Teacher meltdowns

Stellaboz

1 minute ago, StandFree03 said:

Alleged wife beater too? If I am thinking of the same one.

Did his surname begin with a H? If so he offered me and my pal a square go in 4th year. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also since you've mentioned Pilmuir Street I have to mention the tyre incident in which a huge tractor tyre came off of the back of a trailer on which it was being transported and went flying/bouncing down the road and took some poor person out (I think they got a concussion)

Am I correct in thinking that the girl in question ran down the hill, ie. being chased by a giant tyre, rather than simply step to the side to safety?

18 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Alleged wife beater too? If I am thinking of the same one.

Must be.

Some place Perth High.

There was also a sexual assault in one of the staircases.

Who did you get for maths?

Mr Duncan who always talked to himself?

5 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

How can I not remember a Mr Hunter? 

Can't really remember any teacher meltdowns at Crieff High when I was there. Most of the teachers were idiots who clearly should never had been teachers as they just couldn't relate to children at all.

He wasn't there long, a few months at most. 

Yeah, pretty much! Mr Deeley, Blacklaws and Johnstone were probably the worst. Deeley got suspended for slamming a door at a lad, but that's about all I can remember from my time there. 

Mr Cairns taught me Std grade English, but was struck off a couple of years later for basically doing a pupil's coursework for them. Decent enough guy, but he was hopeless under any kind of stress/pressure. 

42 minutes ago, Davz93 said:

He wasn't there long, a few months at most. 

Yeah, pretty much! Mr Deeley, Blacklaws and Johnstone were probably the worst. Deeley got suspended for slamming a door at a lad, but that's about all I can remember from my time there. 

Mr Cairns taught me Std grade English, but was struck off a couple of years later for basically doing a pupil's coursework for them. Decent enough guy, but he was hopeless under any kind of stress/pressure. 

Deeley was excellent. We locked him out of the class once by putting the TV in front of the door. Someone also spat in his bottle of water which we had suspions was vodka. Also rumoured he was shagging Mrs Ross. Blacklaws called me a waste of space in class once, he was an arsehole. Pretty sure he got suspended actually for hitting my next door neighbour with a ruler. I never had Victor Johnstone but had Mrs Forbes for English. She was a fucking nutter come to think of it. 

Was it Mr Trim that was the history teacher? Remember someone in my year throwing a chocolate muffin at him.

26 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Deeley was excellent. We locked him out of the class once by putting the TV in front of the door. Someone also spat in his bottle of water which we had suspions was vodka. Also rumoured he was shagging Mrs Ross. Blacklaws called me a waste of space in class once, he was an arsehole. Pretty sure he got suspended actually for hitting my next door neighbour with a ruler. I never had Victor Johnstone but had Mrs Forbes for English. She was a fucking nutter come to think of it. 

Was it Mr Trim that was the history teacher? Remember someone in my year throwing a chocolate muffin at him.

Superb! He was so easy to wind up. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was vodka in the bottle. He was a bit of a loose cannon. Blacklaws was one of the kind that if you were good at something, in this case PE, and more specifically, running, he had time for you, but if you weren't good at it, he didn't want to know you. I had Mrs Forbes in 2nd year, she was off for  more than 6 months with stress. She had a right whiney voice that got on my nut too. 

Yeah, Mr Trim was history, decent guy, used to act out stuff in class which was amusing. The other history teacher at the time was sound as well. "Diego" Faunce-Smith, so called because he was the leading goal scorer in the Teachers vs Pupils football games. 

9 hours ago, Marr1 said:

When I was in S1 the Head of the Games (PE) Department had a relationship with a S6, he then shattered the bone in his foot when a light fitting to the squash courts fell on him and couldn't teach again.

AFAIA He's still with the girl, I saw photos on Facebook last Christmas (which was when I was in S6) of them together at her families' pre-Christmas dinner

This was a case of him going after 16 year olds, when he was in his 50s. There was an anonymous letter sent to the head teacher, who approached students about it, and a few confirmed they'd been "approached". He got suspended and never told his wife. The next morning he told her he was going to work, but instead drove to the Forth Road Bridge and chucked himself off.

It was pretty shocking tbh.

Also substitute teachers were the best, we had a French teacher subbed in who eventually got the post permanently, before randomly disappearing after a few months. My mum worked at the hospital and told me she had some stress related disease and was signed off work.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I quite liked Ms Duncan. I remember all the basic French and German stuff she taught. Definitely no sense of humour but good at getting stuff drilled into my head (I never understood any maths or science stuff).

I remember Mr Bonnar but not the head teacher (wee angry guy with salt and pepper hair and beard). He ran over a boy in my year one lunchtime. No massive damage done but I remember the blood from his head wound running down Pilmuir St. 

Was that spandy Andy? Michael Anderson I think?

Im guessing I must've been in the year below you. Can you remember the fights between Oakley and the toon?

