The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

10 hours ago, PELE said:

Not for long. Watch Kelty plummet now that the money man has gone. FC Edinburgh will struggle as well now.

I think FC Edinburgh are going to struggle hugely, with the money man pulling out. The club seem to be making the right noises about alternative revenue sources, but I don’t know. I feel Kelty might be a bit more resilient.   

Edited by Cowdenleith

31 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Will still be miles ahead of Cowden. Better facilities, community club & structure, all of which were invested in as well as the team on the pitch 😀 

I genuinely wish you well, but reality is about to hit. You got where you did because of the sugar daddy. Everyone knows that. No other reason. Community club is all very well, but that's easy when you are having success. It's money that gets the success that you had. Not having a community club or a busy social club.  It's frightening the amount of money that is required to compete, even in League 2. You are heading back to the Lowland League and I think deep down you know that yourself. I hope you survive and wish you good luck.

Just now, PELE said:

I genuinely wish you well, but reality is about to hit. You got where you did because of the sugar daddy. Everyone knows that. No other reason. Community club is all very well, but that's easy when you are having success. It's money that gets the success that you had. Not having a community club or a busy social club.  It's frightening the amount of money that is required to compete, even in League 2. You are heading back to the Lowland League and I think deep down you know that yourself. I hope you survive and wish you good luck.

LG2 is sustainable 100% looking at the other clubs that have survived there for a long period. I'd love Cowden to come back up also by the way & been a couple of good signings todsy to help that objective.

I know we are where we are because of Dean's investment, but I also know how shitely run plenty of other clubs are. We are in good shape despite a reduced budget as we spent money on structure. Deep down I feel we can average L2 over the next decade with some ups & downs for sure.

1 minute ago, leomessi1984 said:

LG2 is sustainable 100% looking at the other clubs that have survived there for a long period. I'd love Cowden to come back up also by the way & been a couple of good signings todsy to help that objective.

I know we are where we are because of Dean's investment, but I also know how shitely run plenty of other clubs are. We are in good shape despite a reduced budget as we spent money on structure. Deep down I feel we can average L2 over the next decade with some ups & downs for sure.

I hope you do. Good luck.

2 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

I am not so sure that other clubs are badly run. More a case of them simply not having enough income. Most of the teams in League 2 simply do not generate anywhere near enough revenue to meet their costs.

On 09/06/2023 at 21:15, ScottishLoon said:

I know bringing in the big name older players wasn't working last few years in terms of winning the league but surely going this "lets go down the darvel money route" strategy isn't going to do you any favours after a couple of years when everyone is annoyed about you like they are with kelty and cove, changed far too much on the back of your play off disappointment from an outsider perspective just look at the difference between how bonnyrigg is viewed over kelty in recent years, If I'm a bonnyrigg fan yes I'm in a lower league but I'd be much more happy at where my club is terms of community and relationships with other clubs.

East kilbride went done the darvel money route 10 years before darvel had any money spend.
its nothing new for us to be flinging money at it. 
They have tried various methods. Big name older players, younger local boys, a mixture of both. 
Been close on a few occasions but not quite good enough.

Money is being spent this year again for another push. Im not sure the owners or anyone at the club will be overly concerned about annoying you or your club. Or any other clubs for that matter.
On that note, i’ve never felt the need to feel annoyed at kelty or cove or the likes for having money to spend.  Good on them. They have spent it well and have steady foundations there for the future.

A question for EK fans - & it's asked out of genuine footballing interest, rather than trying to be a sh*t stirrer, so please take it in that vein - what's the fans' view of this close to 100% change of playing personnel?

We're all used as football fans to seeing comings & goings at our clubs, & of course it's not unusual to see some fairly significant change when a new manager comes in to any club, but as fans we generally feel a connection with a club, with a big part of that being through the players. But with EK here, if pretty much all the previous players have gone - just one left? - then it would seem that a large part of that connection has also gone.

Even when a manager is sacked after a poor time for a club, there's usually a number of key players - club legends, long serving stalwarts, promising youngsters etc - that stay on & offer a link to the new regime, but it seems there's nothing of that nature with this transition at EK. Can't recall having see such a wholesale change previously at any club, so genuinely interested in the longstanding EK fans' views on the situation. Thanks! 

36 minutes ago, Highland ITFC said:

A question for EK fans - & it's asked out of genuine footballing interest, rather than trying to be a sh*t stirrer, so please take it in that vein - what's the fans' view of this close to 100% change of playing personnel?

We're all used as football fans to seeing comings & goings at our clubs, & of course it's not unusual to see some fairly significant change when a new manager comes in to any club, but as fans we generally feel a connection with a club, with a big part of that being through the players. But with EK here, if pretty much all the previous players have gone - just one left? - then it would seem that a large part of that connection has also gone.

