Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You think Brexit is going to improve Sunderland?

Sunderland's lofty ambitions to achieve standard of living parity with Khayelitsha are to be applauded, imo.

9 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Sunderland's lofty ambitions to achieve standard of living parity with Khayelitsha are to be applauded, imo.

I think Westminster has laid waste to vaste areas of Northern England as a buffer against the Tartan Hordes

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Do you seriously believe a hard border would be put in place?

Is this what you genuinely believe would happen?

I don't. In fact I'll put my house on the fact there won't be a hard border anywhere between the UK and the EU in the same way there is no a hard border between the Skandi countries, 

There might be Number Plate Recognition technology employed and the occasional request to produce id if someone looks a bit dodgy but that would be the absolute extent of it.

I agree that 'Nationalist' politics on both sides of the border has been extremely divisive and negative for everyone on these islands. There is nothing positive about Nationalism defining political thought or discourse.

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Can you name an example of a soft border between the outer edge of the EU and a neighbouring state that isn't part of the EEA (i.e. the single market minus the political dimensions as would have been the case with a soft Brexit) unlike Norway and Switzerland as Theresa May intends to achieve with a hard Brexit? There's a reason why Juncker thinks she is deluded. People are sleep walking into something they don't grasp the full implications of yet.

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Can you name an example of a soft border between the outer edge of the EU and a neighbouring state that isn't part of the EEA (i.e. the single market minus the political dimensions as would have been the case with a soft Brexit) unlike Norway and Switzerland as Theresa May intends to achieve with a hard Brexit? There's a reason why Juncker thinks she is deluded. People are sleep walking into something they don't grasp the full implications of yet.

Quite.

Another referendum is needed once the full implications of being booted out wi a hefty bill and no trade deal dawn on the dullards.

Absolute scenes when the numpties finally realise they were selt wind an pish.

Whilst I don't think it's likely we'd have a hard border, I've stopped thinking that anything is impossible or a 'definite won't happen' with this Tory government, anything is possible.

A hard border wouldn't be great but it's not the end of the world.

Interesting blog post from February, which seems to touch on why the Juncker might think May is so deluded about the complexity involved:

https://medium.com/@stewartwood6887/theresa-mays-mistaken-precedent-for-a-brexit-based-on-cherry-picking-1e2e6a3b9985

The blog was linked to by a Financial Times journalist & legal writer I follow, so I'm assuming it isn't complete nonsense (I've realised that one my problems with following the Brexit process is that it's incredibly hard to work out what is and is not credible reporting because it's so complicated). 

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The only reason for the division is that too many people are making every little disagreement a battle between good and evil when we should be celebrating the fact that we have freedom to have and express different opinions.

Yes, I get that completely.