Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/jun/07/building-for-brexit-how-architecture-heralded-the-failure-of-project-eu-trans-europe-express

Quite an interesting article about Southampton, the attempts to “europeanise” British cities and it’s failures, and the possible links with these cities opting for Brexit.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I know that Ireland is getting all the attention but I assume the residents of Gibraltar are shitting it at the prospect of a ‘No Deal’ Brexit.

The Spanish are talking about setting up a federal system to mitigate the Catalonia problem. I wonder if that might sway Gib opinion given that 96% voted to stay in the EU?

I know that Ireland is getting all the attention but I assume the residents of Gibraltar are shitting it at the prospect of a ‘No Deal’ Brexit.

Was just thinking about this the other day. Seems to get ignored, wait until the 5hr queues for workers getting back into Spain each evening kicks in....
Viva Espana!

35 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Was just thinking about this the other day. Seems to get ignored, wait until the 5hr queues for workers getting back into Spain each evening kicks in....
Viva Espana!

Once they lose their tax haven status within the EU there won't be any workers.

56 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The Spanish are talking about setting up a federal system to mitigate the Catalonia problem. I wonder if that might sway Gib opinion given that 96% voted to stay in the EU?

The Tories have always said that they respect the right of Gibraltar citizens to stay ‘British’.  I wonder if they’ll continue with that respect if they change their minds?

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Just checking. U got a credible link for this?

Tweets from Faisal Islam (usually to be trusted on this stuff):

How can a third country continue shaping and applying EU rules and carry out controls without proper EU supervision and enforcement?” Is the response to the backstop on governance
European Commission says that the UK backstop “will lead to a hard border” post Brexit with Ireland, because it doesn't cover regulatory, ie Single Market considerations.
This response occurs after the Barnier-Davis meeting. This is a real problem, now.