Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Why is Ireland a 'sensitive' neighbour Wes?  A peaceful,  Democratic country that's never been at war with anyone,  valued tradingppartner with families widespread between Ireland and the UK and many UK citizens being of irish descent?   Can't see anything remotely sensitive about that, the queen herself was there this year.   

Except to a raging bigot.

6 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Many Unionists are pissed off with Brexit too, but blatant 'grandstanding ' with a sensitive neighbour doesn't help at all!

The difference is of course that people like yourself who are "pissed off about Brexit" are nevertheless eager for Scotland's national opinion on EU membership and associated rights to be ignored, because the UK at any cost is the default.

Many Unionists are pissed off with Brexit too, but blatant 'grandstanding ' with a sensitive neighbour doesn't help at all!

Don't understand your point

The Irish premier has already breached protocol to bring up the Scottish issue on our behalf at a meeting of the 28 heads of government where our supposed representative David Cameron was silent. That's actual help, how much help is debatable but it's more than no help at all.

If the Scottish government is going to get a decent outcome out of this then they're going to need as many allies inside the EU as they can get.

And I share the confusion as to what "sensitive neighbour" is supposed to mean.

Sturgeon was indeed warmly received in the Senead yesterday and received full backing from the Upper House in her pursuit for Scottish Independence, despite 55% of her own electorate rejecting the notion just two years ago, the Crusade continues. An independent Scotland (or otherwise) is no business of the ROI whatsoever. The sensitive neighbour issue is with regards to the border, the PM and the FM at Stormont, have already said they wish to see the long standing agreement (dating back to long before we joined the EU) maintained.

3 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

An independent Scotland (or otherwise) is no business of the ROI whatsoever. The sensitive neighbour issue is with regards to the border, the PM and the FM at Stormont, have already said they wish to see the long standing agreement (dating back to long before we joined the EU) maintained.

There is no hard border between the UK and the RoI and the visit was about the EU, not independence. Support was expressed by the Irish members but wasn't solicited. So in what way is Ireland "sensitive"?

The sensitive neighbour issue is with regards to the border, the PM and the FM at Stormont, have already said they wish to see the long standing agreement (dating back to long before we joined the EU) maintained.

Which only became sensitive because of how England and Wales voted in the referendum. Why you would use that against the Scottish FM is strange.

There is no hard border between the UK and the RoI and the visit was about the EU, not independence. Support was expressed by the Irish members but wasn't solicited. So in what way is Ireland "sensitive"?

The Nationalists have whipped up concern over a hard border (through pure speculation alone), as far as I can recall, they are the only ones who have mentioned it.

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

The Nationalists have whipped up concern over a hard border (through pure speculation alone), as far as I can recall, they are the only ones who have mentioned it.

Just a couple of days ago the First Minister of Wales dismissed the idea of a seperate Scottish deal within the EU.  One of his reasons being that there would be border issues that could not be resolvable.

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

"The Northern Ireland secretary, James Brokenshire, has told the Guardian that London and Dublin will work to strengthen Ireland’s external borders in order to combat illegal migration into the UK once it leaves the European Union"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/09/britain-to-push-post-brexit-uk-immigration-controls-back-to-irish-border

The source of the "anxiety" is a statement by the Northern Ireland secretary.  It's in your own link. The nationalists are reacting to the UK not "whipping up concern".

The issue concerns the free movement of people and business between North and South, under its current arrangement. Strengthening barriers to combat (virtually non-existent) illegal entry of immigrants into the UK via the ROI is a completely different issue.

On 29/11/2016 at 10:35, Baxter Parp said:

No, let me:

Screen.PNG

Fuckwit.

I was going to just leave this as you are obviously scraping about trying to cover your stupidity but since you have brought it up on another thread:

The post that you have quoted above is from a poster that starts with his old man on the dole in the early 80s and then goes on to say that the country is insolvent and that he has very little hope for the future.  I correctly stated that all of this has happened whilst in the EU. 

Your subsequent posts telling me that I would "need to explain how the EU were responsible for Thatcher's economic and social policies." is you assuming that the reason his old man was on the dole in the 80s was down to Thatcher.  Either that or you just thought you would bring up Thatcher for some random reason.  Given that you then accused me of being the one linking the EU to Thatcher, this is hardly tenable.

Just for the avoidance of doubt, I have no idea what the job the poster's dad had prior to unemployment but you obviously do.  For all I know he worked in the DeLorean factory that Thatcher pumped $100m into or perhaps he was a victim of the industrial malaise of the 70s that I have also commented on.  Regardless my post did nothing to distinguish any correlation between the individual parts of the post and the complete timeline.  A link between the EU and Thatcher - this was raised only by you in the post that I have repeatedly quoted.

I am beginning to reach a consensus with you - you are a fuckwit.

21 minutes ago, strichener said:

I was going to just leave this as you are obviously scraping about trying to cover your stupidity but since you have brought it up on another thread:

It took you days to come up with something. Got it.

22 minutes ago, strichener said:

The post that you have quoted above is from a poster that starts with his old man on the dole in the early 80s and then goes on to say that the country is insolvent and that he has very little hope for the future.  I correctly stated that all of this has happened whilst in the EU. 

Yes, you connected the events in that post with membership of the EU.  Correct.

25 minutes ago, strichener said:

Your subsequent posts telling me that I would "need to explain how the EU were responsible for Thatcher's economic and social policies." is you assuming that the reason his old man was on the dole in the 80s was down to Thatcher.  Either that or you just thought you would bring up Thatcher for some random reason.  Given that you then accused me of being the one linking the EU to Thatcher, this is hardly tenable.

The economic turmoil of the eighties in the UK was almost completely down to Thatcher's policies, not membership of the EU.  That should not be difficult to understand.  I didn't accuse you of anything like linking the EU to Thatcher, that's just a bizarre notion and nonsensical from any perspective. I'm putting that down to your poor comprehension and interpretation of English.

30 minutes ago, strichener said:

Just for the avoidance of doubt, I have no idea what the job the poster's dad had prior to unemployment but you obviously do.  For all I know he worked in the DeLorean factory that Thatcher pumped $100m into or perhaps he was a victim of the industrial malaise of the 70s that I have also commented on.  Regardless my post did nothing to distinguish any correlation between the individual parts of the post and the complete timeline.  A link between the EU and Thatcher - this was raised only by you in the post that I have repeatedly quoted.

This is just gibberish.  It's like you ate a dictionary and vomited onto your monitor.

33 minutes ago, strichener said:

I am beginning to reach a consensus with you - you are a fuckwit.

And you have no idea what consensus means.  you've over-reached your reading age. We're done.