Beith v Talbot Part 2

Blackie Gold

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Can't anyone from talbot land discuss football without petty jibes? 

Very high strung and personal lot :huh::) 

They come across as very bitter all because a wee bit of coal was shelved to the history bin. They do live in a pile of rubble in the middle of nowhere, and all they have is the brew office  and there football team. So maybe we should cut them some slack

Very high strung and personal lot :huh:[emoji4] 

You are totally deluded your the 1 that has just stated our player was not injuryed just doing it so Whitey wouldnt get sent off so dont talk to me about petty jibes so cant even watch a game and get it right

I thought the crowd today ws disappointing. I'd been bumming it up to friends over the last couple of weeks, saying there'd probably be 1,500 plus there today. That there wasn't shows our game is probably stagnating big time - note, by "our" I mean the Junior game in general rather than Talbot.

How a club who have just won the Junior Cup for the first time in their history, playing the most successful club at their grade, in the premier Cup competition in Scotland and scoring goals for fun - until they come up against a more resilient team like the Talbot - can not turn out in force for such a game is totally beyond me. It's only your second attempt at the competition and yet you end up with a poor turnout, supplemented by a Buckie fuelled brigade - clearly drinking inside the ground - who showed their collective IQ to be on the negative side by chanting about Thatcher ffs. That's not even funny, ironic, or whatever.....it's pathetic.

We were lucky to get a late replay today, I don't doubt that, but am seriously hoping that such fuckwittery doesn't abound at Beechwood next week.

BTW, whoever goes through to the 1st round proper I'll still be rooting for them.

Very high strung and personal lot :huh:[emoji4] 

Why discuss it with a poster who uses different guises?

We were all at the game so you came on here vent pish then you want a discussion ? [emoji23] aye OK shanner

10 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Certainly so , did you attend today's game shanner ? Interested in hearing a neutrals viewpoint . 

Yes thought it was even Stevens over the piece and a very meaty game. The team shooting "downhill" had the better of that half. Talbot could have had control if Miliken scored that excellent one on one chance and then Talbot added the second but they really slipped up by not holding out to half time. 

Second half Beith were superior and Talbot really didn't trouble you up until the goal. So as not to be a fence sitter I'd say Beith would have won on points but with home advantage and so on that might be their best chance of winning the tie gone. The atmosphere at Beith with a decent crowd like that is very good. 

Good result today for Talbot. Difficult place to go, showed a lot of resilience after going a goal down.

Like most Talbot fans I'd have taken a draw before the game.

Telling you now Murphy that felt like a win at the end. Beith are gutted they failed to win when they had their chance. Confident for next week.

Just read all the posts fk me that 20 minutes wasted, thought there was a big game today yet most posts about shit ?
Beith along with ourselves and a few other teams attract the odd bampot when a big match is being played so I think it's harsh to label all the fans as scum
As for away support numbers I would have expected talbot to take 250/300 to the match, got to say fancy beith have had their chance and talbot being talbot will get through a tight replay

Would stay off the slagging the size of each others crowd, junior games are notoriously hard to predict, the games you expect a great turn out can disappoint but on the other hand you get a bigger crowd when unexpected. Remember Beith guys comments about really low turn out for the first game after winning their Scottish semi final, its a funny old game at times.

6 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Would stay off the slagging the size of each others crowd, junior games are notoriously hard to predict, the games you expect a great turn out can disappoint but on the other hand you get a bigger crowd when unexpected. Remember Beith guys comments about really low turn out for the first game after winning their Scottish semi final, its a funny old game at times.

Got to agree, you have your regular hard core but the occasional punters are very hard to predict no matter how big or small the game.There is the added distraction of the Old Firm game next week which I'm sure will influence the turn out at Talbotland.

16 hours ago, kenny131 said:

I bet you never said that to anyone's face,   now take your fat jobless coal dodging signing on asse back to that shitehole you call a home. 

There's only 1 Maggie thatcher 

You my friend are a deluded bellend 

Archived