Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I don't know what all the fuss is about.
Apparently we can have our cake and eat it.
Sounds good to me.

By the same token, if we can also turn water into wine and straw into gold then we can simply tell the EU to get lost.
Sounds straightforward to me.

Tories are a fucking shambles on this, though in fairness they can't avoid it.  Anyone with half a brain realises that full access to the single market is essential and that this will only happen with free movement of labour.  Brexit my arse.

Tories are a fucking shambles on this, though in fairness they can't avoid it.  Anyone with half a brain realises that full access to the single market is essential and that this will only happen with free movement of labour.  Brexit my arse.

Not sure why people differentiate. Labour is a commodity. Access to single market must include labour

I was shocked when he insinuated this

I insinuated nothing of the sort John, the ROI has been a sensitive neighbour with regards to the border since 1922. It has nothing to do with Catholicism. Another lazy jibe that I've just got used to on my time here. I have no personal interest in anyone's faith or religion.

I insinuated nothing of the sort John, the ROI has been a sensitive neighbour with regards to the border since 1922. It has nothing to do with Catholicism. Another lazy jibe that I've just got used to on my time here. I have no personal interest in anyone's faith or religion.

Fair enuff. Apologies

Aye right enough they are so sensitive about the border its wide open.

Aye there's never ever been anything sensitive or contentious about the UK/Irish border with regards to consociational issues eh!?
The current agreement works perfectly well, my point is that Brexit shouldn't be used as a lever by opportunist nationalists to create apprehension.

Aye there's never ever been anything sensitive or contentious about the UK/Irish border with regards to consociational issues eh!?
The current agreement works perfectly well, my point is that Brexit shouldn't be used as a lever by opportunist nationalists to create apprehension.

The current agreement can't survive Brexit

If it becomes a border between the EU and an outside state then a new agreement between the EU and the U.K. will be needed.

If we end up with a soft Brexit situation on the Norwegian/Swiss model then that shouldn't be a problem. That would however leave the UK having to conform to lots of EU rules without having a say in how they're made so it may be a hard sell in Little Englandshire.

The current agreement can't survive Brexit
If it becomes a border between the EU and an outside state then a new agreement between the EU and the U.K. will be needed.
If we end up with a soft Brexit situation on the Norwegian/Swiss model then that shouldn't be a problem. That would however leave the UK having to conform to lots of EU rules without having a say in how they're made so it may be a hard sell in Little Englandshire.

Wasn't the free movement of people integral to the original treaty of Rome 1957? We had an open border with the Irish Republic long before we joined the EU (EEC as was) in 1973?

Wasn't the free movement of people integral to the original treaty of Rome 1957? We had an open border with the Irish Republic long before we joined the EU (EEC as was) in 1973?

Maybe it's escaped your attention, but, Ireland's not leaving. Can you work out the rest from there?

A self proclaimed member of the farcical bigoted PLU community has no interest in anyone's faith or religion apparently.   Or he'sa lying bigot oone or the other

Not you again ffs!
Aye I know many people who would consider themselves as Protestant, Unionist & Loyalist, in the same way that there is a community of people (in Norn Iron certainly) who would consider themselves Catholic, Nationalist & Republican, I've said before I don't have any problem with that.
I very rarely go to a Church other than very occasional family gatherings, I have no interest in religion. It would be rather hypocritical of me to judge others on their religious beliefs when I have none of my own. That doesn't stop me respecting their Faith irrespective of denomination.

Spin the record over Fuzzy, your reprise is getting really tiresome.

Yeah I think so, leave the border as it is.

Hey I'd be happy enough with that. But will the good people of Wakefield , the Mail, the Express etc accept it? Let's face it, whatever happens with the artificial border will be decided by the good people of England, as usual.