Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

19 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

We’ve already established that Peppino is literally going to flee the country and live in exile if another democratic vote doesn’t go his way.

I didn't say I'd flee anything, I think you need to invest in a dictionary and look up what flee, exile and craven actually mean.  I would be making a choice to leave a country being taken in a direction I don't agree with.

It labels you a fantasist. You’re professing to espouse a nonexistent position, whilst supporting a party that volubly denies that position. In your continued and unalloyed support of UK unionism, you’ve turned your back on European unionism. The two are mutually exclusive positions. In the wake of the EU referendum, you can only support one or the other, because the two are pulling in diametrically opposed directions.
Once again, Rob: unionism means Brexit. Has that sunk in yet?

ETA: where did willie label you a “coward”?

He didn’t, I was referring to the general use of the word ‘Craven’ on here.

12 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I'll add it in if it helps?

Not facing the reality of the choices and choosing to believe something is available when it is not is a form of cowardice. Cognitive dissonance implies an intellectual cowardice but i shied away from using the word intellectual when referencing Rob :P

I think you and NTP really need to look up the definition of the word craven.  Saying things like long may they reign over us, as you did about the royal family, and being delighted for Scotland's democratic wishes to be completely ignored, as you always are, is also craven. My words are not.

Subservience to unelected billionaires is something you celebrate, and moves to defy the democratic will of the country you live in you support.  That's craven Wes. You're craven.

“The Long May they Reign” was clearly said tongue in cheek. I think I said at the time that the Royals don’t ‘reign’ over any of us in our day to day lives and also that the civil list should be abolished for the dependents of a ceremonial figurehead.
The Ref was a completely democratic decision. Your continual tearful ranting won’t change that. You’ll simply have to wait for a 2nd vote, which looks increasingly likely. Again, if that goes the way of independence I’ll live with it. I don’t see what can be deemed as Craven on either view.
The EU Ref was a complete f*ck up and yes I’m at a loss as to how things will work out from here.

It labels you a fantasist. You’re professing to espouse a nonexistent position, whilst supporting a party that volubly denies that position. In your continued and unalloyed support of UK unionism, you’ve turned your back on European unionism. The two are mutually exclusive positions. In the wake of the EU referendum, you can only support one or the other, because the two are pulling in diametrically opposed directions.
Once again, Rob: unionism means Brexit. Has that sunk in yet?

I think you’re forgetting the strategy of centrist unionists to stop Brexit: Corbyn has a heart attack and Chuku Umunna sneaks into the leadership while the left are at Corbyn’s funeral.

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think you’re forgetting the strategy of centrist unionists to stop Brexit: Corbyn has a heart attack and Chuku Umunna sneaks into the leadership while the left are at Corbyn’s funeral.

Slight problem with this fantasy is labour still wouldn't be in power.

23 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

“The Long May they Reign” was clearly said tongue in cheek. I think I said at the time that the Royals don’t ‘reign’ over any of us in our day to day lives and also that the civil list should be abolished for the dependents of a ceremonial figurehead.
The Ref was a completely democratic decision. Your continual tearful ranting won’t change that. You’ll simply have to wait for a 2nd vote, which looks increasingly likely. Again, if that goes the way of independence I’ll live with it. I don’t see what can be deemed as Craven on either view.
The EU Ref was a complete f*ck up and yes I’m at a loss as to how things will work out from here.

BiB, so you’re a Brexiteer, because that’s the price of unionism. That’s all that’s been pointed out to you. The fact that you admit you’re willing for Scotland to endure a “complete f**k up” purely to satisfy your UK fetishism is what makes you craven, I suspect.

I've avoided this topic but as a "remainer" i do however support the right of thick people to vote stuff through as a majority and expect to see it delivered.Democracy takes no account of intelligent decisions it's purely a "show of hands" process.I would fear for democracy if it is just set aside by self appointed "more intelligent" people. I don't know the solution bar voting to go back in decades later. In the early 70s at primary i performed a selection of songs from Common Market countries to celebrate Britains entry to the aforementioned "market" with my fellow pupils to an audience of parents and teachers. I feel betrayed now especially as we had to wear shorts and a cravat to look "European".It still hurts.

