Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

6 minutes ago, beefybake said:

I was listening to BBC R4 this morning. They interviewed Lidington... , the May ally. 

About half way in, I realised that what I was hearing wasn't actually an argument for or against anything.

What popped into my mind was that it was ...   'articulate babble'.

The political equivalent of headless chicken mode. 

I find that any statement by a politician that follows "look....." or "I want to be perfectly clear here, and this is important........" all descends into waffle and pointless jargon. The mere fact of implying firmness and clarity at the start of the sentence is seemingly enough to convince the media and the electorate that a clear, rationale point has been made when in fact it has been nothing of the sort. 

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Tbh I think it's better to refer to them as North British, particuarly if they're unrepentant no voters. You can't call yourself Scottish if you said you didn't want Scotland to be a country.

What about people who voted for independence and then to leave the EU?

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

I find that any statement by a politician that follows "look....." or "I want to be perfectly clear here, and this is important........" all descends into waffle and pointless jargon. The mere fact of implying firmness and clarity at the start of the sentence is seemingly enough to convince the media and the electorate that a clear, rationale point has been made when in fact it has been nothing of the sort. 

KingRocketMan II, you need to understand ... :)

Whenever a politician says "clearly" that means it is not.

Maybe it’s time for the SNP to push the issue of a no confidence vote.  Try to secure a parliamentary debate and force Corbyn’s hand.

Even if they are unsuccessful (as they would likely be) it would force Labour to finally address the second referendum option.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
How many different predictions have you made?

Same one all the way through....... Reckon if I say it enough times it will be true. Have a great Christmas GD......

I was pretty sure you were predicting a No Deal not that long ago.  I apologise if I got this wrong.

FWIW I agree with your prediction and want it to happen.

Merry Non-Brexity Christmas to you too.

I was pretty sure you were predicting a No Deal not that long ago.  I apologise if I got this wrong.
Btw, whilst I'm in a festively mood I'd like to say that yes I occasionally wind you up but I really like your posts and you're an asset to this forum.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Btw, whilst I'm in a festively mood I'd like to say that yes I occasionally wind you up but I really like your posts and you're an asset to this forum.

Please do not be nice to me.  I find it difficult to deal with niceness.

You should direct your niceness to welshbairn, he needs a friend.

10 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
How many different predictions have you made?

Same one all the way through....... Reckon if I say it enough times it will be true. Have a great Christmas GD......

I thought you were last saying another vote would be a betrayal of democracy and there would be blood on the streets? Merry Brexmas!