Falkirk Juniors

Gorgieman

It is never good to see any non-league club fold,Falkirk JFC though unlike some unfortunate others before them have been a disgrace,this has been rumoured for weeks,infact it first came out they were struggling at the end of last season,well before the East Region released the first few fixtures of the new season. They've knew they've been on the way down for weeks but carried on regardless.Feel really sorry for all the other 15 clubs in the league,who will now have a couple of blank weekend/midweek dates,starting with Bathgate tommorow night.

I hope it's no contagious there's clubs that were "made up" in the LL within the last 5 years still playing. 

Just saying like.

Better get my tin hat on [emoji14]

As Hillonearth pointed out, there was scepticism right from the start with this club and sadly it ended as many predicted.

No different from the scepticism expressed when BSC Glasgow/Alloa joined the LL. Will they have a long term future better than Falkirk? We'll see, they have a strong youth base to work from but no ground and no fans has to be sooking up the cash.

From todays Herald,

Falkirk Juniors have folded just days after the start of the new junior football season.

The Grangemouth-based club had to pull out of their opening East Region Premier Division fixture with Arniston Rangers on Saturday.

And with a similar scenario facing them with regard to their second match with Bathgate Thistle last night (Wednesday) the decision was reluctantly taken to call it a day. Club secretary Alan Keir admitted: “It was just down to a lack of support. The money we got was reasonable but the support just wasn’t there and there was just no point.We had five years and we gave it a go but it just didn’t work.We were unable to field a team on Saturday and that just wasn’t acceptable. Despite all the efforts of Davie Lafferty it was difficult and we were also due to play again on Wednesday night. It’s very disappointing because a lot of people have put a tremendous amount of work into over over the past five years. People are used to doing what they do and we just didn’t get the crowds. The stadium and facilities are tremendous but we just didn’t have the fan base."

Alan said taking a year out to regroup had been considered, but felt that would just have delayed the inevitable.

He said: “We spoke about that but there would no guaratantee that we would have had the stadium.Ideally you want to have your own ground but that was never going to happen. “I would just like to thank everyone who gave us their support over the past five years.We did our best but it just wasn’t to be.”

A vicious circle though, the fans wont come if they don't know about the club - even when it was clearly on its knees over the summer there was sod all communication or attempts to engage with the local community. Makes it all the more galling that a club was relegated at the end of last season when it seems clear that Falkirk wouldn't be continuing.

On 9 August 2016 at 18:43, Hillonearth said:

It'd be unfair to name them on here on the basis of what - although I've heard it from a couple of sources - after all still is hearsay, but if it comes to pass it would be a real shame as I'd consider them one of the more viable members.

We'll see come the start of next season whether what I've been told is bollocks or not though.

It's Spartans isn't it? Pleeeese let it be Spartans :lol:

3 hours ago, drs said:

From todays Herald,

Falkirk Juniors have folded just days after the start of the new junior football season.

The Grangemouth-based club had to pull out of their opening East Region Premier Division fixture with Arniston Rangers on Saturday.

And with a similar scenario facing them with regard to their second match with Bathgate Thistle last night (Wednesday) the decision was reluctantly taken to call it a day. Club secretary Alan Keir admitted: “It was just down to a lack of support. The money we got was reasonable but the support just wasn’t there and there was just no point.We had five years and we gave it a go but it just didn’t work.We were unable to field a team on Saturday and that just wasn’t acceptable. Despite all the efforts of Davie Lafferty it was difficult and we were also due to play again on Wednesday night. It’s very disappointing because a lot of people have put a tremendous amount of work into over over the past five years. People are used to doing what they do and we just didn’t get the crowds. The stadium and facilities are tremendous but we just didn’t have the fan base."

Alan said taking a year out to regroup had been considered, but felt that would just have delayed the inevitable.

He said: “We spoke about that but there would no guaratantee that we would have had the stadium.Ideally you want to have your own ground but that was never going to happen. “I would just like to thank everyone who gave us their support over the past five years.We did our best but it just wasn’t to be.”

