Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Helen Lewis’s answer to the current British political crisis as she sees is it is an Emmanuel Macron figure based almost solely on the fact he gave a good interview on Andrew Marr.

The answer to the current crisis is for someone to put country before party and slam the brakes on the fucking thing.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re right enough.  It’s only the prospect  of that’s keeping the car industry going.  If it wasn’t for Brexit the whole of British industry would have closed already.  The only factory left open would be the one making the rose coloured glasses that you are so fond of

The car I bought last year was apparently built in the US. I can't say that I noticed the tariff.

I also don't believe the EU will stick any tariffs on goods which will adversely affect the inward trade to the UK.

Unlike so many on here, I don't know for certain what will happen. I just don't believe all the scare stories.

12 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

The car I bought last year was apparently built in the US. I can't say that I noticed the tariff.

I also don't believe the EU will stick any tariffs on goods which will adversely affect the inward trade to the UK.

Unlike so many on here, I don't know for certain what will happen. I just don't believe all the scare stories.

It's not just the risk of tariffs, it's bureaucracy, multiple sets of regulations and border congestion for a to and fro supply chain. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's not just the risk of tariffs, it's bureaucracy, multiple sets of regulations and border congestion for a to and fro supply chain. 

Which would damage the EU trade as well as ours so why would they make it difficult for both sides. I'm of the opinion that not much will have changed in terms of trade if Brexit ever happens. I'm hoping that not much changes in terms of immigration either but that will not please the rabid right wing nutters who voted for a closed doors policy to match their closed minds. Given how much of the UK's GDP growth in recent years that was solely down to an increase in the population I'd hope that they'd see sense and come to some sort of Euro fudge like they almost always do.

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yep. JIT supply will be f*cked which is why Nissan etc. will pull out of the UK

45 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Which would damage the EU trade as well as ours so why would they make it difficult for both sides. I'm of the opinion that not much will have changed in terms of trade if Brexit ever happens. I'm hoping that not much changes in terms of immigration either but that will not please the rabid right wing nutters who voted for a closed doors policy to match their closed minds. Given how much of the UK's GDP growth in recent years that was solely down to an increase in the population I'd hope that they'd see sense and come to some sort of Euro fudge like they almost always do.

It would damage our trade with 27 countries, they would just have a tiresome blip with one. It's us who are saying we will no longer abide by European rules and courts, external trade treaties and freedom of movement. The Brexiteers blaming a bullying EU is farcical. The only fudge that could work is an EU reform involving limits on free movement, which France has hinted at, and the UK declares a great victory and remains full members. 

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Do you think Aberdeen will reach the Champions League finals next season or get put out at the semi-final stage?

27 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

My mates likely to be redundant soon and as an ex customs officer is seeing BREXIT as a real positive move in him getting a new job.Surely this balances out the negatives for all the "moaning minnies"..

Good luck to him. It's a massive waste of cash and resources on the macro level but we may as well make sure that as many people benefit from it as possible while we are at it.

My worry is that the fuckers in charge aren't even going to derive that benefit for the plebs. I'm not sure they've even worked out that there might need to be extra controls at the borders. 18 months on. Arseholes.

11 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

My mates likely to be redundant soon and as an ex customs officer is seeing BREXIT as a real positive move in him getting a new job.Surely this balances out the negatives for all the "moaning minnies"..

:1eye I'm not so sure that your mates good fortune balances out the loss of highly skilled people in medical science and research and many other fields?

Maybe in LaLa land or Narnia.

13 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

^^^^ “When Hitler was defeated all the folk in the Zyklon B factory lost their jobs” type post.

17 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

May talking about not letting ideology get in the way of co-operation????

Irony upon irony.

Folk criticise Johnson and Gove for political manoeuvring but May’s position on Brexit has been more cynical than either of them.  She was willing to sacrifice any commitment or personal belief in order to get and retain the PM job.  Any utterance beyond that must be viewed in that light.

In short, there is no irony, hypocrisy or contradiction of hers that will surprise me.  She is devoid of scruples and principles.