Ayr United v Greenock Morton

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Correct never heard such crap.

Duffy has done a decent job for Morton so far and yes not unexpectantly things are now not going as well as the fans would like but you really have to have patience and be careful what you wish for or it could become free fall for you guys if you change manager too soon with no transfer window.

We're already in freefall. The only way to stop the freefall is to change the manager. The fact we're months away from a transfer window makes it an even better idea to sack Duffy now, not a worse one.

He clearly isn't capable of getting better than relegation form from this squad and the squad isn't going to change for months. Therefore the only solution to the problem is to sack him and hope that another manager can get better results from them. Said manager could start by playing players in their real positions, avoiding picking crap ringers wherever possible and not picking players through nepotism.

11 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

No manager would get sacked for winning a league.

Ross County were clear at the top of the then Second Division, strolling to the title having only lost once and sacked Dick Campbell. Despite the fact he was going to win the league at ease, they saw the flaws in his tactics and approach to games and realised those flaws would be exploited at a higher level, so they got rid of him and appointed a better manager as soon as they could rather than waiting until those flaws got them into trouble. They didn't regret it, with his replacement winning the league, then slowly building a squad, taking them to the top flight and keeping them there.

That is how proper football clubs operate. They're willing to make ruthless decisions for the good of the club regardless of the criticism the media and dinosaurs like Alex Smith will throw at them for being too harsh. Morton on the other hand are scared to take ruthless decisions, delay on sacking managers out of sentiment - oh he did so well in the past, give him more time (McCormack) oh he's a club legend (Duffy), oh he's a really nice guy (McInally :lol:), he's taken us to a cup quarter final, you can't possibly sack him before it (Moore) - and this is one of the many reasons why we are one of the most underperforming clubs in the country.

The fact Duffy has done a decent job in the past is irrelevant. He's doing a dreadful job now and has proven himself to be incapable of fixing it. The board need to be ruthless for the first time since punting that snake Grady and get rid of him right now.

Ross County were clear at the top of the then Second Division, strolling to the title having only lost once and sacked Dick Campbell. Despite the fact he was going to win the league at ease, they saw the flaws in his tactics and approach to games and realised those flaws would be exploited at a higher level, so they got rid of him and appointed a better manager as soon as they could rather than waiting until those flaws got them into trouble. They didn't regret it, with his replacement winning the league, then slowly building a squad, taking them to the top flight and keeping them there.

That is how proper football clubs operate. They're willing to make ruthless decisions for the good of the club regardless of the criticism the media and dinosaurs like Alex Smith will throw at them for being too harsh. Morton on the other hand are scared to take ruthless decisions, delay on sacking managers out of sentiment - oh he did so well in the past, give him more time (McCormack) oh he's a club legend (Duffy), oh he's a really nice guy (McInally :lol:), he's taken us to a cup quarter final, you can't possibly sack him before it (Moore) - and this is one of the many reasons why we are one of the most underperforming clubs in the country.

The fact Duffy has done a decent job in the past is irrelevant. He's doing a dreadful job now and has proven himself to be incapable of fixing it. The board need to be ruthless for the first time since punting that snake Grady and get rid of him right now.

Let's not forget that County incurred the wrath of media pundits for disgracefully punting their good, honest manager. A decision I'm sure that they regret to this day.

TTG Jim.

1473615963318.jpg.b9bc3dd58e372b049384df

11 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Let's not forget that County incurred the wrath of media pundits for disgracefully punting their good, honest manager. A decision I'm sure that they regret to this day.

While he doesn't specifically name them here, it would be fair to say 'Dick' is still bitter: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/forfar-athletic/former-long-serving-boss-blasts-weak-chairman-1-3977858

“They need to be tougher and stand by their managers but instead they sack them and appoint a younger, cheaper version. But I tell you what, I’ve been doing this a long time and I’m an even better manager now. Look at Alex Ferguson, he won European Cups in 
his 60s. He was probably as successful in his 50s and 60s as he was at any other time.”

:lol:

Maybe an idea to look through the tear-stained utterings from Morton 'supporters' , including yourself, to identify who is 'sucking air sharply through teeth'. I'm just stating the obvious and based on your utter contempt for all that is Morton, I'd say we're pretty much in agreement. 

I'm sure you remember your repeated assertion that part-time teams like Ayr didn't belong among the big teams like Morton. Well, the fact is that your full-time team was second best against a part-time Ayr United team still finding their feet. 

One other thing...I'm very proud of the fact that I still have my teeth at my ripe old age. 

2nd week in a row that we have been pumped by a part time team... Part time/full time does not matter at this level when your players have to pride in there performance . This is when the so called experienced players need to stand up and lead by example.

3 minutes ago, thefatgoalie said:

2nd week in a row that we have been pumped by a part time team... Part time/full time does not matter at this level when your players have no pride in there performance . This is when the so called experienced players need to stand up and lead by example.

Totally agree, I was nervous for 2 minutes in the whole match.

Archived