central scottish

thedochster57

When the cost of a park plus ref comes to over £150, then another £50/60 for training venues, that's over £200 a week for teams to play, u need regular 20 bodies paying their £10 a week just to break even. Cost is ridiculous and it's no surprise teams are folding all over the place

Aikenhead tried to get going again and after acceptance were let down by players not rejoining. Not enough interest from the old group of players to get it up again and with a year out the game there was no injection of youth or new players. Aikenhead had a good run for the 12/13 years or so it was going. 

Sad to see teams folding, especially Drum Utd a team close to my heart had a great 5 years playing under John black. Lovely guy with a big heart who was great to play under had some of the best years of my life playing at the Drum.

Also sad to see Pollock and Aikenhead fold had many tussles over years during my playing days, two great clubs.

I still believe the Central is the best amateur league in Scotland and will continue to attract clubs.

On another note I see the league select are looking for a new manager, with John being out the game at the minute surely he would be the ideal candidate if he was interested.

14 minutes ago, Wilsy said:

I'm not being funny mate but a team folding is he unfortunate thing here not the fact you have a free week. There is guys from that club devastated.

Genuinely gutted for every one involved at the club, we all know how much work is put into running a club.

just trying to answer the question about them folding. 

Aside from Colville Park in the big one today what's the game of the day? I'm torn between Drumchapel Campsie Harestains Haldane. Bannockburn EK probably be a good game but a bit far 2 travel. The boots are hung up lol so it's a spectator sport for me now

Agree mate it's good to see football flourishing in certain areas and. It all bad! Yesterday's game a good one? I was thinking of heading over but opted for drumchapel campsie. Expected it to be close having played Haldane last season and yourselves a few seasons back

Archived