A vicious circle though, the fans wont come if they don't know about the club - even when it was clearly on its knees over the summer there was sod all communication or attempts to engage with the local community. Makes it all the more galling that a club was relegated at the end of last season when it seems clear that Falkirk wouldn't be continuing.

Are they seriously citing lack of support, Falkirk Juniors playing in Grangemouth and they are surprised at a lack of support? (this was pointed out to the on here 5 years ago) Maybe simple things such as calling the new club after the name of the town you’re actually playing in would have helped a wee bit, but the ego of the man who founded the club and ultimately walked away from it all causing it to fold wouldn’t allow that.  They even played in a Chelsea shirt with their badge stuck over the Chelsea one (still with the Samsung sponsor logo in place). So popular were they that you went to games and you wouldn’t have known a game was taking place there.

Regardless, after deciding over the summer to give it a go this season but leaving it until now to pull out is a disgrace, a club has been relegated that wouldn’t have been if this decision had been taken in June. It sums up the whole charade that the committee can’t even be bothered to take a year out, re-assess their approach, change their name, and come back next year. It was a one man show all along and frankly, good riddance to them.

Football without fans is nothing.

I sympathise with Falkirk, essentially a group of pals at Steelend, who folded - went to Crossgates, who folded and then landed up here.

This is the difference between a Junior and Amateur team but they had a decent kick at the ball and were promoted.

The LL is full of teams like this and it'll never work as a blueprint.

3 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Football without fans is nothing.

I sympathise with Falkirk, essentially a group of pals at Steelend, who folded - went to Crossgates, who folded and then landed up here.

This is the difference between a Junior and Amateur team but they had a decent kick at the ball and were promoted.

The LL is full of teams like this and it'll never work as a blueprint.

I would say the only comparison with Falkirk playing in the LL would BSC "Glasgow" who are playing at Alloa. EK are a new team but seem to have established themselves in what is a big town. The Uni sides have next to no fans but being what they are I doubt that money will be an issue and they should be there for the long haul.

The others are well established sides in their communities.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would say the only comparison with Falkirk playing in the LL would BSC "Glasgow" who are playing at Alloa. EK are a new team but seem to have established themselves in what is a big town. The Uni sides have next to no fans but being what they are I doubt that money will be an issue and they should be there for the long haul.

The others are well established sides in their communities.

The publicity EK got from the Scottish run seems to have given them a wee shot in the arm, both financially and in terms of profile  People I know from the town seem to know who they are a bit more now - before the Celtic game I kept getting asked if my team played in the same division as that EK Thistle lot Celtic were due to play!

I was up at a couple of their recent games - I live not far from EK - and their crowds seem to have crept up as well. Obviously the majority that went to the cup game were of the once in a lifetime supporter variety, but they seem to be breaking three figures more often, although as is often the case with LL clubs, you're never sure how many are paying customers - always seems to be a lot of punters floating about wearing club gear that I assume are something to do with the kids' teams.

But I thought the juniors were the future of non league football? Their main problem was not calling themselves Grangemouth Juniors, I could guarantee they would get 3 figure crowds if they called themselves Grangemouth. Just opens the Stadium for us I suppose. I was also banned from Falkirk Juniors games because I took too many biscuits from the half time stall. Sums up the diddyness of the juniors. Good riddens to them

34 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Top trolling :)

Na it's a shame but they really should've called themselves Grangemouth. The reason they folded was because Lejman thought he had the Camelon job so left Falkirk but ended up not getting it and never returned to Falkirk. They had good sponsorships and even links with Syngenta boys club but absolutely no fan base, which is a shame as it was just waiting for them..,  

3 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Na it's a shame but they really should've called themselves Grangemouth. The reason they folded was because Lejman thought he had the Camelon job so left Falkirk but ended up not getting it and never returned to Falkirk. They had good sponsorships and even links with Syngenta boys club but absolutely no fan base, which is a shame as it was just waiting for them..,  

You are so wrong he was offered the camelon job,turned it down for his family.

Archived