Squad face Lithuania & Slovakia next month

Can't make this one as I have work but will be able to get the entirety in the pub. Feel like an old man but the £3 admin fee annoys me more than the ticket prices.

Not like a fifer to have a grumble over 3gbp

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wren Road said:

Not like a fifer to have a grumble over 3gbp

I know :lol: but it is a nonsense. Although it's hard to have a dig at the SFA considering everyone's doing it. Send me it as an e-ticket and I'll print it at work for nowt!

I'm in D3 with the season ticket, happy to pay the premium to be in the North.  It'll be a better view than the high B blocks, but probably not to justify the extra money admittedly.  If I hadn't got the season ticket I'd consider trying those blocks to see how they are for future games.  I refused to give them North Stand money for the Gibraltar game and ended up way back in the East stand.  That was shite.

To be fair, the North Stand was shite for the Gibraltar game as well. Folk shouting at each other to sit down, no atmosphere and it was pretty empty. I wouldn't really go anywhere other than the North Stand, but it can be just as bad as the other stands at times.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

To be fair, the North Stand was shite for the Gibraltar game as well. Folk shouting at each other to sit down, no atmosphere and it was pretty empty. I wouldn't really go anywhere other than the North Stand, but it can be just as bad as the other stands at times.

Based on my limited (only been going for 3 years or so) knowledge of Scotland home games, I assumed it was an unwritten rule that if you want to sit you go to the south. 

Just now, Big Fifer said:

Based on my limited (only been going for 3 years or so) knowledge of Scotland home games, I assumed it was an unwritten rule that if you want to sit you go to the south. 

No one sits in the West - ever! It's one of the reasons I go there. I only went to one game in the North and everyone sat down. The atmosphere was poor in the North in comparison so I didn't bother going back. I was in the East for Beattie's late winner against Georgia once and it was very similar to the West.

We should be selling every game out regardless, but are our attendances not remarkably high (Even 40k) for a nation of our size? Did I read that somewhere or am I making it up?

36 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

We should be selling every game out regardless, but are our attendances not remarkably high (Even 40k) for a nation of our size? Did I read that somewhere or am I making it up?

Aye. per capita we are around the best supported nations in the world. I think even not using the per capita rational we are up there.

Edited to say: The study I found had us at 10th in the world based on pure numbers and 2nd in the world on a per capita basis. (The Irish are number 4 and number 1 on the same criteria).

22 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Aye? someone was saying less than 40k a few pages ago

I just went into the stadium planner which shows the available seats. Only two sections are sparse, the rest are either full or almost full. It looks to me, less than a 10th empty which is where I got my 45,000 from. I could be wrong.

27 minutes ago, killienick said:

I just went into the stadium planner which shows the available seats. Only two sections are sparse, the rest are either full or almost full. It looks to me, less than a 10th empty which is where I got my 45,000 from. I could be wrong.

I am told they haven't opened the top tier of the South Stand for sale yet so that lops a few thousand of the total sold

7 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I've not seen the top tier of the South Stand or the South East corner of the ground for sale at any point, so I assume they'll be empty.

Ah. When they were greyed out and 'unavailable' I assumed they were sold. Not a great crowd then.

Archived