3 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I've avoided this topic but as a "remainer" i do however support the right of thick people to vote stuff through as a majority and expect to see it delivered.Democracy takes no account of intelligent decisions it's purely a "show of hands" process.I would fear for democracy if it is just set aside by self appointed "more intelligent" people. I don't know the solution bar voting to go back in decades later. In the early 70s at primary i performed a selection of songs from Common Market countries to celebrate Britains entry to the aforementioned "market" with my fellow pupils to an audience of parents and teachers. I feel betrayed now especially as we had to wear shorts and a cravat to look "European".It still hurts.

I bet you do...

BiB, so you’re a Brexiteer, because that’s the price of unionism. That’s all that’s been pointed out to you. The fact that you admit you’re willing for Scotland to endure a “complete f**k up” purely to satisfy your UK fetishism is what makes you craven, I suspect.

Hmm, slight twist on things there. The EU Ref is indeed a ‘f**k up’ for the whole Union (not just Scotland) there are millions who still think differently unfortunately.
Does it make sense to break up the UK in response to that? No I don’t think that it does. I think that’s a fairly reasonable standpoint. I’ve said countless times that it’s a difficult position for Pro EU Unionists across the UK, but the answer isn’t to simply throw in the towel with the separatists eagerly waiting in the wings to feast on the carrion.
Craven or cowardly doesn’t come in to it. This isn’t over by a long chalk, there is a way back and still time for the tide to turn.

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

Hmm, slight twist on things there. The EU Ref is indeed a ‘f**k up’ for the whole Union (not just Scotland) there are millions who still think differently unfortunately.
Does it make sense to break up the UK in response to that? No I don’t think that it does. I think that’s a fairly reasonable standpoint. I’ve said countless times that it’s a difficult position for Pro EU Unionists across the UK, but the answer isn’t to simply throw in the towel with the separatists eagerly waiting in the wings to feast on the carrion.
Craven or cowardly doesn’t come in to it. This isn’t over by a long chalk, there is a way back and still time for the tide to turn.

It’s not a difficult position. It’s a non existent position. The UK, led by your BritNat party, is leaving the EU. You think this will be calamitous, but you want Scotland to sink with it, because the UK union must survive no matter its fuckups as a unitary state.

You have thrown in your lot with the separatists actively negotiating separation (badly), because you have what plenty here see as a craven servility to the UK plc. Even when it’s reducing Scotland to carrion, you’d rather espouse a nonexistent position than dream of actually considering Scotland achieving sovereignty.

14 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Another craven one, Scotland should have to endure something you opposed and admit will be damaging for our economy for 'decades' (your word) just cause you're a British nationalist and independence is unthinkable.  Utterly craven.  There is an obvious solution for Scotland, but British nationalists like you can't countenance it.

12 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Rob don't pretend there's any thought at all goes into it on your part, you admitted yourself it's union above everything, at all costs, so don't pretend it's anything other than blind nationalism from a raging britnat.

It’s not a difficult position. It’s a non existent position. The UK, led by your BritNat party, is leaving the EU. You think this will be calamitous, but you want Scotland to sink with it, because the UK union must survive no matter its fuckups as a unitary state.
You have thrown in your lot with the separatists actively negotiating separation (badly), because you have what plenty here see as a craven servility to the UK plc. Even when it’s reducing Scotland to carrion, you’d rather espouse a nonexistent position than dream of actually considering Scotland achieving sovereignty.

It is indeed a calamitous mess, the Union will survive however and Scotland will retain its existing place as part of a sovereign nation until it decides to go it alone. Now isn’t the time to start digging at the foundations whilst others are trying to put the roof back on.

Yes.

You don’t imagine that might create even more chaos and instability than we are currently experiencing!!? Not just now thanks, you’ll get another turn. And IF Scotland again decides to stay put, what’s your next move Willie?