• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will forever remember that goal he scored that sunny day at Parkhead almost as if in slow motion. His run to the box and the way he side footed the ball into the net for 2-0. The roar knowing that it was in the bag and that we had done it. Don't care if he had a mixed time of things at the club, the man will always be remembered for that. Not to forget however, the absolute screamer in the first half from Larsson, curling the ball from the 18 yard box into the Saints net. I remember the guy next to me in the upper North east corner kissing me on the forehead for that goal and getting the 2 bottles of champagne and plastic cups out of his pockets towards the end of the match, popping the cork and pouring us all a glass of the good stuff. Was an excellent day. Even remember the Celtic fans on motorway overpasses hanging flags and celebrating with fans in the way home. Best bit I remember was getting back home and dropping my mate off in Bannockburn just as a dejected bus full of Rangers fans returned from Dundee. I have never seen faces as sad as those faces ever in football. A good, good day.

Good day. Pure relief.

On 9/1/2016 at 19:30, Jimboyjones1976 said:

I will forever remember that goal he scored that sunny day at Parkhead almost as if in slow motion. His run to the box and the way he side footed the ball into the net for 2-0. The roar knowing that it was in the bag and that we had done it. Don't care if he had a mixed time of things at the club, the man will always be remembered for that. Not to forget however, the absolute screamer in the first half from Larsson, curling the ball from the 18 yard box into the Saints net. I remember the guy next to me in the upper North east corner kissing me on the forehead for that goal and getting the 2 bottles of champagne and plastic cups out of his pockets towards the end of the match, popping the cork and pouring us all a glass of the good stuff. Was an excellent day. Even remember the Celtic fans on motorway overpasses hanging flags and celebrating with fans in the way home. Best bit I remember was getting back home and dropping my mate off in Bannockburn just as a dejected bus full of Rangers fans returned from Dundee. I have never seen faces as sad as those faces ever in football. A good, good day.

^^^Magee.

Rangers fans always bang on about someone called Bobby Sands.

I assume by the constant referencing to him in their 'football songs' he must have been a particularly good Celtic player?

Archived