Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

8 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

Says you who was banging on about events from the 16th century in this very forum last week.

We all know that some events make a nation and, for sure, The Reformation was pivotal for many...and that the Williamite settlement has played a part in this debate.  See Gina Miller's campaign.

Many more such announcements tae come I'm sure.
Newcastle voted remain. York can gtf.

I think York voted to remain as well didn't it? I think all of the big University towns did. Not surprising since they know where there bread gets buttered.

While May wastes two of the twenty four months trying to build a fire wall against losing MPs to the expenses investigation, the EU uses it to solidify a single strategy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39755124

One could assume that the civil servants will be busy in the meanwhile, her cabinet is busy campaigning no planning for the most complex negotiations in our history.

The European Union has called on Theresa May to provide immediate “serious and real” guarantees to its citizens living in Britain. The EU leaders took just four minutes at a special summit to agree unanimously an uncompromising opening stance in the Brexit negotiations.

Leaders said they would not discuss a future trade deal with the British government until “sufficient progress” is made on the issues of Britain’s estimated €60bn divorce bill, the rights of EU nationals in the UK, and the border in Ireland

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/29/brexit-rights-of-eu-nationals-eu27

The European Union has called on Theresa May to provide immediate “serious and real” guarantees to its citizens living in Britain. The EU leaders took just four minutes at a special summit to agree unanimously an uncompromising opening stance in the Brexit negotiations.
Leaders said they would not discuss a future trade deal with the British government until “sufficient progress” is made on the issues of Britain’s estimated €60bn divorce bill, the rights of EU nationals in the UK, and the border in Ireland
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/29/brexit-rights-of-eu-nationals-eu27

What a total clusterfuck. The Tories seem to have no idea on how to deal with the Brexit negotiations.

3 hours ago, dorlomin said:

Aye but "strong and stable", "coalition of chaos". 

She's an utter shitebag and the media should be calling her out for avoiding the public or any serious examination at every turn. 

Complete fraud of an individual. 

On 18/01/2017 at 18:37, oaksoft said:

Because she is genuinely quite prepared to walk away with "no deal".

This gives her a strong negotiating position unless the EU are as equally determined to go for a "no deal".

Having certainty in your own worst case scenario means you control the debate.

That, in a nutshell, is what leadership is all about.

The result might not be to your liking but that is another thing altogether. The UK is getting what the UK voted for.

That will buy her respect from Tories and UKIP. That respect will buy her millions of votes and as many years as PM as she wants.

It's hard to do anything but respect her whether you are on her side or not.

:lol:

13 minutes ago, HTG said:

Aye but "strong and stable", "coalition of chaos". 

She's an utter shitebag and the media should be calling her out for avoiding the public or any serious examination at every turn. 

Complete fraud of an individual. 

Quite.

If she can't deal with questions from your average Joe, baulks at facing other leaders in a debate, can't answer sympathetic journalists....

...I'm not sure that Juncker and Tusk will be up all night worrying about Theresa May's debating skills.

In fact I think they couldn't give a f**k,

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 23:19, Jambomo said:

I think York voted to remain as well didn't it? I think all of the big University towns did. Not surprising since they know where there bread gets buttered.

Yeah.  York voted Remain.

I was travelling around England last year just before the vote and everywhere I went voted Remain.

Didn't realise I could be so influential without even trying - or maybe it was just a coincidence.

Yeah.  York voted Remain.
I was travelling around England last year just before the vote and everywhere I went voted Remain.
Didn't realise I could be so influential without even trying - or maybe it was just a coincidence.

It was all the complete English shiteholes that voted leave. Ergo, you have good taste.
It's funny the paradox here mind.... most of these aforementioned areas would be labour (small ukip ) yet these are the areas that agree with May. The traditional tory areas would be more likely remain.
Bit of a win win for May.... and the other win is she should hoover up unionists votes in Scotland.
Labour have been played like fools both north and south of border. I have absolutely no sympathy for them.
Least we have the SNP.. only party that looks after Scotlands interests