Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Even if Parliament stops Johnson pursuing a No Deal Brexit , the EU still had to agree on a further extension.  They have previously said they would only do so if circumstances changed; that was widely interpreted as there being a GE or second referendum.

I think the EU is getting thoroughly pissed off with the whole process and I’m wondering when they’ll say “enough is enough”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/sep/02/brexit-latest-news-boris-johnson-threatening-to-deselect-tory-rebels-to-provoke-early-election-claims-gauke-live-news?page=with:block-5d6cf94a8f085a442811622c#block-5d6cf94a8f085a442811622c

Corbyn to support a General Election even without legislation to block No Deal. 

He is thick enough that he may not quite understand what he is saying so some backtracking from Labour could be incoming..... "what Jeremy really meant..... "

Seriously Labour to going to the polls in a manner that made No Deal nailed on is, well his fan club will see this as more 4D chess by Corbyn but most would see this as giving the other anti Brexit parties huge open goals to shoot at. 

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Corbyn really talking a load of shite here

The role of the leader is to lead.  Either say "We should definitely stay in the EU"  OR "We should definitely leave".

Every time looks like Labour have established a clear position he goes and says something that makes it unclear.

This is not about whether he is on the left of the party or the right - it is about leadership - giving the impression you really have a plan and know exactly what needs to be done.

19 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

The role of the leader is to lead.  Either say "We should definitely stay in the EU"  OR "We should definitely leave".

Every time looks like Labour have established a clear position he goes and says something that makes it unclear.

This is not about whether he is on the left of the party or the right - it is about leadership - giving the impression you really have a plan and know exactly what needs to be done.

Yeah, I’ve defended Corbyn in the past but he’s a terrible leader.  I’d like to see someone take over who has ability but who wouldn’t be looking to undermine the direction that the Labour Party has taken in recent years.

For me the best option would be Clive Lewis.  Give Starmer a position of authority and bin Abbot (because she’s useless) and Watson (because he’s a devious c**t who shouldn’t be anywhere near the Labour Party).

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah, I’ve defended Corbyn in the past but he’s a terrible leader.  I’d like to see someone take over who has ability but who wouldn’t be looking to undermine the direction that the Labour Party has taken in recent years.

For me the best option would be Clive Lewis.  Give Starmer a position of authority and bin Abbot (because she’s useless) and Watson (because he’s a devious c**t who shouldn’t be anywhere near the Labour Party).

Not for me.

Keir Starmer or Emily Thornberry are the best and most realistic contenders IMO.

Most other countries parliament would be on fire by now and their politicians would be in hiding.
I seen a video, from some Eastern European country, of the people literally throwing the politicians in industrial bins. Pretty fitting for this mob now I'd say.

It’s a pretty meaningless thing in the grand scheme of it, but any word on how Theresa May plans to vote when push comes to shove? She clearly feared No Deal while PM, and Johnson and his cronies ultimately brought her down.

Surely she’s just so spineless as to just vote along with him here?

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Clive Lewis is a w*nker. 

You've forgotten a prime factor of General elections.   Oppositions don't win elections. Governments lose them.   

For me, politically , Corbyn is playing it about right.   Brexit is , and always will be, a clusterfuck.    Every thing that happens, day by day, makes

it obvious in every way that it is a clusterfuck.  And day by day, Johnson and those around him show who and what they are.  

As I said, Corbyn is playing the cards about right. 

1 minute ago, beefybake said:

You've forgotten a prime factor of General elections.   Oppositions don't win elections. Governments lose them.   

No, because when you've got the most unpopular opposition leader in UK political history you lose regardless. 

39 minutes ago, virginton said:

No, because when you've got the most unpopular opposition leader in UK political history you lose regardless. 

Unlike referendums, general elections tend to be about core values.  The values, ( other than views on the independence of Scotland ),

and what will translate into manifestos, of the Labour Party , as led by Corbyn, are very much in tune with what voters now see as right, and sensible.  

BTW, I vote Green.  Labour has zero chance in my rural English shire constituency, and  the LD's will never receive my vote again. 

Edited by beefybake

18 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's impressive that he can simultaneously be historicaly unpopular and also get 12.8m votes in the last election. 

It's impressive that you think that the results of an election held in June 2017 and the results of polls showing the Mumbleclown's all-time low approval figures in August 2019 occurred 'simultaneously': impressively stupid, that is. 

Edited by vikingTON

26 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Unlike referendums, general elections tend to be about core values.  The values, ( other than views on the independence of Scotland ),

and what will translate into manifestos, of the Labour Party , as led by Corbyn, are very much in tune with what voters now see as right, and sensible.  

This is fantasy island nonsense, as borne out by all the polling data on both the Labour Party and its bumbling and incompetent leader in particular. People know what they are getting with the opposition and have already decided that they don't want it. 

I recollect in the last GE, the Scottish Greens basically sat it out and only three candidates.  Should there be an election soon (and it's looking increasingly likely that there will be) what will they do then?  I wonder if there's a possibility that the SNP, Greens and whoever else (are the SSP and Rise still a thing?) might form one big pact and run as an Indyref2 ticket.  Or will they rather stand aside and give their support to the SNP?