Even when a manager is sacked after a poor time for a club, there's usually a number of key players - club legends, long serving stalwarts, promising youngsters etc - that stay on & offer a link to the new regime, but it seems there's nothing of that nature with this transition at EK. Can't recall having see such a wholesale change previously at any club, so genuinely interested in the longstanding EK fans' views on the situation. Thanks! 

Ah don’t think you’ll get an answer cos they have nae fans.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

9 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

East kilbride went done the darvel money route 10 years before darvel had any money spend.
its nothing new for us to be flinging money at it. 
They have tried various methods. Big name older players, younger local boys, a mixture of both. 
Been close on a few occasions but not quite good enough.

Money is being spent this year again for another push. Im not sure the owners or anyone at the club will be overly concerned about annoying you or your club. Or any other clubs for that matter.
On that note, i’ve never felt the need to feel annoyed at kelty or cove or the likes for having money to spend.  Good on them. They have spent it well and have steady foundations there for the future.

If ever there was a club that says Lowland League it's EK.

Every season that has went by in the LL was going to be EK's season.

10 years down the line and with the B team 18 point landmines EK not only voted for but boasted about it doesn't look any better. 

2 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

i ain't a fan, far from it but that's seriously a dumb shit reply even to have a laugh.
Every game I went to last season they had a good sized crowd and majority were EK fans, so i don't get what you got out of that comment

32 minutes ago, Highland ITFC said:

East kilbride are still a very new club. Probably still trying to find an identity if truth be told.

They have always had a high turnover of players each year. I dont think thats majorly uncommon at this level. Although i agree, this year is a full squad. But it was probably needed. Weren’t good enough last season. The owners are hell bent on getting promotion. So they will do whatever they feel is needed.

For me though, the best football and most enjoyable times at the club was when we had a core of players who were all local east kilbride boys. Main core of the squad stayed together for a few years. And there was a bond. They all looked like they were enjoying there football. So i would take that over constant turnover all day long. 

Try telling the owners that though.

37 minutes ago, Highland ITFC said:

Personally I was quite disappointed, there were a few players that I felt deserved to be kept, Neal McLaughlin, Ben Hughes, Reece McGuire.

Naturally Mick Kennedy has his own ideas but I'm baffled that he never saw anything in the players we had, I think Dylan MacDonald is the only player from last season still here, he was our best player.

I'll get behind the team as always.

15 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

EKFC not to be confused with East Kilbride Thistle have a few fans other than the obvious family and friends from the 25 boys/girls clubs they run at £40 a month. I know a few of the so called fans. Booze bags out the local bowling club. Is EK their first loyalty, lol, even a couple of them i remember from Shawfield days. They certainly wouldn't dream of going to an away game.

Edited by PossilYM

7 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

i ain't a fan, far from it but that's seriously a dumb shit reply even to have a laugh.
Every game I went to last season they had a good sized crowd and majority were EK fans, so i don't get what you got out of that comment

Easy trigger, they stumble out the bowling club into the K Park but their first loyalty ain't to EKFC.

The same crew turned up when East Kilbride Thistle played the odd game there.

8 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

East kilbride are still a very new club. Probably still trying to find an identity if truth be told.

They have always had a high turnover of players each year. I dont think thats majorly uncommon at this level. Although i agree, this year is a full squad. But it was probably needed. Weren’t good enough last season. The owners are hell bent on getting promotion. So they will do whatever they feel is needed.

For me though, the best football and most enjoyable times at the club was when we had a core of players who were all local east kilbride boys. Main core of the squad stayed together for a few years. And there was a bond. They all looked like they were enjoying there football. So i would take that over constant turnover all day long. 

Try telling the owners that though.

New club?

The EK boys club been around for decades.

7 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

EKFC not to be confused with East Kilbride Thistle have a few fans other than the obvious family and friends from the 25 boys/girls clubs they run at £40 a month. I know a few of the so called fans. Booze bags out the local bowling club. Is EK their first loyalty, lol, even a couple of them i remember from Shawfield days. They certainly wouldn't dream of going to an away game.

You been in the bowling club with the kid on guys that you speak of this morning by any chance? 
What a load of pish you spout.

1 minute ago, johnmc80 said:

Such pathetic trolling in lower league threads. Im angry. 

Pity you didn't have such passion when you went missing on here the last 6 months.

EKFC motto is from Robert the Bruce, try try and try again.

Best thing that could ever happen to the LL is getting rid of the likes of EKFC and that Broomhill outfit.

Either up or more likely down.

12 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

I would agree with that. Feel Kelty has just about a large enough support to maintain L2 consistently with the set up off the park they have.