Teacher meltdowns

Stellaboz

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

A former P&B poster was getting a ribbing from me and a few other Pars fans in class over his team's (Cowden) pishy performances. He was just about taking the abuse well from us Townies. The teacher, a Celtic fan, decided to join in the banter and was promptly told to "f*** off ya f****** f***** t***" by the angry young Cowden fan. Teacher went purple, the Cowden fan was promptly packed off to "guidance" to get some sort of report/bad behaviour card. 

Who was the former P&B poster Shandon?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Who was the former P&B poster Shandon?

I don't remember his username (will try and get that out of him) he used to tell me to use p&b and by the time I signed up he had retired from p&b. Him and his old man are still semi regulars and his foghorn voice and gentle turn of phrase are quite recognisable. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I don't remember his username (will try and get that out of him) he used to tell me to use p&b and by the time I signed up he had retired from p&b. Him and his old man are still semi regulars and his foghorn voice and gentle turn of phrase are quite recognisable. 

Think I know who you mean. Only Cowden Fan here was his name,

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Think I know who you mean. Only Cowden Fan here was his name,

I suppose a loud, angry bloke isn't much use when trying to narrow down particular Cowden fans. That rings a bell though - think he must've stopped posting in about 2010 or so. I've heard he's being a traitor to Cowden and frequently watching Ayrshire junior games now. 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

I suppose a loud, angry bloke isn't much use when trying to narrow down particular Cowden fans. That rings a bell though - think he must've stopped posting in about 2010 or so. I've heard he's being a traitor to Cowden and frequently watching Ayrshire junior games now. 

Did he come from Livingston way?

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Did he come from Livingston way?

Nah - grew up in Dunfermline now lives in South Lanarkshire (probably only 20 miles from Livi). We both went to St Andrews uni but he was swiftly punted out (and ended up in Glasgow for a few years).

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Nah - grew up in Dunfermline now lives in South Lanarkshire (probably only 20 miles from Livi). We both went to St Andrews uni but he was swiftly punted out (and ended up in Glasgow for a few years).

It was a different guy I was thinking off. However I do know a Cowden fan who lives in South Lanarkshire.

He seems to have a history for this. A mate of mine that played for the school team once told me Thompson absolutely eviscerated one of the older lads that was meant to be playing for Scotland for having his pass intercepted by a first year in a training session. Called him a disgrace and everything.

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about smashing a basketball of all things off of his coup from point blank range.

Never saw that simple pass coming, eh?

On 01/09/2016 at 13:53, Shandon Par said:

I had one of his tantrums directed at me. I found it quite creepy and bullying. It was a dressing down for being soft for not taking PE once (I was recovering from a dislocated kneecap and the phsio had asked me not to start back doing weights etc yet). At the time I was playing rugby for Dunfermline and doing mountain bike races (basically getting battered for fun) and here was some p***k who had probably never been muddy in his life telling me I was soft. Wish I'd nutted him. 

That's bizarre because Thompson had to stop playing rugby because he broke his back... you'd think he would have more sympathy.

I thought he was great though, he used to go through the register and call people the wrong name intentionally, he called a boy Wesley in my class 'Snipsey' after Wesley Snipes and for reasons unbeknownst to anyone called a boy named Ross, 'Ralph'. It was absolutely fucking hilarious and he was unwavering for the whole year.

On 31/08/2016 at 17:52, The Saintee said:

Who did you get for maths?

Mr Duncan who always talked to himself?

A strange lad him though sound enough.

Used to perch himself menacingly on the desks and jangle change in his pockets when you were trying to work.

Abiding memory of Slam is when he wandered up to me and a pal in class one day and came out with the question "Who do you think would win in a fight between Kurt Cobain and Axl Rose?"

An interesting thought but surely not relevant to the lesson.

1 hour ago, Derek Patterson said:

A strange lad him though sound enough.

Used to perch himself menacingly on the desks and jangle change in his pockets when you were trying to work.

Abiding memory of Slam is when he wandered up to me and a pal in class one day and came out with the question "Who do you think would win in a fight between Kurt Cobain and Axl Rose?"

An interesting thought but surely not relevant to the lesson.

Axl Rose

18 hours ago, Barn said:

That's bizarre because Thompson had to stop playing rugby because he broke his back... you'd think he would have more sympathy.

I thought he was great though, he used to go through the register and call people the wrong name intentionally, he called a boy Wesley in my class 'Snipsey' after Wesley Snipes and for reasons unbeknownst to anyone called a boy named Ross, 'Ralph'. It was absolutely fucking hilarious and he was unwavering for the whole year.

Aye Thompson was definitely one for the nicknames. He called one of my friends 'Cage' because his first name was Nick. There were other names he came up with but I can't recall any. Fortunately he never gave me a nickname.

My son had this total arsehole teacher, he was an Arab and hated the fact my son was a Dee, the teacher had an absolute meltdown one day, citing the fact that Utd had won the league at Dens and that the "dirty Derry" only managed to relegate us at Dens by virtue of cheating.
Not sure if the teachers name, but the pupils called him Stumigoo- needless to say, my son got a complete toeing from me that evening. Tinky Dee b*****d.

Sent from a dark, dank hellhole.

Had Inglis at QA as well, the class used to break into a chorus of "Inglis!, Ooh. Aah. What is she good for? Absolutely nothing!" Every so often. 

Also, one lunch time a few folk had been down to Mcdonalds and brought back lots of straws. As it was end of term she let us watch Austin Powers, which was pretty sound to be fair to her.... But the class proceded to tear up the paper from the straws and fire them at the T.V.

Every now and then you'd see a bit on the T.V. When there was a close up of a face etc but when she turned the T.V. Off it was almost completely covered in wee manky spit balls. 

After going mental and shouting with a tone only dogs could hear, she gave us a bit of paper and asked us to write the name of who done it or brought the straws up. So the next lesson when she looked at all the bits of paper and found her name on every single one of them she stormed out to get the head of the department and never taught us for the rest of the year...

On 9/1/2016 at 17:02, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Were you in my year? Born 71 / 72?

On 9/1/2016 at 17:52, tongue_tied_danny said:

Nah, I was born in 1975.

On 9/1/2016 at 17:54, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Who was Rose Queen from your year?

On 9/1/2016 at 18:21, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Gotcha, yes you are a few years younger than me.

Good of you to take the time to confirm he is a few years younger than you by clear evidence other than simply the fact his DOB was 3 or 4 years after yours.

Archived