• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I was bothered.  I wanted a hammering and more pitch invasions.

Still, all things considered, I enjoyed it.

There were at least a procession of Hibs fans being lifted by the police and then paraded across the front of the Dunbar end for our entertainment

11 hours ago, Cream Cheese said:

Are we including diddy 5 a side scorelines from the Victorian era?

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/189308121.html

"First game with newly reformed Hibs at Easter Road before Capacity crowd. Biggest victory between the teams."

1893081201.jpg

A Celtic supporting referee too. Minter.

You also won't be including two Scottish Cups and a league title as part of Hibs' history either, then.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

"First game with newly reformed Hibs at Easter Road before Capacity crowd. Biggest victory between the teams."

1893081201.jpg

A Celtic supporting referee too. Minter.

You also won't be including two Scottish Cups and a league title as part of Hibs' history either, then.

I'm sorry, can you translate this for me? I can't read Ancient Egyptian.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

I remember it fondly, though only a young man at the time. The balmy summer of (18)93'. That weekend I used my shilling and sixpence to buy a half pound of Thompson's treacle (which we ate out the can with our fingers), 2 ounces of loose pipe tobacco and a trip to the local kinescope. Whatever change I had left was usually spent at the whorehouse, but on that particular day I ventured to Easter Road. Instead of pumping a worn out prostitute, I would witness the pumping of Hibernians at the hands of the glorious Heart of Mid-Lothian. 

I could scarcely hold on to my flat cap as Baird and Walker completed their hat-tricks and put the final licks on a thorough rout of Leith's 'finest'.The sorry Hibs fans started to stream out to the jam tarts chorus of 'see you later junkie scum' followed by 'three cheers for good queen Vicky'. Rumour had it that at half time that the local constabulary had requested that Hearts change to a more defensive styled 1-3-6 formation and to keep the scoring under 12 goals to avoid crowd complications.

On 21 August 2016 at 22:22, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Whats that got to do with it? :lol:

They never done what the police asked them, it says so in the article. 

Point is the Police asking a team not to score any more goals nugget, not the fact they didn't listen to them. As it turned out you'd be forgiven for thinking that Hearts did.

16 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Point is the Police asking a team not to score any more goals nugget, not the fact they didn't listen to them. As it turned out you'd be forgiven for thinking that Hearts did.

Im not bothered either way, the game was before I was born.

21 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Surely we're allowed to wallow in nostalgia whether they're bothered or not

Of course.

The main thing message that's coming across loud and clear, though, is that...

they're no' even bothered.

The fact that the polis had to go in the dressing room and tell the team not to score any more goals isn't  remotely embarrassing.

13 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Of course.

The main thing message that's coming across loud and clear, though, is that...

they're no' even bothered.

The fact that the polis had to go in the dressing room and tell the team not to score any more goals isn't  remotely embarrassing.

The fact you absolutely bottled a 2-0 lead that contributed to the greatest day in our history isn't remotely embarrassing, and doesn't remotely bother any of you at all.

Am I doing this right? I think so.

greggy.png

Archived