The Sons v The Arabs 13/8/16

Great team performance today, Stevenson's deliveries are superb, but surprisingly I'd give motm to Smith, fabulous on the Break, but defensively excellent, knocking balls out, off the toes of United men, and unlucky not to score, and I'll bet it was stevo that released the biggest shite

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For future reference, the fans of teams who should definitely should not be having a pop at us in match threads:

Partick - we put you out the cup, live with it.

St Johnstone - keep your wee team mentality for the Premiership forum; you are not rivals of us, you never will be.

Most of all - Hibs - you are a bigger club than us and this is your 3rd (third) year in this division; you don't have any right to laugh at anyone.

2nd week in the diddy leagues and he's already losing it. Tragic stuff.

That was a very welcome surprise today but essentially it boiled down to us performing much better than of late and United being unexpectedly (to me) ineffective.

Thomson rag-dolled Durnan all afternoon and the collective work ethic was great.  Sparky looked very comfortable at centre-back, if he can repeat that form then Frazer Wright will be backup only.  Let's give SA credit too in playing Stevo up the park, his natural position.

I'll be looking for more from young Thompson and Harvie as the weeks go by, but Todd and Smith enhanced their credentials today.

Oh, and on this afternoon's evidence the 'keeper debate is dead, stone dead.

Agree with most of what has been said. I was mystified why Utd kept attacking us down their right side (our left)  which is our stronger defensively. Danny Harvie and Mark Doc were great. Whilst Gregor Buchanan was good too, I'm a wee bit uneasy about Pettigrew. He was ok but if a mistake was going to come, you felt it would be through him. I like the look of the new keeper, No falures today, Todd was great. Glad I sponsored him!

Very encouraging stuff

ryan stevenson was outstanding today.quality on the ball  first class. A lot of our problems from last week were definitely stronger today pettigrew hardie and smith and sparky coming back in did great.

sorcisl mention to gall who gets criticised when bad so deserves praise today .

as for United . Give them loads of the ball with the centre halfs and you'll beat them . Very pedestrian particularly in first half . 

Hooefully we can build on this result

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

For future reference, the fans of teams who should definitely should not be having a pop at us in match threads:

Partick - we put you out the cup, live with it.

St Johnstone - keep your wee team mentality for the Premiership forum; you are not rivals of us, you never will be.

Most of all - Hibs - you are a bigger club than us and this is your 3rd (third) year in this division; you don't have any right to laugh at anyone.

:lol:

You said this last season as well, dry yer eyes.

Just now, Waspie said:

Well done Sons and Sparky, great stuff. Also, thank you for releasing Taggart and Kirkpatrick :)

And well done to your team today, and of late. Fantastic start to the season for you. Just goes to show that some players are better off with certain managers, eg Jordan Kirkpatrick.

The last time Sons were down 1-5 at half time was the late 80's and I walked out at half time.

Hope that a) you come straight back up and b) we stay up as well.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

And Graham and Cawley ;)

Ach I don't really count wee Kev, he was really just on a kind of season long loan deal last year ;) Graham has settled very quickly and is already making us forget his Bino past. Most significant ex Son is the manager, this new team would destroy our Danny Lennon Championship side. Anyway, keep it up part-time pals.

4 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Ach I don't really count wee Kev, he was really just on a kind of season long loan deal last year ;) Graham has settled very quickly and is already making us forget his Bino past. Most significant ex Son is the manager, this new team would destroy our Danny Lennon Championship side. Anyway, keep it up part-time pals.

We had Jason Marr on trial as well and didn't offer him a deal, so you can thank us for him too! I must admit I'm pleased to see you lot doing well, always found Alloa a very likeable club and it was good to have them join us over the past few years.

Anyway, all this fawning has no place on a football forum.

Archived