Brechin City v Dunfermline Athletic

Salvo Montalbano

Since there isn't a thread for this (apathy rules, o... whatever) I thought I'd start one on the off chance anyone is heading along to Glebe Park for this. It was one of my favourite away days when we were in League One but even that can't tempt me. I say that now but I may well be in the pie queue come 2.55 tomorrow. 

Anyone going? How will both teams line up? Will Clark and Herron make their debuts?

I think we need to get back to winning ways, and should go full strength. (Excepting injuries and suspensions of course). 4-3-3 (Reilly playing in the hole in a Messi type link role). Defenders staying back (no BRE getting posted missing), Geggan coming up for aerial threat a set pieces.

Hutton

Williamson, Fordyce, Ashcroft, Martin

Cardle, Geggan, Higginbotham

Reilly

Moffat, Clark

Subs (used): Wedderburn (for Geggan), Trialist/El Alagui (Moffat), Herron (Reilly).

Pars to win 5-0. Brace for Clark on debut, Higginbotham to score goal of the game with an 82nd minute volley. Geggan header from corner. And a rare Moffat strike which he deflects in with his arse.

I don't think trialists are allowed in this round @Black and White Tragic, it was only the first round in previous seasons and I'm sure I read that they weren't allowed at all this year. I'm swithering whether to go now as Mrs Montalbano is at work today and despite my objections to the Colts etc it's still a game on an otherwise blank Saturday. 

Dunfermline were just too good for city today and good luck to them this season, good supporters that are always welcome at the Glebe 

I love going to Glebe Park, stood next to main stand next to a man whose daughter was working in board room/hospitality and a fine gent he was too
Special mention to officials who held the game up for 10 minutes because I had to stop at Forfar for a pee.[emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Archived