Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

44 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What’s your next step if Scotland votes no in another referendum?

That's democracy champ. We at least deserve the choice.  People who still wanted independence would be free to campaign for it but, as with 2014, we would have to respect the result.  

Though personally I would probably move abroad, I may be moving to America anyway so would probably accelerate that.  I kind of made a deal with myself after 2014 if Scotland votes no again I will emigrate.

That's democracy champ. We at least deserve the choice.  People who still wanted independence would be free to campaign for it but, as with 2014, we would have to respect the result.  
Though personally I would probably move abroad, I may be moving to America anyway so would probably accelerate that.  I kind of made a deal with myself after 2014 if Scotland votes no again I will emigrate.
Genuine question. If Scotland voted No again would you completely wash your hands with Scotland.?

4 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Sounds pretty craven to me, "champ".

30 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
35 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Genuine question. If Scotland voted No again would you completely wash your hands with Scotland.?

I don't know, I don't think I'd live here again or follow the football team etc. 

I think if we vote no again Scotland will be gradually airbrushed from history and wiped off the map anyway so probably wouldn't need to.  You're already seeing Westminster's colonialism in overdrive conducting cultural appropriation and suppression to that end.

But you can only really tell how you'd feel at the time.  What would you do?

I don't know, I don't think I'd live here again or follow the football team etc. 
I think if we vote no again Scotland will be gradually airbrushed from history and wiped off the map anyway so probably wouldn't need to.  You're already seeing Westminster's colonialism in overdrive conducting cultural appropriation and suppression to that end.

It would be majorly embarrassing. I am a duel citizen ie I'm Irish as well due to my mother. (Can't stand their rugby team). I would definitely still class myself as Scottish and support our teams but it would be very difficult to try and defend our position as subordinates, shitebags and lap dogs.

2 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You probably need to look up the definition of the word then.

Giving up after two recent democratic votes and fleeing the country with your tail between your legs while we're apparently airbrushed from history sounds pretty cowardly to me, champ.

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Giving up after two recent democratic votes and fleeing the country with your tail between your legs while we're apparently airbrushed from history sounds pretty cowardly to me, champ.

10 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
15 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

It would be majorly embarrassing. I am a duel citizen ie I'm Irish as well due to my mother. (Can't stand their rugby team). I would definitely still class myself as Scottish and support our teams but it would be very difficult to try and defend our position as subordinates, shitebags and lap dogs.

It would be embarrassing especially being half Irish.  My sister is married to an Irish guy and you can tell they're a bit perplexed they don't understand why we would vote no but refrain from taking the piss as they know its a sensitive issue

It would be embarrassing especially being half Irish.  My sister is married to an Irish guy and you can tell they're a bit perplexed they don't understand why we would vote no but refrain from taking the piss as they know its a sensitive issue
Some of my cousins most certainly don't refrain. Continually take the piss.

Well I can live with your opprobrium big man, much as it pains me.

I can’t be arsed trawling back through your post history Pep, but I’m pretty sure you (and others tbf) had some ‘choice’ words to describe those who threatened to leave these shores if Scotland had voted Yes. That you would walk away and abandon your whole life in Scotland if the result was repeated, speaks volumes doesn’t it.

I personally wouldn’t label you a snivelling hypocrite, but some might?

Chin Chin old boy!

Looks like you might be right

Im in the states (well leaving tonight) so my newsfeed is sporadic with UK news, what’s it saying? Theresa May is a fucking moron, putting her own political career before the well being of 60 million people. I truly despise the tories.

The only positive being it’ll strengthen the case for Scottish Indy, if we voted no now then we deserve absolutely everything they throw at us and take from us.

Im in the states (well leaving tonight) so my newsfeed is sporadic with UK news, what’s it saying? Theresa May is a fucking moron, putting her own political career before the well being of 60 million people. I truly despise the tories.
The only positive being it’ll strengthen the case for Scottish Indy, if we voted no now then we deserve absolutely everything they throw at us and take from us.
Was watching the sky news press preview. Few headlines on Sunday papers stating that the UK are going it alone with trade deals and that Barnier is too heavy handed so can basically f**k off.
Anyways safe trip mate.

8 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

if we voted no now then we deserve absolutely everything they throw at us and take from us.

We will though. TM could pass a Welfare Reform bill allowing the government to cut state pension, for example, by 50% and most of these daft fuckers would still blame the SNP for not stopping it and vote "no" in disgust. 

I had quite an amusing debate with my pal's parents a couple of weeks back. His sister has long term mental health problems, was on DLA and got f**k all when re-assessed for PIP. They'd asked for a bit of advice on how to go about appealing etc, which soon turned into "I thought the SNP were changing all this" (they're both massive Tories). After briefly trying to explain the  need to set up a new Social Security Agency, employ staff, get reforms to the assessment process through Holyrood etc, they weren't having it and it was quite simply Nicola Sturgeon's fault that their daughter had been fucked off of DLA and was not £140 a week worse off. 

Pointing out that they were essentially blaming the SNP for failing to protect her from the policies of the party they voted for got quite an interesting response :lol:

We will though. TM could pass a Welfare Reform bill allowing the government to cut state pension, for example, by 50% and most of these daft fuckers would still blame the SNP for not stopping it and vote "no" in disgust. 
I had quite an amusing debate with my pal's parents a couple of weeks back. His sister has long term mental health problems, was on DLA and got f**k all when re-assessed for PIP. They'd asked for a bit of advice on how to go about appealing etc, which soon turned into "I thought the SNP were changing all this" (they're both massive Tories). After briefly trying to explain the  need to set up a new Social Security Agency, employ staff, get reforms to the assessment process through Holyrood etc, they weren't having it and it was quite simply Nicola Sturgeon's fault that their daughter had been fucked off of DLA and was not £140 a week worse off. 
Pointing out that they were essentially blaming the SNP for failing to protect her from the policies of the party they voted for got quite an interesting response :lol:

Your pals parents sound like really well educated and entirely non ignorant people. I trust a boot in the pie was deployed?