Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

There's a few bored and disillusioned old Republicans eager for any excuse to get some youngsters fired up for murder. And likewise in the Loyalist camp. You don't f**k around with this stuff.

The Loyalist's have not responded as yet.

I do remember the time when they said there will never be a Loyalist Backlash.

They were wrong though i don't believe there will be this time tbh.

40 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

The Loyalist's have not responded as yet.

I do remember the time when they said there will never be a Loyalist Backlash.

They were wrong though i don't believe there will be this time tbh.

If the thing ends up with border checks between Belfast and Stranraer, there will definitely be a backlash. It would be surprising if there weren't more than a few itching to get back in the game every time there's a republican bomb or shooting.

36 minutes ago, GordonS said:

If the thing ends up with border checks between Belfast and Stranraer, there will definitely be a backlash. It would be surprising if there weren't more than a few itching to get back in the game every time there's a republican bomb or shooting.

There already are surely? ID checks at the ferry and airports and spot checks on cargo? If the DUP weren't so hung up on it the backstop could be solved fairly easily, apart from rampant smuggling on the island itself.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There already are surely? ID checks at the ferry and airports and spot checks on cargo? If the DUP weren't so hung up on it the backstop could be solved fairly easily, apart from rampant smuggling on the island itself.

I thought the ID info on the ferries was just maritime/ company stuff, no? 

16 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I thought the ID info on the ferries was just maritime/ company stuff, no? 

I got questioned by Special Branch last time. It was a while ago though. I'd have thought it would still be a step up from Cal Mac though, basic security and random or information led spot checks. Even now there's cross border smuggling in fuel, and tobacco intended for the mainland market. No doubt people smuggling too. If security was stepped up a bit people would hardly notice, especially at the airports. A lot less than manned checkpoints on the land border anyway.

Edited by welshbairn

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I travel on the Stena about six times a year and have done for over ten years.

Not once have i been asked for I.D. 

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You make that sound like a bad thing...

35 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

I travel on the Stena about six times a year and have done for over ten years.

Not once have i been asked for I.D. 

It would make no significant difference to you if they did though, presumably you already have to show your ticket, and they could check lorries on board. Compared to setting up a land border it would be barely noticeable. 

39 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It would make no significant difference to you if they did though, presumably you already have to show your ticket, and they could check lorries on board. Compared to setting up a land border it would be barely noticeable. 

They don't even ask for a Ticket/ Booking Ref.  sometimes as they pick up your details driving up to the Check in Booth.

Security is a lot stricter coming from Scotland to N. Ire. than other direction.

Car searching at times for example.

9 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Announcing a judgement against the establishment? He'd be quietly assassinated.

The basic rule of British justice is that the richer person wins.

From recent news headlines. Poor woman murders her two children. 35 years. Affluent woman murders her two children. 10 years. Black kids in London get convicted of joint enterprise murder despite not handling a weapon. White public school boy in Manchester carries knife in order to commit robbery and fatally stabs someone in the heart. Not guilty. The Shoreham air show is obviously the prime example. 

The idea that a court challenges a decision by the Queen is laughable. It reminds me  of upper middle class Americans believing that Mueller was going to arrest Trump. So much money, so little clue. 

Joanna Cherry, Jolyon Melt and Gina Miller surely don't actually believe that a British judge is going to over rule the Queen or cross examine the PM?

For Cherry etc its a great way to show just how removed from the decision making process Scotland and it’s people are. Then when it comes to indy 2 we can list everything we tried which was gleefully swept aside by the UK. Win or lose the court case it contributes to the argument for independence. A hard brexit pretty much guarantees it. The only way indy 2 is defeated is brexit being scrapped.