The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

37 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

From what I heard about wages for a player BU were in for at the same time as them, that wouldn't shock me at all.

Does make you wonder though if some could be prised out at a discount with EK paying just to move them on.

Rovers offered Sean Fagen really good money EK offered him more than double, 

I'm jealous we don't have the ability to do that and don't hold it against the players, none of them have come out and said oglh it's not about the money so fair play to them go and grav it while you can

Edited by Chris_the_rover

14 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Well if you don't contribute then we'll get nowhere.  Surely better than jumping on another teams thread just to slag them?

I'm not in anyway slagging EK,

Tongue in cheek maybe, but at the same time asking a serious question

MK has to get his house in order. Players do not want to be there but have to play due to injuries etc. His arrogance to sign players just because they have played league football. Sign players have have energy  and want to prove something not players that are ferry's mates and legs have gone. WTF does the GK coach do that he thinks that Wilson is a good GK. 

Early days in the league, although admittedly I didn’t see that result coming yesterday, but I still think they need to address the GK position and get Flanagan back. They should be able to pick up a comfortable 3 points on Tuesday, and will probably kick on from there.

No post match interview with MK yesterday.  

plenty of rumours circulating regarding is position and a rumoured fall out with the owners.  

Too many players. Too much money thrown around. Players interested in money not loyalty to team. The loyalties goes from MK to the players then players to the club.  

38 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

No post match interview with MK yesterday.  

plenty of rumours circulating regarding is position and a rumoured fall out with the owners.  

Too many players. Too much money thrown around. Players interested in money not loyalty to team. The loyalties goes from MK to the players then players to the club.  

They are waiting on a new social media person coming in I believe, so probably the reason for no interview. Still not sure why last social media guy left, seemed to be doing a decent job.

Edited by To B or not B

Is it as simple as EK luring a lot of guys in last season on big money from higher leagues and the (almost foregone conclusion at the time) that they'd been playing in League 2 this season and now a chunk of these guys don't fancy another season of LL football? Or more to it?

23 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Another obsessed 

I'll be honest and say that I am mildly obsessed by EK. I can't help myself, it's absolutely fascinating. This period of EK's history will be used in anthropologic studies in future.

7 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I'll be honest and say that I am mildly obsessed by EK. I can't help myself, it's absolutely fascinating. This period of EK's history will be used in anthropologic studies in future.

It's not the obsession with ek, it's the hard on folk have for Mick Kennedy.

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

It's not the obsession with ek, it's the hard on folk have for Mick Kennedy.

No no, I can assure you it’s the full package. MK is but a piece of the puzzle.

I can assure you I don’t have a hard on for him either, I prefer a much taller man. 

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

EK sign Steven Boyd. Good footballer but not up for it when it gets tough.

Spent most of his career at championship/league 1 level, but as a striker he has 23 league goals in those 9 years...

Robert Thompson away to  Gartcairn, also

3 hours ago, CS_Dumbarton said:

Spent most of his career at championship/league 1 level, but as a striker he has 23 league goals in those 9 years...

Robert Thompson away to  Gartcairn, also

Hopefully is more mobile than Thomson. 

Am sure the new guy will be an upgrade on Thomson (still think Samson is worth keeping tho).  The main problem (goalkeeper) will cost us the league if not fixed. Other teams (Hearts B, Berwick and others) have all strengthened and it’s not a foregone  conclusion EK will win it this year. It’s a worry as we have had some great keepers in the last ten years and this guy appears to be the worst we’ve had.. 

30 minutes ago, Kilbyfan said:

Am sure the new guy will be an upgrade on Thomson (still think Samson is worth keeping tho).  The main problem (goalkeeper) will cost us the league if not fixed. Other teams (Hearts B, Berwick and others) have all strengthened and it’s not a foregone  conclusion EK will win it this year. It’s a worry as we have had some great keepers in the last ten years and this guy appears to be the worst we’ve 

The management team sure must be looking for a new GK. The young boy that came in from Motherwell is a far superior keeper to our GK. Sorry can't remember his name. Why not just someone on loan until Truesdale is back fit.