Scott Brown retires from International football

Romeo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said influence......he gradually eased into Eck's team around the time of the Faroes/Luthuania/ France/Ukraine wins, and as such was NOT a regular until.then.....his influence increased under Burley, and went south from there onwards.....

:lol:

All his fault of course

When his answer was to act like a hardon, instead of playing fucking football, aye. It is his fault. 

His first major act as a Scotland player was to diseffect Tymoschyuk, and got him subbed after twenty minutes....incorrectly filling him with the belief he was a fucking ticket. Next. 

I said influence......he gradually eased into Eck's team around the time of the Faroes/Luthuania/ France/Ukraine wins, and as such was NOT a regular until.then.....his influence increased under Burley, and went south from there onwards.....

So we'll shoot skywards now he's gone? Come on...

Don't be crazy. His career is finished, we can move on....but whoever takes his shirt isn't exactly going to have to worry about filling it. It's a pretty basic role he has, for a start...and perhaps, it may have escaped the attention, but we've never had the results we think we"re entitled to....most players are judged on how they go about trying to improve things, and their attitude in the shirt.....Brown's was fuckin terrible. 

Even if things do improve, it seems to me that Brown's legacy in bullshit would bring his successor under further scrutiny than just simply playing better. 

Don't be crazy. His career is finished, we can move on....but whoever takes his shirt isn't exactly going to have to worry about filling it. It's a pretty basic role he has, for a start...and perhaps, it may have escaped the attention, but we've never had the results we think we"re entitled to....most players are judged on how they go about trying to improve things, and their attitude in the shirt.....Brown's was fuckin terrible. 

Even if things do improve, it seems to me that Brown's legacy in bullshit would bring his successor under further scrutiny than just simply playing better. 

Brown had a questionable but - crucially - edgy mentality, was a decent player, chipped in with a few goals for us and generally did okay. By no means was he a great, but he was a decent servant in dark blue. I'd understand your anger if we had picked him for 10 years ahead of Souness, but we didn't. He was clearly the best pick (from a limited pool) since 2005.

Browns attitude and desire for Scotland's been the only think keeping him in the team and captain over the last year and a half

You can question a lot of things but his attitude? Not a fucking chance

Exactly. And that's where the other candidates have been lacking. Has there been another midfielder with his 'bite' in the last decade?

Exactly. And that's where the other candidates have been lacking. Has there been another midfielder with his 'bite' in the last decade?

Hartley and Ferguson maybe?

I think we will be a soft touch without him in there to be honest.

That's what I'm worried about - a Fletcher McArthur midfield sounds far too honest/naive

ETA Ferguson when he could be arsed and Hartley when he was on fire for a season or two were pretty effective - not quite as brazen as brown but in a similar, whingey and demanding mould.

Or, on the other hand, they may shut down better, or distribute the ball faster, negating the need to turn it into a brawl (which we usually lose)....three days before a squad is announced.....for real?

I agree the timing is poor, but remember the games we've gone without Brown before. Germany away IIRC. Far too honest and toothless and we practically waited on them to score first before we dared to try and take the ball off them let alone hit back.

Or, on the other hand, they may shut down better, or distribute the ball faster, negating the need to turn it into a brawl (which we usually lose)....three days before a squad is announced.....for real?

There's no way GS will have just found out today

This is great news for Scotland. McArthur is a far better player, him Fletcher and Morrison is a pretty decent looking central midfield 3.

Now we just need Strachan to retire and we might even get close to qualifying for something.

Results decreased? We had our best ever campaign in the last 15 year after his debut

Using terms like best ever campaign......then immediately needing to qualify that with such a short term shows how poor a player he is

45 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We're a soft touch just now. We've achieved the square root of f**k all with Brown - and a few others - in the side. At least I won't have to watch him kicking and grunting his way to a booking every match now with his shite pseudo hard-man act.

Archived