Morton v Falkirk 13/08/16

3 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Tidser is quite clearly match fit: hence his absolute swording of Premiership sides. Trying to use the 70th minute at the end of a three game week to prop up your laughable, amateur hour sports science efforts is fooling noone champ.

He quite clearly isn't champ as he has been posted missing in both Midden and Falkirk games. the swording of the two Premiership games wasn't down to Tidser's game play in the 80th/90th minute

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

He quite clearly isn't champ as he has been posted missing in both Midden and Falkirk games. the swording of the two Premiership games wasn't down to Tidser's game play in the 80th/90th minute

The whole team have went missing for 45 minutes in both league games this season. Is the whole team not match fit?

15 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Tidser is quite clearly match fit: hence his absolute swording of Premiership sides. Trying to use the 70th minute at the end of a three game week to prop up your laughable, amateur hour sports science efforts is fooling noone champ.

He quite clearly isn't champ as he has been posted missing in both Midden and Falkirk games. the swording of the two Premiership games wasn't down to Tidser's game play in the 80th minute

The whole team sat back and defended for 45 minutes, that's quite different from being posted missing. 

5 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

He quite clearly isn't champ as he has been posted missing in both Midden and Falkirk games. the swording of the two Premiership games wasn't down to Tidser's game play in the 80th minute

The whole team sat back and defended for 45 minutes, that's quite different from being posted missing. 

You're only seeing what you want to see. You made a stupid statement (which we've all done on plenty occasions) but now you feel to justify it you need to spin ours and Tidser's second half performances  to suit your argument despite there being multiple very explainable reasons for them, that have absolutely nothing to do with match fitness.

You can keep peddling this line all you like Colkitto, but everyone can see that you made a stupid statement and are determined to stick it by no matter what. Literally every other person watching Morton this season knows that Tidser is match fit and you're only digging deeper.

As for Scullion, yes, if he doesn't force his way into the team by January he'll be gone, and he should massively regret not taking his chance when he started against Albion Rovers. That's an ability issue rather than a fitness one though and I'd certainly rather see him appearing from the bench than McAleer or McDonagh based on what we've seen of them so far.

7 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

If Tidser can't last 90 minutes in a game then he is clearly by definition not match fit. I can't really say any more on that because that's the fact of the matter.

Good thing he's lasted 90 minutes in six of our seven games then.

16 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

If Tidser can't last 90 minutes in a game then he is clearly by definition not match fit. I can't really say any more on that because that's the fact of the matter.

Pretty sure he was still on the pitch after 90 minutes tbh, that's the only matter of fact here. The reasons for him falling out of both league games in the second half had absolutely nothing to do with tiredness.

Duffy took three tiring players off yesterday before even considering Tidser, and people still left on the pitch like Forbes were clearly more tired than Tidser, so again does that mean the whole team isn't match fit? 

Duffy also refused to play Tidser when he was fit last season because he wasn't match fit, so why is it now he's got him playing every 90 minutes all of a sudden?

It seems utterly bizarre to single out a player who has played 90 minutes in every single match bar one so far this season where we haven't lost a game in those 7 matches as not match fit.

I can't decide what's worse. The fact you believed your original statement enough to believe it, or the fact you'll continue to argue it out of stubbornness despite it being absolutely clear that you're wrong. At least when you made the original statement it was a matter of opinion and we all get opinions wrong, but it's now a matter of fact that Tidser is clearly match fit and you're still trying to peddle it at all costs for some unknown reason.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I don't get why folk are tearing in to Rankin. Overall he's impressed but the problem is him/Taiwo/Kerr are all too similar. We are absolutely crying out for a midfielder with pace that can get forward and score goals from the middle of the park. I thought Hippo looked good at the top of the diamond and hopefully we persist with that. Austin should start as well. We improved a lot after Miller went off because we started playing the ball on the deck.

I think Rankin was poor up until yesterday if I'm honest. Yesterday he seemed to have settled a bit more and his defensive work was good and started doing better going forward as the game went on. I hope they work on passing in training this week. Too many slack passes under no pressure yesterday Rankin, Muirhead and Miller ones in particular stick in my head.

Colkitto having a good day here!

We are absolutely crying out for a midfielder with pace that can get forward and score goals from the middle of the park. I thought Hippo looked good at the top of the diamond and hopefully we persist with that. Austin should start as well. We improved a lot after Miller went off because we started playing the ball on the deck.

Well said that man!

On 8/12/2016 at 19:22, USTon said:

Jim Duffy is as good a manager as Morton have had since Benny Rooney.   He has had a far higher strike rate with his signings than previous managers.  He takes care to make sure we get personalities that fit in the dressing room and the players like and respect him.  OK occasionally he gets it wrong tactically but that is not because he does not do his homework.  Funnily enough our worst results have been against peer clubs like Raith.  Last season in games against such clubs we often left after the game scratching our heads as to how we lost!

Duffy gets nowhere near enough credit from fans but maybe gradually he is winning them round.

The other thing that is going right at Morton is our youth academy that is starting to show every sign of producing a conveyor of talent, contrary to the expectation of a number of regular posters.  

How's the Supporters' Trust going Mr. Chairman?

Archived