Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

16 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Cheers Guys! 

May have to buy a copy now!

They've used a bunch of your pics and not given you anything for it? Thats poor.

12 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Still undecided about how I feel about the game this year. Visually they have done a good job of sprucing it up a bit so it flows nicely and there are a few nice touches within some of the information screens. In terms of actual gameplay I will probably make my mind up in a few weeks (I always find the first save and first few hours a bit awkward and difficult to get to grips with).

This. Its the best of the recent versions, mainly I think because they've not made wholesale changes but rather tweaked various parts of the game. Thats good for gameplay but a bit of a kick in the stones having to pay for a full price game again

It's definitely much harder (I didn't buy 16 so my previous game was 15). Been sacked as Dumbarton manager for the first time ever.

I assume Tactical Knowledge is the main attribute needed for whatever staff member gives you your Tactical Preview (Board wouldn't let me hire a data analyst...), and my staff were all shite in this area. Resulting in me constantly making adjustments to formation and player roles in an attempt to combat other teams. Which meant after 27 games my team had barely 50% familiarity with our default formation.

I'm blaming that. And the injuries. Jesus Christ are the injuries bad in this. Had 7 players out at one point with 3 being long term... [emoji35]

Started one save so far as Parma, and got sacked in mid-November with the club in the relegation play-off spots - they ended up getting relegated after I left. Rather than start a new save I thought I'd keep it going and just apply for available jobs and see if anything interesting came up. Applied with Mallorca and Real Zaragoza in the Spanish second tier, but failed to get either. Ended up getting the job with Dynamo Dresden in Bundesliga 2, at the end of February with one aim - avoid automatic relegation. They were sitting second bottom with 10 games to go and only a point off of the team above in 16th and a further point behind the team in 15th. Seemed a challenge but a doable one.

First game was against Union Berlin who were the side directly above us. We lost 3-0. Then we lost 3-1 to Karlsruhe. The gap between us and the teams above was now 6 and 7 points. It wasn't looking good. I swapped some players around and just hoped for the best. We won 4 and drew 4 of our final 8 games, keeping 5 clean sheets and stayed up by 3 points. It seemed like I'd made a mistake for the next season though, by keeping faith with the majority of the team that had kept us up. Forgetting they were the reason we were sitting second bottom when I joined to start with - although I had found it difficult to attract players to the club, even on loan, despite having a couple of million to spend plus a decent wage budget to play with. We won 3 and lost 7 of our opening 10 games.

I moved from a back 3 to a back 5 and took over full control of training, to see if it would make a difference. One reason we were struggling was a lack of goals. In the previous season since I took over, we only scored more than one goal in two of those ten games. 14 games in to this season, we'd only managed to do it twice again. We aren't conceding many though. We've just had five 0-0 draws in our last 8 games, and have kept 12 clean sheets in 27 league games, whilst having conceded less goals than any other side in the league. But since the change in tactics etc, we've lost two in 17 and are now siting 8th, but only two points off third (promotion play-off place), and 5 off of second, currently occupied by Hannover who we just beat. 7 games to go, and we're in with a real shout of promotion, which is fairly impressive, considering we're not actually very good - it is essentially our good defence that has us where we are, as we're still the second lowest scorers in the league. Thoroughly enjoying it, though.

EDIT: As mentioned by others though, injuries are ridiculous. Had 4 key players ruled out for 6 weeks to 3 months, all in the space of 4 days just there.

Edited by Kris.

The staff only tell you to change the tactics to whatever preferred style of play they have. It's an awful, misleading, system.

Had a decent first season with Leeds so far, just past January and sit 15th. The squad is shite and theres no money at all compared to the other sides.

Shitfesting like f**k with a 3-4-1-2 tactic

So has it still got a fair bit about it then in terms of tactics, scouting etc?

More than enough to satisfy a fix, but sometimes it just isn't quite the same.

I like to get right in depth with my finances etc. Which you can't do on the mobile.

Signed Jai Quitongo for Hibs and he's been unstoppable so far at right wing. Started with a £200k budget which was all gone after signing Quitongo so I asked for more on the last day of the window and Mr Petrie chucked 800k my way :lol: Got Daryl Horgan signing from Dundalk on a free transfer, looks like he could be decent, he insisted on a £140k release clause though. p***k. 

Went Leeds and signed Jason Cummings for £1.6m as I was absolutely desperate for a striker who'll get regular goals. Cannot get him to score at all, had the same problem when I signed him in FM16.

Found this boy though, plays for Wurzburg in the German Second Division, who are usually relegated in the first season. He then becomes available for ~£150k and ~£4kp/w.

v2WgJrk.png

Could possibly be retrained into a stonking centre half

Went Leeds and signed Jason Cummings for £1.6m as I was absolutely desperate for a striker who'll get regular goals. Cannot get him to score at all, had the same problem when I signed him in FM16.

Found this boy though, plays for Wurzburg in the German Second Division, who are usually relegated in the first season. He then becomes available for ~£150k and ~£4kp/w.

v2WgJrk.png

Could possibly be retrained into a stonking centre half

Also signed Cummings for Leeds for £1 million. So far 25 goals in 30 games.

17 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Also signed Cummings for Leeds for £1 million. So far 25 goals in 30 games.

How?! Hes got 1 in about 6 games for me.

He's averaging four chances a game aswell, so its not as if hes starved of service, he's just shite. Missed two penalties and three 1v1s already

Edited by RandomGuy.

How?! Hes got 1 in about 6 games for me.

He's averaging four chances a game aswell, so its not as if hes starved of service, he's just shite. Missed two penalties and three 1v1s already

f**k knows, playing him as a target man and he's been banging them in. Antonsson scored 24 league goals for me in my first season in the same role.

7 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

f**k knows, playing him as a target man and he's been banging them in. Antonsson scored 24 league goals for me in my first season in the same role.

Jesus. Antonsson and Doukara were patchy as f**k for me, while Wood was good for three games, got injured, came back shite for a raft of games, then got good for three games...

Jesus. Antonsson and Doukara were patchy as f**k for me, while Wood was good for three games, got injured, came back shite for a raft of games, then got good for three games...

Wood was the same for me, i sold him in january in my second season to Brentford for £2 million.

Doukara was the first player I sold when i started the career. Useless big lump.