Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

10 hours ago, Falkirkyabass said:

Been hearing Partick are super over powered anyone with the beta noticed?

I started a save just to look about with them, and going by the general team report, they seem to have got us spot on in terms of descriptions.  Didn't play it long enough to see though.

I've started a save with Scotland like I did with FM16, and it's proving to be a most realistic experience.  Struggled to a 2-1 win over Lithuania away, lost by the same scoreline at Hampden against England (a good performance) but then got absolutely pumped 4-0 by Slovakia away.  Might not be so easy this time around :(

Started playing today, my first footman save in about 2 years.

St. Mirren seem about right the defence is an absolute shambles. I might have to try an 'easier' team to get used to the updated features before going back to St.Mirren on the full game

Couldnt find permanent buyers for some of the dross in the squad so shipped them out on loans (50% of wages if they play, 100% if they dont)

Noticed in their contract bit that its says mandatory fee, x amount, but also 100 games? So is the fee only triggered if they play those games?

Also - if said dross turns down a deal with the loanee after the fee is triggered, am i still stuck with them?

Thistle also hae a Chief Doctor on no wages that, it seems, does nothing, and data analyst/sports scientists dont have any key attributes. I assume these are all quirks of the beta though.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

c1f1a4e125d979cabc1a1fb20c24f312.png

Starting to find the going tough. Late goals, and lots of goals, conceded. Laporte still not available and injuries biting in midfield. This is where the Basque-only player rules sees me struggling.

Still though, looking forward to establishing the Basque-pathway as best as I can. All of the facilities are pretty much at their best so its a case of getting the staff right now.

So it turns out H2H in qualification for the World Cup doesn't actually come in to play. Fucking fuming. Got beaten 2-0 off England & beat them 3-0. Finished 1 goal behind them and on 21 points each.

Got Belgium in the play off and got pumped 6-3 on aggregate.

b*****ds.

Started playing today, my first footman save in about 2 years.

St. Mirren seem about right the defence is an absolute shambles. I might have to try an 'easier' team to get used to the updated features before going back to St.Mirren on the full game

I've usually found us to be relatively easy to go in precious saves. Think it was FM15 when I shamelessly abused the relationship with Newcastle and ended up with Haidara and Armstrong on loan.

I'm assuming it's just the back four that needs sorting in this one? Kind of hoping Kyle Hutton and/or Rocco Quinn are massively overrated.

Looking forward to getting this now, once I save up the pennies to get a decent machine to play it on.

Bilbao going very much in peaks and troughs. Can go on a three or four match winning run and then pull a 3-0 defeat off of Celta Vigo from nowhere.

Some of the goalkeeping is utterly horrendous and I've conceded some amount of goals where the striker just runs between the two centre midfielders right down the middle of the pitch.

55 minutes ago, BuddieInDundee said:

I've usually found us to be relatively easy to go in precious saves. Think it was FM15 when I shamelessly abused the relationship with Newcastle and ended up with Haidara and Armstrong on loan.

I'm assuming it's just the back four that needs sorting in this one? Kind of hoping Kyle Hutton and/or Rocco Quinn are massively overrated.

Looking forward to getting this now, once I save up the pennies to get a decent machine to play it on.

I generally start all my games with all transfer budgets zero, making it a challenge to get any new players in.

I started again with St. Mirren, and I'm doing alright. 4 wins 2 draws and a defeat in the league. A quarter final against Killie in the league cup, and a quarter final with Bala Town in the challenge cup.

I've signed some 35 year old Italian who can play centre or left back for the season. That's all. Mallan however requests to leave almost immediately, so he'll be gone in January.

I'm generally playing a structered 4-4-2 with a roaming playmaker and a ball-winner in the middle. A supporting target man and advanced forward up top. Shankland appears a bit overrated, averaging a goal a game.

MacKenzie and Quinn are still on their journey back from injury.

Defending set-pieces is killing me though, making a lot of comfortable games turn quickly. Tried messing around with how I'm set-up but nothing is clicking. 

The amount of loanees signed by Scottish clubs puts me right off managing there. Even ticking the box to prevent first window budgets doesnt help, one week in and Aberdeen and Hearts already have three.

Graeme Shinnie

Determination rating 3

Yikes!

14 in mine.

Bit the bullet at Bilbao and resigned because I was so disillusioned at how the defence was playing.

Now at Brentford. Going to be another interesting project considering how they do recruitment. I've noted they've got more data analysts than scouts.

Beat Sunderland 2-1 in the first game of the season though. Still going with the strikerless philosophy, it'll be interesting to see how it works with teams pressing a lot higher in this league.

Harlee Dean is the real stand out in defence and Lewis Macleod still looks great in midfield.