Ayr United v Greenock Morton

2nd week in a row that we have been pumped by a part time team... Part time/full time does not matter at this level when your players have to pride in there performance . This is when the so called experienced players need to stand up and lead by example.

Nah last week was an amateur team you got beat by.

Just keep working down the levels, Sunday league next.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

As long as Duffy can't fault the boys for effort when we're losing to Tarbolton in five years time it's all fine.

You'll need more of a cutting edge if you want to visit me in Tar-b.

On 9/10/2016 at 17:22, placidcasual345 said:

:lol:

What contract is that then? :1eye

It's meant more figuratively than literally.  It's the understanding that we buy a season ticket on the assumption that Morton will at least attempt to put a competent squad together.  We've had mince squads in the past, rather too frequently in the last 15 years, but this season's almost total lack of meaningful transfer action has plumbed new depths.  From what I've seen of the squad so far, we only have one striker (Quitongo), and he is only 18.  The rest of the new players are of an exceedingly low standard, and although some of last year's squad are reasonable, we have not replaced a single one of Gasparotto, Johnstone, Samuel, or even McCluskey with players of anywhere the same standard.  Gary Oliver looks mediocre (was he not a promising youth player at Hearts a few years ago?) and the other 2 signings from the juniors or amateur football are utterly hopeless.  Nesbitt and Lindsay look reasonable but they lack experience.  We have NO strong physical ball winner in midfield, Tidser hasn't impressed and Forbes appears to be carrying around a twelve pack of lager when he plays.  if Carlsberg made football squads, this would be the exact opposite of what they would come up with.  A lot of supporters feel cheated.

The fact that we now seem to charge more than most other teams is just adding insult to injury.  Look at Queens and Raith, with far stronger squads.  We should be at least on a par with them or better.  Instead we are stagnating.  In fact more decomposing than stagnating.  Utterly shocking.

I know Ayr beat us occasionally, but FFS, that game on Saturday sounds like we have plumbed new depths.

6 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I know Ayr beat us occasionally, but FFS, that game on Saturday sounds like we have plumbed new depths.

Andy McNeil was the only difference between 2-1 and 5-1, some tremendous saves from him while Ayr cut us open at will. It's fine though, because effort and commitment.

7 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Can you not find a head to head record, in our pocket for god knows how long now.

41 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Can you not find a head to head record, in our pocket for god knows how long now.

League record for the past decade:

Morton wins: 9

Ayr win: 5

(lets just ignore that it was 2-14 in the previous decade :whistle)

36 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

League record for the past decade:

Morton wins: 9

Ayr win: 5

(lets just ignore that it was 2-14 in the previous decade :whistle)

And we're still in front.

20-12 for Ayr in the last 2 decades unless I'm missing something, and I missed something.

Gie me peace to get back on excel.

You've definitely had the better of us since the sweety man decided to spunk his kids inheritance up the wall.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Hows Harkins getting on? Thank you.

Wasn't impressed with his workrate in his 1st home game but he was good on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

He looked good in those highlights

He was good, we'll need him to play like that most weeks if we want to stop yo-yoing all the time.

The club executive has no ambition, the manager and coaching staff have no ambition, and it looks like most of the starting 11 have no confidence and no ambition.

5 games in and we're past the point of giving JD the benefit of the doubt.

I suspect he would be happier being a full-time armchair expert these days.

TTGJ

There are many other coaches who could take our squad and get them organised, competitive and interesting to watch. lets pick a good one (and who on the Board would you trust to know where to look)

On 11 September 2016 at 01:15, vikingTON said:

Fun fact 1: Sir David Irons was sacked in 2009-10 for achieving a better record than Duffy has at the moment (W1 L5 v D3 L3). Needless to say that Irons still effortlessly sworded Ayr at Somerset Park in that set of results; as opposed to Duffy who scraped one win in five meetings.

1473552688939.jpg

3 points vs 3 points, therefore effectively the same record. Your inability to count to 3 is a delight to me.

On 11 September 2016 at 10:38, diegomarahenry said:

Morton looked like they had zero confidence, center halfs booting the ball up in the air, Forbes aside, the midfield got rid of the ball as quick as it could, the 2 up front, one isn't a footballer and Quitongos son, who looks a decent enough prospect needs experience either just behind him or up front beside him.

Also known as Quitongo...

3 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

3 points vs 3 points, therefore effectively the same record. Your inability to count to 3 is a delight to me.

Irons' record was better because he effortlessly sworded your dross in the process. Thanks for playing anyway. 

Sorry, wasn't aware that 'swording' Ayr United was worth more that the standard 3 points that you get for winning any other football game on the planet. The fact is that you are happy to hound out Duffy and, hilariously, your desired saviour is a man who you have previously hounded out for having the same record. That is, unless you want to wheel out your fun little line about 'swording' Ayr United again, whatever makes you happy.

Archived