The Sons v The Arabs 13/8/16

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very pleasing to hear on the sportscene match report that we were 'resolute' in defence in the latter stages as we protected our lead.

A very pleasant change to what we've been like defensively so far.

Your defence looked very solid indeed although it was barely tested at all. You saw the game out very comfortably.

I was too far away to see what the penalty was for. I'm presuming it was for shirt pulling?

Mark Durnan had a display for the ages though! Fucking ouch!

Smashing, never doubted Stevie and his bizarre tactics.

Aldo made two stunning saves - the dirt in particular - and fills me with so much more confidence than Broon.

Proper captains displays from Stevo, when he's played in support of Thommo he's a really big asset. Looks to be hungry, aggressive and has a ridiculous amount of quality on the ball.

I actually thought we had 2 penalty appeals that were stronger than the one that was given, although it did look like Buchanan had his shirt almost pulled off him!

Sparky got the official MOTM but to be honest it could've gone to almost anyone in the team. Not a single performance below an 8/10.

By the way that flag display. Ooooft.

Absolutely magnificent, particularly in the second half

Have to I genuinely feared for us when i saw Docherty was playing at centre half, but he was superb. Great penalty, but have to say I was surprised United didn't pressure him with some high balls

Great team effort all round, but my motm would have been Stevenson. What a display. Big Thomson also proved he will be a handful for most defences this season

United? Great noisy support, but have to say they were pretty woeful. Never really put us under any sustained pressure

Totally delighted to pick up the 3 points and a clean sheet too

21 hours ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

So, all wind and pish tomorrow then?    :)

Need a Martin Mooney-type player in the Forward line tomorrow.

1-0 Sons .........please!

:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

50/50 draw ticket - £1

Programme -£2.50

Ticket -£20

Result - priceless.

For everything else, there's MasterCard.

United played well, but the realisation that this is a difficult league just dawned on them today. This result was as good as the Hibs ones last year. Fans streaming for the exits at 1-0? Glory hunters.

MOTM for me was Robert "Andy Brown lookalike" Thomson. One of our fans even shouted "Come on Broony" when he was on the ball. 

A fantastic result for us. Well done the lads.

The card-happy ref lived up to his reputation and gave more than his regular 5 cards a game. 

4 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Probably best Partick Thistle fans lay off the trolling here. Everyone else are entitled to fire in.

A one-off cup game doesn't prevent us being able to laugh at United's league form picking up where it left off. New season, new manager, new players, same embarrassing shambles. Unlucky.

Archived