La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Looks like Real totally dominated the game and still only drew.  It’s very sad.

I don't know if you were watching it or just seen the stats, but Las Palmas were well worth their point and maybe a bit unlucky not to win. They played some really good football at times too.

Only two summer signings, one of whom has had only cameo appearances, yet Barca look a totally different team under Hansi Flick.  The change to the system also helping giving far more flexibility in the attack.

Maybe a little light on the bench at the moment but with De Jong, Araujo and Gavi still to return it’s a very strong squad.

Sadly looks like Bernal’s injury is quite serious.

Barca are my favourites for the title. They had a complete headsgone last season after winning the title, signing a bunch of players they didn’t need like Cancelo, Felix and Gundogan. They have a great young core but a lot of them are very injury prone (Araujo, Gavi, Pedri etc) which is what hampered them last season. Can’t rule out Madrid yet, they look ordinary but they did for large parts of last season and were scraping wins and ended up winning the lot so you never know.

Good win for Girona who now have two wins on the bounce after a tough start. Albeit in a more attritional fashion in contrast to their free flowing football of last season.

Was always destined to be a tough season with the loss of Savio, Couto, Aleix Garcia and Dovbyk but they have seriously splashed out on replacements. 

Gonna be another tough season for Sevilla I think, they look poor.

Seeing reports that Hansi Flick is considering Ansu Fati in the number 9 role to play if Lewandowski is injured/suspended/off form.

Obviously a very different type of striker compared to the Pole but if he can get back to his best an attacking four of Fati, Raphinha, Olmo and Yamal would be something to behold.

18 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cx2y6kdk4z0o

Peter Lim really is a disgusting scumbag.

He is

Do la liga not financially penalise teams who don't fill grounds on the basis that empty stands isn't a good look on TV?perhaps groups against this idea could utilise that

Valencia's attempts to justify this in the article are laughable& contemptible 

I'm just shocked football clubs haven't gone down the booking fee/venue levy thievery that the music industry indulges in

Edited by highlandmac

Did Hearts not do dynamic pricing for a small time?  

Sure a Hearts supporting ex mentioned this. 

Hopefully it is made illegal across the board. 

53 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Did Hearts not do dynamic pricing for a small time?  

Sure a Hearts supporting ex mentioned this. 

Hopefully it is made illegal across the board. 

Why am I not surprised

No danger it'll be banned,too many greedy c***s getting to be greedy for that