Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

You still cannot evidence your claim of lies.

The key is in differentiating between legal position and lies.

The white paper proposed a preferred route.

Barroso, Reding and ithers were expressing their no doubt complicated and spun views.

This would have been disputed and ultimately decided by court ruling.

Paradoxically and ofcourse in a hypothetical sense brexit being triggered could allow an iScotland to retain the UK's member status as proposed by these 2 Dutch European law experts.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2016/03/14/a-brexit-could-make-it-easier-for-scotland-to-join-the-eu-as-an-independent-state/

Unlikely ofcourse, but the point being, no one was lying. European law is a complicated minefield  where little precedent has been established. It was always about gaining starting ground.

To make bold claims of "lies" is just a wee bit dim.

No hard feelings eh.

There is no doubt that Brexit will make it easier for iScotland to join. It gets rid of the problem for Spain regarding a precedent for Catalonia. I would, naturally, want a referendum before the application is submitted. Complying with the 35 chapters of the acquis will take longer than 18 months. It's a lengthy bureaucratic process.

No hard feelings btw. I don't bear grudges.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

There is no doubt that Brexit will make it easier for iScotland to join. It gets rid of the problem for Spain regarding a precedent for Catalonia. I would, naturally, want a referendum before the application is submitted. Complying with the 35 chapters of the acquis will take longer than 18 months. It's a lengthy bureaucratic process.

No hard feelings btw. I don't bear grudges.

Ha ha....I think we have common ground. Much as I slagged off referendums (tongue in cheek style tho) earlier, I think a referendum prior to any finalisation of iScotland joining the EU is sensible.

Re the 18 months timespan. Well we will see.

Right thats the uncomfortable agreeing bit out of the way.

I still think you are a closet nawbag :P.

19 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

The EU never gave an official answer to the independence answer because only the member state could officially ask. The UK never did ask.....I wonder why.

You're spouting shite as usualy.

You expected Cameron to ask the question? :lol: He did not give a damn about independence. His involvement in the Better Together was minimal. He thought that it was Labour's problem, not his. 

Cameron's prime objective was to keep the UK in the EU. He resigned in a hissy fit when he failed.

Edited by Bishop Briggs
bad typing

It was not the personal opinion of Viviane Reding. It was an official letter, in response to an official letter from McKelvie. It that would have been checked by the Commission's lawyers and approved by President Barroso. 
Those constitutional experts that you have no authority or power. They are always trotted out by SNP supporters that refuse to accept that the EU Commission, on behalf of the Council, set out the official position in that letter. Barroso confirmed it publicly too. Yet we are supposed to accept that those experts are right and the President and Vice-President were wrong!
Like it or not, the EU Treaties are set in stone and they are enforced by the European Court of Justice. If they are not, why bother with Article 50 at all? 
Btw, the requirement to leave the EU was one of the main reasons that I supported independence in 2014. 

Please switch to NO

You expected Cameron to ask the question? :lol: He did not give a damn about independence. His involvement in the Better Together was minimal. He thought that it was Labour's problem, not his. 
Cameron's prime objective was to keep the UK in the EU. He resigned in a hissy fit when he failed.

This

Took the gamble (as he did with the Independence ref) but f*cked off to leave someone else to clear the shite up when it didn't pay off.
His legacy, if he had one, is in tatters.

3 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

This

Took the gamble (as he did with the Independence ref) but f*cked off to leave someone else to clear the shite up when it didn't pay off.
His legacy, if he had one, is in tatters.

Totally agree re Cameron. Left a powderkeg for his successor. I could almost feel sorry for her. Almost.

The fact he never asked for EU opinion in 2014 obviously takes a dump on any unionist criticism of the SNP over the 2014 Europe entry issue.

Water under the bridge now though.

Totally agree re Cameron. Left a powderkeg for his successor. I could almost feel sorry for her. Almost.
The fact he never asked for EU opinion in 2014 obviously takes a dump on any unionist criticism of the SNP over the 2014 Europe entry issue.

Despite winning the Indyref in 2014 he could (repeat could) still be largely responsible for the eventual break up of the UK. Some achievement eh!?

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Magic we have got to pay the EU more money to exit than we get to run our country makes sense!

It was always the case that leaving the EU was going to cost the country a fortune.

As a whole, you do not leave the largest free trade area in the world and then re enter it paying trade tarrifs and subsequently hope to make money.

That is Farage economics.

16 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I don't give a shit about David Cameron, fact is only the UK government could get an official answer from the EU......They never did.

16 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Ha ha....I think we have common ground. Much as I slagged off referendums (tongue in cheek style tho) earlier, I think a referendum prior to any finalisation of iScotland joining the EU is sensible.

Re the 18 months timespan. Well we will see.

Right thats the uncomfortable agreeing bit out of the way.

I still think you are a closet nawbag :P.

Well he did vote no......

20 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Don't feel even remotely sorry for May in one bit. She was desperate for the job.

As a remainer, she sat on the fence. People slag Gove (and rightly so) but he at least backed leave to the hill and then tried to oust Boris for the PM job. 

Im surprised nobodys mentioned the 14 weeks holiday we are getting according to the white paper but of course nobody on here mentions white papers at all [emoji3]

I'd mention it to our HR lady but I think she's off using up some weeks owed back at the moment [emoji1]

Don't feel even remotely sorry for May in one bit. She was desperate for the job.
As a remainer, she sat on the fence. People slag Gove (and rightly so) but he at least backed leave to the hill and then tried to oust Boris for the PM job. 

No much of a fan of Big Tree, but reckon she's genuinely trying her whole best to make some sense of this shit storm, perhaps she could be the conduit between fractured EU/USA relations under Donald Trump?

36 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

No much of a fan of Big Tree, but reckon she's genuinely trying her whole best to make some sense of this shit storm, perhaps she could be the conduit between fractured EU/USA relations under Donald Trump?

The EU has already laughed that suggestion off.