A-League 2016/17

Eednud

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holders of Asian Champions League and drawn in same group as Adelaide United in this season's competition are turfed out for bribery. Guessing their opponents from last year think the decision is a bit late. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-19/asian-club-champs-jeonbuk-disqualified-over-match-fixing-scandal/8193790

I'm going to the game in Perth, after last night's performance I'm confident of a home win,

2-1 Keogh, Breshia and Taggert to score the winner

Fucking Yass, 2/3 scorers correct. Shite first half but good second half oh and f**k Breshia

• 3 weeks later...

Great result for Brisbane Roar last night in the Asian Champions League play-off beating Shanghai Shenhua, including Carlos Tevez & Obafemi Martins and coach Gus Poyet 2-0 in Shanghai. They join Adelaide United and WSW in the group stage. 

Great result for Brisbane Roar last night in the Asian Champions League play-off beating Shanghai Shenhua, including Carlos Tevez & Obafemi Martins and coach Gus Poyet 2-0 in Shanghai. They join Adelaide United and WSW in the group stage. 

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif *

* obviously based on current form

Was hoping Chinese clubs would get better to annoy English teams and make the World Club Championship competitive.

Doesn't bode well if they're losing to beach bums from cricketing countries.

Any update on Wellington? I remember a few years ago there was speculation they might be chucked out?

Was hoping Chinese clubs would get better to annoy English teams and make the World Club Championship competitive.

Doesn't bode well if they're losing to beach bums from cricketing countries.

Any update on Wellington? I remember a few years ago there was speculation they might be chucked out?

Wellington Phoenix got their licence extended but can't remember for how many years. They are currently 8th just 2 points off 6th which is the cut-off point for the play-offs, although 5 points behind 5th place. Just now they are playing Sydney away and trailing 0-1 after 9 minutes.

Archived