Spain/Gibraltar

calum_gers

I'm going to a wedding in Gibraltar at the start of next month and staying over the border in Sotogrande for a week or there abouts, does anyone have knowledge of the area or any tips?

Cheers.

Gibraltar is just a couple of streets which look like the UK pavilion at Epcot...full of "English" pubs, restaurants, tacky gift shops and loads of duty free fags and booze. St. Michael's cave and the siege tunnels are worth a visit and watch out for the macaque monkeys, they're not shy at jumping on your back to get food.

I have family in sotogrande, was there in January playing golf. Sotogrande itself is pretty quiet I thought but maybe it was just the time of year, couple of bars/restaurants. If you can, travel North up the coast to estepona, bout 20 minutes drive. Looked far livelier and i had some of the best tapas ever up there, can't remember the name of the tapas bar though but the waterfront was busy even in January.

3 hours ago, Fas said:

I have family in sotogrande, was there in January playing golf. Sotogrande itself is pretty quiet I thought but maybe it was just the time of year, couple of bars/restaurants. If you can, travel North up the coast to estepona, bout 20 minutes drive. Looked far livelier and i had some of the best tapas ever up there, can't remember the name of the tapas bar though but the waterfront was busy even in January.

^^^This

Estepona is a lovely wee place, been there numerous times.

One of my favourite places is La Escollera, and I'd also highly recommend La Casa Del Rey, amongst others.

Archived