Pick'em 2016 Prediction League

Reluctant Hero

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome week lads!  Average score this week in our league was 7.72 with a lot of people getting 9 correct.  But out in the lead with 10 this week were Mo Wonderboy and Mon the South.  Congrats guys!

If we count people that have played every week, our league average total score is 22.2 against a league average of 19.  So it shows we know our stuff :) !!  Our league is currently ranked 1,809.  I’m sure that is good lol, but let’s aim for top 1,500!

Welcome to our newest recruit Philadelphia Seagulls.  Hope you enjoy the game.

Remember to get your picks in for Thursday.  The first game on Sunday is also early, since it is taking place somewhere outside the US :P

Strichener is currently setting the pace at the top of the leaderboard.  Congrats mate, but don’t look over your shoulder as more than half the board are within touching distance!

Have another great week.

11 minutes ago, Reluctant Hero said:

Strichener is currently setting the pace at the top of the leaderboard.  Congrats mate, but don’t look over your shoulder as more than half the board are within touching distance!

It in aberration and I am sure I will be back where I usually am - near the bottom.

It has been a Super week in Pie & Bovril Pick’em!

Super Caley is top of the league with an impressive 37 points.  They are ranked 3,352 in the entire world!!  Keep it up mate!

SuperA got the score of the week with 10.  Particularly impressive when you consider there were some teams on a bye week.

Unfortunately, our league has slipped slightly in the rankings, down to 1,858.  But I am sure that is just a temporary blip :)

That rounds off a super week, but remember the super Broncos kick off Week 6 on Thursday night, so get your picks in!

Week 6 will be referred to evermore as “The Marmite Week”!  You either loved it or hated it.

For those that loved it, there were some great scores.  These included the top score of 11 from our new leader SuperA.  SuperA is now 2,251 in the entire world!  Nice going!

For those that hated it (including myuself), we plummeted down the leader board and are just glad we are onto a new week.

Week 7 begins with a tasty clash between the Bears and the Packers.  Remember there is another London game this week, so the first Sunday game kicks off in the afternoon.

Our league has maintained its position at 1,858.  When we climb to No.1 spot, this picture shows what we will be like to the rest of ESPN!

Ditka.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2016 at 12:55, strichener said:

I fuckin hate marmite!

:thumsup2

Pretty decent week all round.

Top score this week was 10 from Philadelphia Seagulls and yours truly!

SuperA though is the model of consistency with solid weeks, week in, week out and remains at the top of the leaderboard.

Our league has jumped a massive 1,254 places in the rankings and is now placed 604th in the world :)

Week 8 kicks off tonight with the Jags at the Titans.  There is another London game this week and remember the early evening games will kick off at 5PM (I think!)

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty good week for most people last week, with a lot of high scores, which almost makes up for the disappointment of the Broncos losing to the Raiders!

Highest of the lot were Scotty Boy 2, Jute1980 and Philadelphia Seagulls who all scored 10.

Scotty Boy’s 10 was hot on the heels of an amazing 11 last week.  He is now only 1 behind our leader, SuperA.

We are now more than half way through the regular season (already!) and the run in looks as if it could be as exciting as it has been in recent years.

Our league continues to climb the rankings and is now up to 558.

Up first this week is the new Cleveland Browns against the old Cleveland Browns.  It is bound to be a classic!!

Last week was a pretty tough one with some low scores posted throughout the league.

No such problems for Eoin, who got an unbelievable 11.  Nice going!  Just behind him was Jute who got 10 for the second week running.  But the consistency award goes to the Steelmen, who got 7 for the sixth week in a row!  (have I just jinxed it lol)

Super A still leads the way, but only 3 points separate the top 3.

We have maintained our place in the rankings, slipping just the one place to 559.

Don’t have the weekly dilemma of whether to pick Denver’s opposition as the Broncos are on a bye.  Hopefully the Brockweiler can do his old team a favour and stuff the Raiders!  Bring on Week 11 :)

Another week in the books and SuperA are maintaining their lead at the top of the league.  As the weeks go by, I’m sure SuperA will agree, you begin to agonise over every selection.  Especially as only 3 points cover the top 4.  Do you start to play it safe and go with the majority, or do you trust your instincts!

BWalsh has been busy since being cut by the Vikings.  Not only did he put a curse on all kickers in the NFL so about a million extra points were missed this week, he has also put in the best score in the Pie & Bovril prediction league of 10.  Congrats mate!

4 other people, including Eoin, GingerSaint and Jagfox scored a pretty healthy 9.

But the big question is, after 6 weeks in a row of scoring 7, what did the Steelmen score this week?  Well, I am surprised you asked!  7 of course!  7 weeks of the same score must be some kind of record (unless it is zero of course)!

Anyway, get the turkey and more importantly loads of beer in and enjoy the 3 games on Thursday night.  First one kicks off at 5.30 our time.

Archived