Falkirk Juniors

Gorgieman

As I said in the premier league thread - every player from last season moved on, they signed some guys from Bo'ness Cadora, they haven't played a single pre-season game and last Thursday was the first time they publicly announced they were still looking for players.

Someone on Facebook said they didn't even start pre-season training until 10 days before the season.

The new manager was announced 6 weeks ago but until Thursday it was total silence from the club, right now I can't see them playing a game this season and I'd be very skeptical about them coming back in 2017, I really hope they can get something together for Saturday never mind next season but there just do not seem to be any positive noises or indeed any noises coming from the Grangemouth Stadium.

It all relates back to the conversation in the Premier League thread at the end of last season - they have no communication with anyone and they have done nothing to make themselves a presence in the Grangemouth community as such there aren't people willing to help out as they don't know the club needs help.

7 minutes ago, pumphy_man said:

Just heard they've folded and league have been informed will wait for official verdict though.Came from a former player.

Official on the East Region site. 'Folded' as opposed to abeyance if that makes a difference. This had been coming from the end of last season,

10 minutes ago, drs said:

As I said in the premier league thread - every player from last season moved on, they signed some guys from Bo'ness Cadora, they haven't played a single pre-season game and last Thursday was the first time they publicly announced they were still looking for players.

Someone on Facebook said they didn't even start pre-season training until 10 days before the season.

The new manager was announced 6 weeks ago but until Thursday it was total silence from the club, right now I can't see them playing a game this season and I'd be very skeptical about them coming back in 2017, I really hope they can get something together for Saturday never mind next season but there just do not seem to be any positive noises or indeed any noises coming from the Grangemouth Stadium.

It all relates back to the conversation in the Premier League thread at the end of last season - they have no communication with anyone and they have done nothing to make themselves a presence in the Grangemouth community as such there aren't people willing to help out as they don't know the club needs help.

The vanity project of one man, lasts 5 years, he gets bored and the clubs folds. They should have been big enough to admit defeat in the close season rather than cause problems when its too late to rectify.

Promotion, Community Club awards and Quality Marks mean nothing now  http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/boss-lejman-leaves-falkirk-juniors-1-4156826

When they came in with the goal of giving a selection of the area's players the chance to play Junior in the town rather than elsewhere (i.e. Crossgates) it was always going to be difficult to sustain surely? A sustainable Junior club needs to be more than about players - teams that form for the benefit of players should stick to the Amateurs where fly-by-nights are common.

6 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

When they came in with the goal of giving a selection of the area's players the chance to play Junior in the town rather than elsewhere (i.e. Crossgates) it was always going to be difficult to sustain surely? A sustainable Junior club needs to be more than about players - teams that form for the benefit of players should stick to the Amateurs where fly-by-nights are common.

People said on here from the very start that basing the club in Grangemouth but calling it Falkirk was never the way to go about attracting local interest (and they never did, lucky to have 20 home "fans" at a game), but as you say it probably was never about that anyway, it was about "the players" and his ego no doubt.

The idea is still a sound one, a club called eg Grange Rovers or Grangemouth United, a ready made stadium, engaging with the local community. No reason why it couldn't work long term.

18 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The vanity project of one man, lasts 5 years, he gets bored and the clubs folds. They should have been big enough to admit defeat in the close season rather than cause problems when its too late to rectify.

I hope it's no contagious there's clubs that were "made up" in the LL within the last 5 years still playing. 

Just saying like.

Better get my tin hat on :P

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

I hope it's no contagious there's clubs that were "made up" in the LL within the last 5 years still playing. 

Just saying like.

Better get my tin hat on :P

Not really - I think the preceding posts have made it more than clear Falkirk Juniors were always viewed with a healthy degree of scepticism in terms of their long-term viability from the moment they joined, given the facts that they appeared to be little more than a vanity project who didn't play in the town they were named after and that over the span of their existence they made little apparent effort to accrue a viable fanbase or to engage with the local community.

Rather than come on here to crow over the demise of a club who it's sad to say came and went too quickly to leave any real lasting impression, you might be better served considering the fact that it's not too difficult to name teams in your own organisation who also tick some - indeed in some cases all - of the above boxes...

24 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Not really - I think the preceding posts have made it more than clear Falkirk Juniors were always viewed with a healthy degree of scepticism in terms of their long-term viability from the moment they joined, given the facts that they appeared to be little more than a vanity project who didn't play in the town they were named after and that over the span of their existence they made little apparent effort to accrue a viable fanbase or to engage with the local community.

Rather than come on here to crow over the demise of a club who it's sad to say came and went too quickly to leave any real lasting impression, you might be better served considering the fact that it's not too difficult to name teams in your own organisation who also tick some - indeed in some cases all - of the above boxes...

:D

Certainly wasn't crowing it's never good seeing any club fold. 

That's the point I was getting the clubs in the LL formed within last 5 years  haven't folded yet.

Who knows maybe Falkirk can relocate and play in Glasgow :D

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

:D

Certainly wasn't crowing it's never good seeing any club fold. 

That's the point I was getting the clubs in the LL formed within last 5 years  haven't folded yet.

Who knows maybe Falkirk can relocate and play in Glasgow :D

I notice your use of the word "yet"

The majority of the LL clubs are well-established enough and their continued existences should be safe - additionally, the Uni sides involved can absorb losses which would be prohibitive for an independent club. 

It remains to be seen however how some of the clubs from outside the LL's core territory of the Edinburgh area and the Borders - i.e. contigious with the area covered by the EoS league - will be able to indefinitely absorb the losses they must be making through travelling the distances they do to play in front of the crowds they attract. I'm already hearing one current LL side won't be in the league next season regardless of where they finish this year for precisely those reasons. 

17 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I notice your use of the word "yet"

The majority of the LL clubs are well-established enough and their continued existences should be safe - additionally, the Uni sides involved can absorb losses which would be prohibitive for an independent club. 

It remains to be seen however how some of the clubs from outside the LL's core territory of the Edinburgh area and the Borders - i.e. contigious with the area covered by the EoS league - will be able to indefinitely absorb the losses they must be making through travelling the distances they do to play in front of the crowds they attract. I'm already hearing one current LL side won't be in the league next season regardless of where they finish this year for precisely those reasons. 

Howay then gies a clue what team it is hills  ? 

Least give them a chance to start this season :D

59 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Howay then gies a clue what team it is hills  ? 

Least give them a chance to start this season :D

It'd be unfair to name them on here on the basis of what - although I've heard it from a couple of sources - after all still is hearsay, but if it comes to pass it would be a real shame as I'd consider them one of the more viable members.

We'll see come the start of next season whether what I've been told is bollocks or not though.

Archived