Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

He has gone "full gammon" with this Tweet...

We actually got the most from the Marshall Plan...

6234476_orig.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan#Expenditures

We didn't exactly spend it wisely, that was the main problem.

Why invest in the likes of transport infrastructure when you can piss it all away on Nuclear armaments so as to pretend to your friends down the club that you're still a big boy with lots of influence and power...........

20 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:
We booked flights to go to Spain on the 30th March.  Can't see there being any issues there......

There will be no issues but the immigration officers will treat you like wankers

The Spanish immigration officers will be fine with you though...................

29 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:
We booked flights to go to Spain on the 30th March.  Can't see there being any issues there......

There will be no issues but the immigration officers will treat you like wankers

He’s a The Rangers supporter so it will be justified.

22 hours ago, strichener said:

The use of "advisory" is tedious and attempts to trivialise the importance of the referendum.  No government was ever going to ignore the result.  The Manifesto pledge of the Conservatives was very specific on this:

As for the obligation on MPs - each member of Labour and the Conservatives stood on a manifesto that promised to respect the result of the referendum.  This is what they should be doing or resign the party whip and become independent.  Of course they won't do this as they would never be re-elected such is our country's obsession with party politics.

You see, I have a problem with using the term tedious in connection with the word ‘advisory’, and I’ll tell you why.  Unlike a ‘binding’ referendum, an advisory one allows people to think that they can take a punt, rebel, kick over the traces, whatever, because once the dust settles politicians will do what politicians do, and that will likely not involve taking the outcome totally at face value, unlike its binding counterpart.   

But don’t accept my word for it.  A few weeks back my cousin and his mate came up here from Herts for a weekend of football and drink, and as the latter flowed chat turned to Brexit.  Blow me if they didn’t both admit to voting Leave as an indulgent act of bravado, never thinking for a minute that their crosses would contribute to the biggest act of national economic self-harm in the modern age.  And quelle surprise, they both now regret their actions, fuckwits that they are – and there are almost certainly hundreds of thousands like them.  A keen observer like yourself must surely recall the body language of Johnson and Gove on 17th June 2016 when they both looked like they had shat themselves, and it was very runny.

I’ll leave it there, other than to  enquire about the line  'And then we will ask the British people whether they want to stay in on this basis, or leave' in your extract from the Conservative manifesto – so when exactly do we get to vote on that proposition?   

19 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

You see, I have a problem with using the term tedious in connection with the word ‘advisory’, and I’ll tell you why.  Unlike a ‘binding’ referendum, an advisory one allows people to think that they can take a punt, rebel, kick over the traces, whatever, because once the dust settles politicians will do what politicians do, and that will likely not involve taking the outcome totally at face value, unlike its binding counterpart.   

But don’t accept my word for it.  A few weeks back my cousin and his mate came up here from Herts for a weekend of football and drink, and as the latter flowed chat turned to Brexit.  Blow me if they didn’t both admit to voting Leave as an indulgent act of bravado, never thinking for a minute that their crosses would contribute to the biggest act of national economic self-harm in the modern age.  And quelle surprise, they both now regret their actions, fuckwits that they are – and there are almost certainly hundreds of thousands like them.  A keen observer like yourself must surely recall the body language of Johnson and Gove on 17th June 2016 when they both looked like they had shat themselves, and it was very runny.

I’ll leave it there, other than to  enquire about the line  'And then we will ask the British people whether they want to stay in on this basis, or leave' in your extract from the Conservative manifesto – so when exactly do we get to vote on that proposition?   

Quote from the Spectator last week.

"Caroline Spelman’s Brexit amendment – saying that Britain should not leave the EU without a deal – has passed in the Commons tonight. The amendment – which won by 318 votes to 310 – displays Parliamentary opposition to a no deal exit, but it is purely advisory and has no legislative force. This means the amendment is not binding on the government. Despite this, the defeat demonstrates the possibility that, as the end of March approaches, parliamentary opposition to no deal could prove enough to prevent Britain crashing out of the EU."

Seems like a contradiction here somewhere !

The referendum was held after David Cameron had negotiated a few wee bits and bobs - that is the deal we were voting on.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I enjoy how the rabid xenophobes believes that England won WW2 and that absolutely no one else did anything.

Indeed. I had some great fun on a couple of pro-Brexit FB pages after Ross Greer's glorious bitch-slapping of Churchill's "greatness". 

I also learned that making a comment about the importance of the T-34 tank in Russia steamrolling the Germans post-Stalingrad was apparently "disrespecting the brave men who lost their lives on the arctic convoys

Every day is a school day. 

Edited by jupe1407