Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

On 5/25/2017 at 09:38, thisal said:

Yes that'll happen. It must be  that time when Ryanair renegotiate landing fees.

They'll almost certainly look for massive subsidies.  Why wouldn't they when the Japanese were chapping the door for the car industry the morning after Brexit. Lots of businesses who previously didn't need to be induced to come to Britain will want a bung now. And they'll get it under strict commercial confidence agreements because the alternative is too horrible to contemplate forthe party delivering this shambles. They'll cut disability allowances and just kill the poor to pay for it - started already with the rape clause and dementia tax. 

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 12:01, dorlomin said:

Excluding Finland, Portugal and Spain, all the countries doing better than average are from Central Europe.  I accept they might all be starting from a low point but in would be interesting to see if this trend continues.

One of the objections that some people had to the EU is that it now includes a number of poorer countries.  Ironically we encouraged them to join.

9 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I honestly don't think brexit will now happen

I have had that opinion for ages.  Nobody needs to campaign against it and we don't need a second EU referendum just now.  Let it run its course.

I think the negotiations will result in something unappealing that nobody will want it - or it will incredible close to what we have already got.

The UK voting to leave the EU was supposed to be followed by the Netherlands and France but those stupid continentals didn't vote correctly in their elections.

I think the DUP are asking for something impossible (to the EU at least).  No hard border in Ireland - i.e. no customs checks and no customs checks between Northern Ireland and here.  You could transport whatever you like to Dublin and on to Larne and on to Scotland and there would be no checks at all.  Yeah - that will work.

It's only possible with freedom of movement and trade kept intact through something like the EEA status that Norway has. The problem with the Brexit referendum was that people didn't grasp what they were voting for if Leave actually won as they were led to believe that things like hard borders were no more than scare tactics.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

38 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's only possible with freedom of movement and trade kept intact through something like the EEA status that Norway has. The problem with the Brexit referendum was that people didn't grasp what they were voting for if Leave actually won as they were lead to believe that things like hard borders were no more than scare tactic.

.. and that any talk of things being worse after Brexit is just talking Britain down.