The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

8 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hi guys. Just starting work on the programme for the game next month. Are Andy Stirling, Robert Thomson and David Ferguson all still Kilby players?

Your guess is as good as ours. Club hasn't publicly said who have been released, who have re-signed (apart from John Robertson), those who are under contract till May 2025, and those to whom offers have been made.

Of the three players mentioned, according to one external online source, Robert Thomson and David Ferguson are signed. As for Andy Stirling, well his picture (along with pics of Ryan Lockie and Nathan Flanagan) recently appeared on social media posts. Also, haven't heard of him going anywhere else, so probably safe to assume he's still around.

1 hour ago, DiamondOwl said:

Your guess is as good as ours. Club hasn't publicly said who have been released, who have re-signed (apart from John Robertson), those who are under contract till May 2025, and those to whom offers have been made.

Of the three players mentioned, according to one external online source, Robert Thomson and David Ferguson are signed. As for Andy Stirling, well his picture (along with pics of Ryan Lockie and Nathan Flanagan) recently appeared on social media posts. Also, haven't heard of him going anywhere else, so probably safe to assume he's still around.

Nice one, glad it wasn't just me who was struggling to find something concrete! 

I'll include them in the opposition preview. Can always delete them if they leave between now and then! 

10 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hi guys. Just starting work on the programme for the game next month. Are Andy Stirling, Robert Thomson and David Ferguson all still Kilby.

Weird one this year. They were all over social media last year promoting everything. But only 3 players announced this year. Due the turnover last year you wonder how many players will stay on from last year.

I reckon the 'more outgoings' are indirectly covered in the squad list above as there are 5 players not mentioned who were assets at the end of last season.  Overall it looks like 11 are leaving from the squad of 26 (plus Ally Roy out on loan) that ended the campaign 

Dylan McDonald (Airdrie), Kai Montagu (Raith Rovers), Adam McGowan (Tranent), Cameron Eadie & Johnny Lyon (both Johnstone Burgh) and Aaron Arnott (back to Raith Rovers, end of loan) have all been announced.

Mark Morrison going to Troon & Liam Brown contracted terminated as you mentioned yourself on the last page .  Not announced anywhere yet but their departure looks like it's confirmed as they are not included in the list above.  Chris McGowan, Scott Ferguson and Ally Roy (on loan at Alloa) are the other 3 players not accounted for.  

Just 19 on that list, 16 remaining players plus the 3 new signings, so still 3 or 4 to come in I'd expect.  Only 5 defenders so would expect at least 2 to be added for some cover at full/wing back and maybe another central midfield player.

Agree about Tiwi, we always seemed to play him off the left wing and I felt that we weren't seeing him at his best.  Felt he'd be better through the middle as part of a two but we never played that way.

On the 3 signings I reckon 1 upgrade, 1 potential downgrade and 1 neither as he's not replacing anyone.  Jordan McGregor is better then Eadie.  Brown probably better then Jack Leitch.  The 6 forwards who completed last season are still here so Broque Watson is another option rather than a replacement.

34 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Daily Record reporting EK signing Reegan Mimnaugh ex Hamilton access and QoS.

It has been a long day, I give up tell us who you have reportedly signed ??  I assume Reegan Mimnaugh is an anagram.  Surely no parent would name their child that !!!

Edited by Deanburn Dave

30 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

It has been a long day, I give up tell us who you have reportedly signed ??  I assume Reegan Mimnaugh is an anagram.  Surely no parent would name their child that !!!

Good passer sits in front of defence. Not great at the physical stuff.