Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

56 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

I despair, a small part of me wants a hard Brexit.
It might shut the faces of the UKIP fraternity, but I doubt it.
I think whatever the final deal, the UK will suffer massively, financially, culturally & politically. This will all be put down to Europes hard stance on negotiations, which will further entrench the brainless idiots that voted for it in the first place....
Added to that, if residency in the EU for "Brits" isn't agreed, we will have all the "Saint George", "Crown & Lion", "Berrz & Flute" regulars from the Costa's returning home and polluting society & elections even more vehemently than they do now.
A hard Brexit will hopefully make Indy inevitable, but I fear for the inbetween times.

:lol::lol:

Why is almost everything and everyone that the Tories don't agree with suddenly a threat to the country?

Ian Duncan Smith going on about low value people when talking about immigration in an interview aswell. I can't believe people still vote for that fucking sociopath.

4 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Barely 24 hours after he won the election, Tories now dishing out the threats to Macron.

http://talkradio.co.uk/news/iain-duncan-smith-warns-emmanuel-macron-french-people-will-suffer-if-you-take-hardline-brexit

Speaking to Julia Hartley-Brewer, Duncan Smith told the French president-elect: "If you want to put French workers out of work, who rely on exports to the UK, the quickest thing you can to do is make this a drama.

"If, however, you want French workers to do well... you want to come to some kind of deal to allow them access to our markets."

When Julia asked if that was a threat of a promise, the former cabinet minister responded that Macron's attitude to Brexit was an "absolute threat" to his country.

Okay, Okay.

Drama out.  Comedy in.

RCGP's saying Scotland on course to lose 200 GP.s due to brexit.
We're about 800 short as it is.

It's not just GPs. We have struggled to recruit in all specialties for many years. With the EU doctors leaving, we're going to see a repeat of several years ago when the new visa rules came in, making it almost impossible for subcontinent doctors to work here. At that time they were replaced by EU doctors, who knows what's going to happen now.

It takes a minimum of 10 years to produce a newly qualified GP from a school leaver, up to 14 years for a consultant. More than a parliament. There's no long term planning and medical school places are artificially limited. With the number of GPs set to retire in the next few years, things are going to get worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2017/may/11/bank-of-england-super-thursday-interest-rates-inflation-growth-brexit-business-live?page=with:block-591424aae4b0f5ae171e12d5#block-591424aae4b0f5ae171e12d5

UK trade gap widens

More bad news: Britain’s trade gap widened last month, dashing hopes that the weaker pound is spurring an exporting boom.

So we've yet to see any benefit from Brexit at all so far.

24 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Britain really is a racist cesspool of a place.

Naw...it's a curate's egg of a place - good in parts.  In my little pocket of SE England I'm delighted daily at how well folk from different countries rub along well together.

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

This is fine.

"Once Johny Foreigner realises that his German and French engineered spare parts and widgets are no match for our Union Jack stamped ones that sing Rule Brittania they will come flocking back, offering to pay whatever we ask. Short term pain for long term gain."

Said no-one with an ounce of common sense!