Talking of pilmuir street a granny once jumped off broom head flats. There was bits all over the harling. Environmental health came up with a big hose thing at lunchtime. Not pleasant.

Other highlights included several folk getting expelled or suspended for dealing/taking acid.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Was that spandy Andy? Michael Anderson I think?

Im guessing I must've been in the year below you. Can you remember the fights between Oakley and the toon?

Talking of pilmuir street a granny once jumped off broom head flats. There was bits all over the harling. Environmental health came up with a big hose thing at lunchtime. Not pleasant.

Other highlights included several folk getting expelled or suspended for dealing/taking acid.

That rings a bell. Cowden Legend Craig Toorie Winter was one of the drug/gang warfare crowd if I remember right. Have a bit of canine tooth missing thanks to one of the Oakley boys but we became good pals after a few tear-ups. 

33 minutes ago, Davz93 said:

Superb! He was so easy to wind up. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was vodka in the bottle. He was a bit of a loose cannon. Blacklaws was one of the kind that if you were good at something, in this case PE, and more specifically, running, he had time for you, but if you weren't good at it, he didn't want to know you. I had Mrs Forbes in 2nd year, she was off for  more than 6 months with stress. She had a right whiney voice that got on my nut too. 

Yeah, Mr Trim was history, decent guy, used to act out stuff in class which was amusing. The other history teacher at the time was sound as well. "Diego" Faunce-Smith, so called because he was the leading goal scorer in the Teachers vs Pupils football games. 

Blacklaws liked me until I couldn't be arsed with P.E anymore. Think I had Mrs Birrell for history. Did you ever have Mr Mayne for Maths? He was a dick. His song was "these chicks don't even know how to spell my name, it's MAYNE, it's Mr Mayne." McFarlane was defo 100% suspicious...

14 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Blacklaws liked me until I couldn't be arsed with P.E anymore. Think I had Mrs Birrell for history. Did you ever have Mr Mayne for Maths? He was a dick. His song was "these chicks don't even know how to spell my name, it's MAYNE, it's Mr Mayne." McFarlane was defo 100% suspicious...

Mrs Birrell was my guidance teacher for a year, always liked her. Yes! Haha I had Mr Mayne in 3rd and 4th year, cause I was rotten at maths. I was in the bottom class with all the dafties who couldn't give a shit. He knew the majority of the class didn't want to be there, so most of the time we spent playing "Tanks" on the big whiteboard projector. He was a big Liverpool fan, it was quite interesting hearing his stories about them. The song was utter cringe though! Agree about McFarlane. He just used to ghost about and 'appear' places. Definitely something no right there. 

2 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

The very one. An utter p***k. If you are still in Perth you will probably have seen his horrible daughter hanging about south street with the other scumbags.

Yeah he was, our registration room was just along from him, our registration teacher sent me and my pal to him after we were caught talking over her about the football or something, he then decided in front of his first year class to act the hard man and went right up to my face and started screaming, took a step back when me and my pal stood up and told him to try it. 

I got marched down to the year head with my pal at my side, he tried to spin a story of how we had reduced our registration teacher to tears and had disrupted his class, it was pretty much called out as bullshit straight away considering everyone in the class got asked and said the truth. 

I took great pleasure in chapping his door and running at every opportunity from that day on. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This was a case of him going after 16 year olds, when he was in his 50s. There was an anonymous letter sent to the head teacher, who approached students about it, and a few confirmed they'd been "approached". He got suspended and never told his wife. The next morning he told her he was going to work, but instead drove to the Forth Road Bridge and chucked himself off.

It was pretty shocking tbh.

Also substitute teachers were the best, we had a French teacher subbed in who eventually got the post permanently, before randomly disappearing after a few months. My mum worked at the hospital and told me she had some stress related disease and was signed off work.

That suddenly got really depressing halfway through

Don't suppose anyone  else on here  went to inverurie academy.

We had stinky stables, maths teacher caught with prostitutes in his motor.

Art teacher fairy Findlay, 

English teacher mr Cockburn, it was years after he was having a gay relationship with one of the janitors, 

Mithter roberthon nicknamed lispy, the maths teacher who got a hiding from his son and was so small when he belted folk he jump off steps.

Technical had , gt  Fraser  . And the wonderfully named spook , 

Oh a teaching assistant Mrs bates,who we would  never tire of asking about her son , master bates.

7 hours ago, Aidan said:

I'm guessing it's the same Pandrich who became deputy head at Montrose. He took a year out due to stress after storming out of my English class, he was a total dick.

I don't recognise the name, probably well after my time.

Aside from the aforementioned Rambo Smith, the most fucked up teacher at Mo Academy had to be Mr Philips, who taught typing and secretarial studies. He was fucking insane. He couldn't display the same sort of controlled aggression as Pud Lakie or Joe Crow, he was just seriously fucking weird.

Archived