Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

May's apparent* treatment by the 1922 committee is quite funny.  May is nocloser to finding a solution to the Irish border issue now than when the Brexit vote took place; the minute she offers more concessions they will turn on her in a pack.

* I say apparent because there are a couple of Tory MPs suggesting that it was not quite as positive as the story being fed to, and carried by, the MSM.  Suggestions that the Tory whips orchestrated parts of it.

Raaaaab saying that a No Deal Brexit will be caused by EU intransigence.  

By that he means that the EU won’t breach the four freedoms that they have said from day one that they wouldn’t breach.

Fucking foreigners!  :angry:

Say in the future we have another Indyref and Yes wins by a narrow majority. You would expect the result to be implemented.

That's why I called you a fascist. You only want to recognise votes that you win.

To be a true democrat (like myself) you have to accept the results that you lose. You may not like it but you have to accept it.

If, for example, a yes vote had been secured on the basis of “Independence in Europe” and for some reason that turned out not to be an option and we were instead looking at becoming a global outcast then I’d think a second referendum would be very much in order.

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If, for example, a yes vote had been secured on the basis of “Independence in Europe” and for some reason that turned out not to be an option and we were instead looking at becoming a global outcast then I’d think a second referendum would be very much in order.

It's fascism though m8. All choices are FINAL.

Even if it's a different set of circumstances resulting in a very different set of choices.

18 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That was the a problem for some in the 2014 Indyref. Whether or not Scotland would remain part of the EU. I voted for independence regardless of actual or imagined perceived risks.

I would still have voted Yes, even if we were thrown out of the EU. I am hard Yes and soft Remain. Above all else I am a democrat and regognise that the majority of people did not want what I wanted.

1 hour ago, moncaidh ruadh said:

That was the a problem for some in the 2014 Indyref. Whether or not Scotland would remain part of the EU. I voted for independence regardless of actual or imagined perceived risks.

I would still have voted Yes, even if we were thrown out of the EU. I am hard Yes and soft Remain. Above all else I am a democrat and regognise that the majority of people did not want what I wanted.

You disagree with the manifesto of the party in govt at Holyrood?  The specific line about no second referendum without a significant change of circumstances and the specific example of Britain leaving the EU being offered? You don't think democracy is being served in these very specific circumstances by the right to invoke the very manifesto upon which the government was democratically elected?

I shouldn't really indulge you, Sir. But I have because there really isn't a better example of democracy in action than a manifesto specifying exactly the circumstances that might cause a second referendum and then being elected upon that manifesto. 

Being removed from the EU after the No campaign very specifically campaigned on retention of EU membership is the greatest example of extraordinary change anyone might reasonably expect  

Your view of democracy holds no substance at all. 

You disagree with the manifesto of the party in govt at Holyrood?  The specific line about no second referendum without a significant change of circumstances and the specific example of Britain leaving the EU being offered? You don't think democracy is being served in these very specific circumstances by the right to invoke the very manifesto upon which the government was democratically elected?
I shouldn't really indulge you, Sir. But I have because there really isn't a better example of democracy in action than a manifesto specifying exactly the circumstances that might cause a second referendum and then being elected upon that manifesto. 
Being removed from the EU after the No campaign very specifically campaigned on retention of EU membership is the greatest example of extraordinary change anyone might reasonably expect  
Your view of democracy holds no substance at all. 
And calling oneself a democrat over and over and over and over and over is either piss poor trolling or a piss poor attempt to strengthen their own opinion.
Its the former (spoiler).

33 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

And calling oneself a democrat over and over and over and over and over is either piss poor trolling or a piss poor attempt to strengthen their own opinion.
Its the former (spoiler).

F*ck sake it is piss poor trolling and folk like you responding to him is encouraging him.

The guy is an obvious troll and a uselessly obvious one at that but people on here keep replying to him.

I like you voted Remain sadly we lost the vote. I am a democrat I accept the result.

You didn't answer the questions because the questions weren't asked in the EU referendum.

We weren't asked about the Single Market.

We weren't asked about the Customs Union.

At no point was a choice over soft or hard Brexit given yet it seems that some on the Brexit side think there is blank cheque to go for hard Brexit.

That's not democracy.

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A lot of Leave voters thought they were getting a soft Brexit. Can remember being treated as a crank by some posters on here at the time for raising the RoI border issue. That wasn't even on the radar for most people when the vote took place

They had no idea what they were going to get, or even what the f**k they voted for. They wouldn't have known what a "soft brexit" meant.

I get fed up repeating on here that in the N.W of England many voted leave because they felt there are too many Indians and Pakistanis in the country now.

23 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

They had no idea what they were going to get, or even what the f**k they voted for. They wouldn't have known what a "soft brexit" meant.

I get fed up repeating on here that in the N.W of England many voted leave because they felt there are too many Indians and Pakistanis in the country now.

Thick c***s.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-open-up-uk-to-migrants-from-commonwealth-jmcdsdf6dv2