Flaw in West Region website league tables

glensmad

I notice the new layout of the West Region website appears to have a flaw in the league tables.

Where teams are level on points, goal difference and goals scored, everybody knows that the league placings are decided alphabetically. However, in the Super Premier League they have Kilwinning above Cumnock, despite them both losing 0-2. In Super League Division One, they have Yoker and Shettleston above Irvine Vics and Kilsyth, who all drew their opening games 2-2. In Central Division One, they have Rossvale above Cambuslang Rangers, despite them both winning 3-2, and similarly Lesmahagow above Bellshill despite them both losing 2-3. In the Central Division Two, they have Vale of Leven above Dunipace, and East Kilbride above Ashfield.

I know this will not be a big issue as the season goes on because it's unlikely teams will be exactly equal very regularly, but it is strange. During the Sectional League Cup, they had Rutherglen Glencairn above Cambuslang going into the final games despite our records being exactly equal.

Perhaps some tweaking of the software is required, but it's best to note that the league tables are all incorrect, apart from the Ayrshire District League which doesn't have any teams equal.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I notice the new layout of the West Region website appears to have a flaw in the league tables.

Where teams are level on points, goal difference and goals scored, everybody knows that the league placings are decided alphabetically. However, in the Super Premier League they have Kilwinning above Cumnock, despite them both losing 0-2. In Super League Division One, they have Yoker and Shettleston above Irvine Vics and Kilsyth, who all drew their opening games 2-2. In Central Division One, they have Rossvale above Cambuslang Rangers, despite them both winning 3-2, and similarly Lesmahagow above Bellshill despite them both losing 2-3. In the Central Division Two, they have Vale of Leven above Dunipace, and East Kilbride above Ashfield.

I know this will not be a big issue as the season goes on because it's unlikely teams will be exactly equal very regularly, but it is strange. During the Sectional League Cup, they had Rutherglen Glencairn above Cambuslang going into the final games despite our records being exactly equal.

Perhaps some tweaking of the software is required, but it's best to note that the league tables are all incorrect, apart from the Ayrshire District League which doesn't have any teams equal.

Don't worry,they don't have you relegated yet[emoji3]

League placings are NEVER decided alphabetically. Equal teams may be listed alphabetically, but that's just semantics.

Sorry, but it's nonsense to say that league placings are never (in unnecessary capitals or not) decided alphabetically. When teams have been level on points, goal difference and goals scored, then alphabetically has been the deciding factor for as long as I can remember. It does not decide who wins the league, of course, but mid-season it has been the way it has always decided for every league table I've seen.

Anyone else find it a pain in the arse to copy tables and fixtures from West Region website since the change now? Any tips on doing this more easily? Really annoying for updating website and programmes etc

Anyone else find it a pain in the arse to copy tables and fixtures from West Region website since the change now? Any tips on doing this more easily? Really annoying for updating website and programmes etc

Nope, doesn't matter what browser I try and use to copy and paste, the formatting turns to shit as soon as I try and paste it into word. (Tried Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome)

Nope, doesn't matter what browser I try and use to copy and paste, the formatting turns to shit as soon as I try and paste it into word. (Tried Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome)

Screenshot not an easier way?

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Sorry, but it's nonsense to say that league placings are never (in unnecessary capitals or not) decided alphabetically. When teams have been level on points, goal difference and goals scored, then alphabetically has been the deciding factor for as long as I can remember. It does not decide who wins the league, of course, but mid-season it has been the way it has always decided for every league table I've seen.

Who cares .lol. 

Different if leagues are decided by the beaks in the way they show the tables but if it comes to the last day of the season and to title / relegation crunch then teams will know exactly where they stand.

Who cares .lol. 

Different if leagues are decided by the beaks in the way they show the tables but if it comes to the last day of the season and to title / relegation crunch then teams will know exactly where they stand.

Yeh I know, it's not really a big issue, but it's a flaw in the new website system that means the league tables that people copy and paste are not correct.

So now you've seen it another way. Does it really detract from your understanding of the tables?

There is so much wrong with the sjfa website update that stop fans accessing info they need that random ordering of teams in the table after one game is the least of its problems.

So now you've seen it another way. Does it really detract from your understanding of the tables?

There is so much wrong with the sjfa website update that stop fans accessing info they need that random ordering of teams in the table after one game is the least of its problems.

I wouldn't disagree with that, to be fair. The website was fine as it was, but it's now much slower to use and its layout is like a dog's dinner.

Archived