Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Because “normal” AKA back to the way things were pre-2016 was over half a decade of austerity and before that the widespread misery of neoliberal economics and the decline of the welfare state. Is that what you want?

I can only see widespread unemployment and general chaos ensue in the event of a no deal. Is that what you want?

The years of austerity and decline of the welfare state had little to do with the eu.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Quite a bit of anti englishness on this thread for my liking. I'm sure there were a few shiteholes in Scotland that voted leave.

There are 53 (I’m pretty sure) districts in Scotland.  Every one voted Remain though some by a tiny margin.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What about these Moray c***s? @Melanius Mullarkey

I believe the split was close to 50:50 for leave:remain in Moray.   Bottom of the league.

Bunch of Tory teuchter c***s up there mind you.

Voted remain by 0.1%, the twats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

I can only see widespread unemployment and general chaos ensue in the event of a no deal. Is that what you want?
The years of austerity and decline of the welfare state had little to do with the eu.

Again though I don’t think I said that? I only pointed out that there has to be some sort of systemic change regardless of what we end up doing going forward.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I believe the split was close to 50:50 for leave:remain in Moray.   Bottom of the league.

If I remember rightly the Highlands voted leave with Inverness voting remain. These fucking crofter tinks shouldn't get a vote.

Protest vote against the EU?

The majority of folk had no idea about it and/or couldn't give a f**k about it (see the turnout for the elections of MEPs for example) until the media started banging on over it and blaming it for various things, most notably immigrants, as well as spreading various lies and propaganda, and they only really started doing so on a much larger scale because the Tories starting making it an issue to try and deflect from the shambles they and their brothers Labour created.

17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Voted remain by 0.1%, the twats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

Aye, looks like Granny was right.

The majority of folk had no idea about it and/or couldn't give a f**k about it (see the turnout for the elections of MEPs for example) until the media started banging on over it and blaming it for various things, most notably immigrants, as well as spreading various lies and propaganda, and they only really started doing so on a much larger scale because the Tories starting making it an issue to try and deflect from the shambles they and their brothers Labour created.
The irony is that the Highlands is one of the highest recipient of EU funds.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I totally agree with this.  I suspect a lot of people previously had no opinion on the EU at all.  Yes, it served a purpose but how does it affect my daily life - I don't know.
Then the newspapers started attacking the EU and successive governments were too quick to do whatever the newspapers wanted.

"The EU is to blame for everything that is going wrong with your life."
"Oh.  Is that right?  Good bye EU and good riddance."

In years gone by it would have been witches.

Imagine Question Time audience demanding we do something about witches.
"My life is hell.  Witches are to blame.  What is the government doing to burn them all."

"We voted for no witches.  Get rid of them - now."

"I am sick and tired of the witch-loving Metropolitan elite telling us what's good for us.  We don't like witches.  Witches be gone."

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The irony is that the Highlands is one of the highest recipient of EU funds.

Similar to Wales - which voted Leave.

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
6 hours ago, welshbairn said:
If I remember rightly the Highlands voted leave with Inverness voting remain. These fucking crofter tinks shouldn't get a vote.

I think you're more likely to find that a sizeable percentage of the English-born residents of that area (and there is considerable number, especially 40+) voted Leave.

Sorry, the fucking English hippy crofter tinks.

40 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

This tree is very old, therefore brexit is good.

IMG_20190105_205829.thumb.jpg.b31edcb783e128c345ae3b5a52fb9640.jpg

Luckily nobody went to war with olive trees every 25 odd years. What a stupid c**t.

Edited by welshbairn