Flaw in West Region website league tables

glensmad

5 hours ago, Shannon said:

Anyone else find it a pain in the arse to copy tables and fixtures from West Region website since the change now? Any tips on doing this more easily? Really annoying for updating website and programmes etc

I don't usually copy and paste from SJFA site but I gave it a try and Copied and Pasted successfully into Wordpad and changed the Fonts etc!.  Wordpad is one level up from Notepad ( the most basic Text Editor which strips all formatting away).  You can find Wordpad built into Windows.  Go to All Programs / Accessories / Wordpad. It is a fairly basic WordProcessing program from the good old days.  It is compatible with Excel.  

PS.  I have now tried Pasting direct into Excel and it all goes into one column.

PPS. Perversely I Copied the Super Premier Table and pasted it into WORDPAD and change the Font from Calibri to Arial then COPIED again and PASTED into Excel and it came up as a table in the Correct Columns and Rows.  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yellowcard said:

Ha ha you defo need a hobby , to much time on your hands ,

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Lol, I just have an eye for detail. ;-)

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Good for you. You confirmed long ago what everyone else thinks of you and all your other names. ;-)

1 hour ago, yellowcard said:

Glensmad you have just confirmed what I thought all along about u

Beavis and butthead return ;) 

Glensmad, as I have said on numerous occasions, I love your enthusiasm but you're going too far here.

To say the tables are "wrong" if not listed alphabetically is not true. They would be wrong if the points totals or some other variable is incorrectly stated. Ex-German Exile is spot on when he says that the new site is a bag o' washin' but I don't think I would notice or care about this issue even if it was uber user friendly.

15 hours ago, glensmad said:

Sorry, but it's nonsense to say that league placings are never (in unnecessary capitals or not) decided alphabetically. When teams have been level on points, goal difference and goals scored, then alphabetically has been the deciding factor for as long as I can remember.

Unless you are in Spain ;)

How can you work if out on head to head " here " if teams have only played one league game :huh: 

Exactly, so it's not really clear how they have worked it out for the West Region website, it just seems random. Anyway, it probably won't be an issue after Saturday.

33 minutes ago, cotter said:

Honestley peter u must be scratching your baws thinking wit pish can a put up now..we have this n pies brutal...

Lol, yet you're interested enough to read it and reply.

You work it out. :thumsup2

18 minutes ago, cotter said:

I never  read one post apart from from opening post n the amount of comments shows u that the forum is full of nutcases

It was these "nutcases" which you were appealing to for cash4kids last week. 

Be nice in future.

Just now, cotter said:

Haha stop being misrable ..money not going to me.   Its going to poor kids all over scotland.. if u donate a will retract my statement about u being a nutcase ..am sure u could raise a few bob

Post a link to the page again. It will give the thread purpose that way.

Archived