Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I know it's all doom and gloom and schadenfreude in here, and that there will be some negative ramifications to leaving the EU, but does anyone really think it'll be that bad? How do you imagine it affecting your daily life if so? 

I know it's all doom and gloom and schadenfreude in here, and that there will be some negative ramifications to leaving the EU, but does anyone really think it'll be that bad? How do you imagine it affecting your daily life if so? 

Higher prices for both domestic and importer goods, higher unemployment with job losses caused by brexit, poorer quality care in hospitals where foreign doctors and nurses are leaving in their droves. But besides that sounds like a good laugh.

Stuck in slow non EU track when you go on holiday. Limited to a small amount of duty free instead of the van loads you can take back now at much lower local tax and duty rates. Having to apply for a visa every time you go to Europe. No more European Health Insurance Card. Having to apply for a work permit to take a job in Europe. Horrendous queues for ferries and tunnel both sides of the channel. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Stuck in slow non EU track when you go on holiday. Limited to a small amount of duty free instead of the van loads you can take back now at much lower local tax and duty rates. Having to apply for a visa every time you go to Europe. No more European Health Insurance Card. Having to apply for a work permit to take a job in Europe. Horrendous queues for ferries and tunnel both sides of the channel. 

Aye but Westminster will have greater control over our lives. That’s apparently a good thing.

18 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Higher prices for both domestic and importer goods, higher unemployment with job losses caused by brexit, poorer quality care in hospitals where foreign doctors and nurses are leaving in their droves. But besides that sounds like a good laugh.

There will still be a big market in the UK for companies, there will be lots of jobs available that are currently filled by EU nationals, immigration will not stop, although the current rate the home office is going I doubt anyone will want to come here.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

These aren't really life changing issues, more irritations, much of which already applies if you holiday outside the EU. 

For the record I voted remain, think leaving was/is a stupid idea, but am very much of the opinion that the country isn't going to grind to a halt due to changes in administration and that most people will just get on as normal. 

8 minutes ago, Tamdunk said:

These aren't really life changing issues, more irritations, much of which already applies if you holiday outside the EU. 

Lorries also get ferries and carry goods and supplies.  You just need a bit of imagination.  For instance, if the NHS and farmers are struggling to get workers now, what will it be like after brexit?  Go on, think about it for a bit.

51 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

So looks like we are staying in the customs union, ie cannot agree other trade deals, but have absolutely no say on EU trade deals.... Oh my oh my

Sent from my VFD 710 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Customs union but then with pressure probably end up staying in one or possibly two of Single Market and or EEC.

"Brexit means Brexit" was a phrase muttered nearly two years ago...how times have changed!

Am I understanding this correctly in that they’ve also included an end date, and therefore expect the EU to accept a “we’ll stay in the CU, and we want to influence everything, but on X date we’re going to be right out, and then can do what we want”?