Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think a little context is required here.

At present the UK imports about 500tons of beef from Australia.
Even if this was increased 10times to 5000tons it is still peanuts as a proportion of UK annual consumption of around 1mn tons.

People will look for anything to moan about if it fits their cause.

Fact is that the Tories have shit on the Farmers and Fishermen who historically were part of the their core support outwith the home counties

The silver lining is that many of the farmers in Scotland will now vote Yes for Independence, given that they will regain access to the EU and the biggest trading bloc in the world.

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm not a Brexit supporter in the slightest and would prefer we could roll the clock back to 2016.

Your voting for Brexit-supporting parties and sharing the posts of far-right, Brexit-loving Europhobes and Islamophobes gives the lie to this. You couldn’t be more of a far-right separatist if you had a burning EU flag in your garden.

4 minutes ago, bendan said:

They are indeed, but it's still sh*te to say they saw Brexit as an opportunity to export more *to the UK* as has been claimed.

From reports it would appear that Irish exports to the uk have dropped by 12% since Brexit as the Irish are looking at other lucrative markets.

Another side of Brexit is that the Cost of Living for the uk is set to rise by £206.00 per household, that reflects a 10% rise.

2 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Your voting for Brexit-supporting parties and sharing the posts of far-right, Brexit-loving Europhobes and Islamophobes gives the lie to this. You couldn’t be more of a far-right separatist if you had a burning EU flag in your garden.

Where have you been, mate?  Ages since you've regaled me with such a diatribe.

I'd like to say that I missed you...

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Another side of Brexit is that the Cost of Living for the uk is set to rise by £206.00 per household, that reflects a 10% rise.

This is Natteromics at its finest.  No baseline to judge it by - just hysteria.

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Where have you been, mate?  Ages since you've regaled me with such a diatribe.

I'd like to say that I missed you...

I’m sure about as much as I missed you during that wee spell when you were...

A) At Her Majesty’s pleasure for disseminating hate speech?

B) “Between” service gigs at the local golf clubs, and huffing paint thinner from bin bags on the gold-paved streets of the south.

C) Regaling the psychiatric nurses with tales of the mythical wealth and prestige you accrued after you escaped Jockistan?

36 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Fact is that the Tories have shit on the Farmers and Fishermen who historically were part of the their core support outwith the home counties

The silver lining is that many of the farmers in Scotland will now vote Yes for Independence, given that they will regain access to the EU and the biggest trading bloc in the world.

😂

Never change. 

17 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I’m sure about as much as I missed you during that wee spell when you were...

A) At Her Majesty’s pleasure for disseminating hate speech?

B) “Between” service gigs at the local golf clubs, and huffing paint thinner from bin bags on the gold-paved streets of the south.

C) Regaling the psychiatric nurses with tales of the mythical wealth and prestige you accrued after you escaped Jockistan?

Fanciful and vacuous.- but a fair reflection of your politics.

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Fanciful and vacuous.- but a fair reflection of your politics.

Preferable I suppose to being racist and xenophobic, which is - as your posting history shows - the kind of politics you favour.

45 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

From reports it would appear that Irish exports to the uk have dropped by 12% since Brexit as the Irish are looking at other lucrative markets.

Yes,  the cost of living, inflation, will rise for every country in the world, primarily due to money printing due to Covid and, very importantly, the rise in the oil price.

Nothing to do with Brexit.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Won’t happen.  They’re just another sub-group of Tory voters who will vote against their own self interests.  There are millions of similar masochists in Englandshire who think that because they own their own homes have houses with big mortgages that they have more in common with Johnson, Gove, Patel, Raaaaab and Rees-Mogg than they do with folk more similar to them.

39 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Delicious.

Have you run out of epithets yet?

Only until you resort to sharing some more of your far-right Twitter pals’ posts (assuming they haven’t all been banned for extremism). 

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

According to the Guardian a maximum ten fold increase would give 17500 tons. Still very small.

Have you added an extra zero?

According to the Australian Govenment:

"Beef tariffs will be eliminated after ten years. During the transition period, Australia will have immediate access to a duty-free quota of 35,000 tonnes, rising in equal instalments to 110,000 tonnes in year 10.

In the subsequent five years a safeguard will apply on beef imports exceeding a further volume threshold rising in equal instalments to 170,000 tonnes, levying a tariff safeguard duty of 20 per cent for the rest of the calendar year."

https://www.trademinister.gov.au/minister/dan-tehan/media-release/new-free-trade-agreement-deliver-jobs-and-business-opportunities-australia-and-united-kingdom

That's twice the Guardian's figure in the first year alone, rising to nearly 10 times their figure by year 15

Incidentally, these figures do not include Australian lamb exports - only beef.

Perhaps you want to reflect on your belief in anything that the corrupt UK government (and their friends in the media) tell you?

Oh, and it's "tonnes", not "tons". Have you not noticed that we went metric, or do you just like living in the past?

10 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Oh, and it's "tonnes", not "tons". Have you not noticed that we went metric, or do you just like living in the past?

The difference between 'tons'and 'tonnes' is so marginal that only the aggrieved many such as you would make an issue of it.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The difference between 'tons'and 'tonnes' is so marginal that only the aggrieved many such as you would make an issue of it.

Erm, I'm actually giving DPB some encouragement. The Imperial Ton is heavier than the metric"equivalent", so imports will be less than he thinks - around 2700 tonnes less in fact.

That "marginal" amount is nearly 5 times the UK's current beef imports from Australia.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is Natteromics at its finest.  No baseline to judge it by - just hysteria.

It's happening as you bleat, even at daily living you can see shop prices rising fast, being an avid cyclist you obviously would have missed the recent rise at the pumps.

The shave foam I bought in Dec at £1.00 is now retailing at £1.69 in the same shop.

There's a lot of sneaky price rises going on as retailers strive to recoup revenues and cover Covid related costs.

Edited by SandyCromarty