Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

A second referendum which included a REMAIN option would see that option winning by a margin similar to the last referendum.  However if the Brexiteers are so sure everything is fine why do they oppose it?  Democracy?  Don’t make me laugh.

2 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

I'm leaning towards yes, but a bit. It's certainly a more credible argument than simply saying "they won" over and over again with no real depth at all. Especially given the manner of the win, and the clusterfuck that followed.

I'm also not so easily willing to see so many lives ruined and to see all sorts of rights up in the air just because of one vote that many people didn't fully appreciate.

But you carry on with your wee bubble where nothing matters but a vote.

I will my friend. I am a democrat.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

A second referendum which included a REMAIN option would see that option winning by a margin similar to the last referendum.  However if the Brexiteers are so sure everything is fine why do they oppose it?  Democracy?  Don’t make me laugh.

We have already had the vote. Remain lost and Leave won. You are not a democrat Sir :thumbsdown

37 minutes ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

We have already had the vote. Remain lost and Leave won. You are not a democrat Sir :thumbsdown

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”   So said Edmund Burke, and later adopted by JFK.  And whilst perhaps not evil, the Leave prospectus was downright immoral and the funding almost certainly illegal. 

Can I also remind you that this referendum was advisory, there was nothing binding about the outcome, and given what we now know I think there is every reason to challenge what has effectively become a right-wing political coup, cheered on by the hyena press.  Democracy demands no less, Sir.

9 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Can I also remind you that this referendum was advisory, there was nothing binding about the outcome, and given what we now know I think there is every reason to challenge what has effectively become a right-wing political coup, cheered on by the hyena press.  Democracy demands no less, Sir.

Would the next referendum also be just advisory? Would you accept the result if Leave won again? Why should anyone believe you when you have already ignored one referendum?

The people have already spoken Sir. Democracy has already been served.

I voted Remain and I accept the result of the referendum as do millions of other democratic remain voters.

That's the problem with democracy Sir. You don't always get the result you want.

1 hour ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

I reckon we should all have a democratic vote to boot this guy off the site. The information that influences the decision can be based on a bunch of fibs, but rest assured that the outcome will be final. It's democracy.

13 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The fascist understanding.

Say in the future we have another Indyref and Yes wins by a narrow majority. You would expect the result to be implemented.

That's why I called you a fascist. You only want to recognise votes that you win.

To be a true democrat (like myself) you have to accept the results that you lose. You may not like it but you have to accept it.

6 minutes ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

Say in the future we have another Indyref and Yes wins by a narrow majority. You would expect the result to be implemented.

That's why I called you a fascist. You only want to recognise votes that you win.

To be a true democrat (like myself) you have to accept the results that you lose. You may not like it but you have to accept it.

Believe it or not. In a democracy, you're free to keep on campaigning for what you believe in, even if you lose a vote. If we didn't, things would never change. You would have a fascist regime.