Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

The Chlamydia Kid on here is a great example of someone who happily votes against his economic interests because he thinks electing in a left wing party is going to lead to him being crushed under the boot of a trans immigrant demanding he accepts he has to be horny for her.
Not to mention Eastern Europeans lifting couches up tenement flats

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

What is less funny is the number of “ordinary working people” who would still vote Tory with that troika  at the helm.

That's your ordinary working racist selfish bigot c**t you're talking about. 

47 minutes ago, bob the tank said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I read something yesterday, which surprised me a wee bit. Apparently no plans have been drawn up or applications applied for to build the infrastructure required for transport parking and customs buildings etc, which will certainly be needed at ports all across England when the tariffs kick in, and documentation and transport  will all have to be  physically checked. The article also said that nothing has been done about recruiting extra customs staff, who would require training before the omnishambles rolls out.

I don't think that's entirely true. From what I know, there is extensive planning in hand. What might be trickier is implementation.  Part of the planning will almost certainly involve encouraging the use of ports other than Dover for entering and exiting the country.  Simply trying to create a massive infrastructure around Dover port isn't going to work without flattening a decent sized chunk of the town, knocking down some cliffs or getting the whole fucking thing into the sea (so to speak).

1 hour ago, bob the tank said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I read something yesterday, which surprised me a wee bit. Apparently no plans have been drawn up or applications applied for to build the infrastructure required for transport parking and customs buildings etc, which will certainly be needed at ports all across England when the tariffs kick in, and documentation and transport  will all have to be  physically checked. The article also said that nothing has been done about recruiting extra customs staff, who would require training before the omnishambles rolls out.

You don't appreciate how clever these people are!
"No plan" is the plan!
Absolutely brilliant.

The EU will be so appalled at our lack of planning and forward thinking and the chaos that will ensure that they will feel totally obliged to think a solution that will just absolutely work.

Genius!

1 hour ago, bob the tank said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm surprised that you're surprised.

2 hours ago, bob the tank said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Planning and building for the worst scenario would cost billions.

the-three-monkeys-cafe.jpg

I imagine there are dozens of headline writers who are desperately hoping she will go sometime between April and June.

As a Daniel Avery* fan I used to pray for a Moyes purple patch so I could tweet “Moyes Flies High” for a cool ten retweets. Imagine my shock when he would become exclusively shite for the rest of his career.

*He has a tune where a disembodied voice says “noise flies high”

42 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

I wasn't really, but they might at least have made some half hearted attempt to further their deception of the frothing brexiteer bigots.

It’s the self deception that I find intriguing.  Some of them may believe their own rhetoric but there must be many who appreciate how bad things are likely to become.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s the self deception that I find intriguing.  Some of them may believe their own rhetoric but there must be many who appreciate how bad things are likely to become.

It might be bad, but to an offshoring, multi directorship, member of parliament who can cut his employees wages and do away with their terms and conditions, it'll be nirvana.

EU to punish the UK during transition period if they try and break any transition rules. Ireland wanting reassurance on border; not some trumped up word speak we got before Christmas. David Davis saying he didn't think it would be this difficult whilst winking at the camera. May about to be rolled aside by the 3 amigos. UK is a fucking laughing stock..

Brexit [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Who won the bleeding war parp parp [emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]

EU to punish the UK during transition period if they try and break any transition rules. Ireland wanting reassurance on border; not some trumped up word speak we got before Christmas. David Davis saying he didn't think it would be this difficult whilst winking at the camera. May about to be rolled aside by the 3 amigos. UK is a fucking laughing stock..
Brexit [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Who won the bleeding war parp parp [emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]

We're all fucked [emoji38]

I still can't get my head round why there isn't a bigger out cry over not being in the Customs Union.  This could potentially collapse the Good Friday Agreement and  ensure there is a hard border again. 

Return of the troubles? .... United Ireland?....  Nothing to worry about?... 

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

I still can't get my head round why there isn't a bigger out cry over not being in the Customs Union.  This could potentially collapse the Good Friday Agreement and  ensure there is a hard border again. 

Return of the troubles? .... United Ireland?....  Nothing to worry about?... 

The whole issue of a hard border was kicked into the long grass at the end of last year to allow negotiations to get to the next stage.  Personally I’m surprised the EU negotiators allowed that to happen.

However it was always going to re-emerge and is arguably the most difficult political and logistical of the three key issues that still need resolved.

As you say, no customs union = hard border.  I don’t see any way around that.