Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
6 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:
The UK champ.  And in international law freedom fighters are 100% okay.  Only the colonists view them as terrorists.  Their behaviour was much better than the UK's and loyalists btw.

Is that some sort of "Pep's Law"...or official and I'm really disappointed with the "champ" reference I thought we had turned a corner there. "100% okay" is that an actual quote from said "international law" ? I smell shi..

Yes that's from international law champ.  The Palestinians resisting Israeli occupation for example are breaking no laws.

13 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Were there any republican "baddies" or was being republican a sort of "free pass" for any behaviour whatsoever ? Just wondering..

Obviously these dammned American republicans were baddies. They rebelled against their lawful King, George III, placed by God himself above them. Evil splitters.

Yes that's from international law champ.  The Palestinians resisting Israeli occupation for example are breaking no laws.

Blowing up pubs was fair game? I’m off to those shiteholes in Royal Exchange Square, then. I’ll claim I’m fighting oppression from the Gammons.

Just now, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

So the guys that bombed the pubs weren’t “freedom fighters”?

Arguably yes, but that's a criminal act.  Targeting the agents of oppression is totally fine, a pub is not one of them. Though the gfa exonerated them btw.

Only in the UK the home of colonialism would people even question this stuff, these are very basic long established tenets of international law, resisting illegal occupation is 100% fine and actually protected in the un charter.

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Aye cause we'd colonised it in order to try to steal it.  You need to go further back champ, our colonialism started long before that.

I was under the impression that Northern Ireland was colonized to create a wedge between the Gaelic speakers of the North (i.e. what is now the Highlands of Scotland) and the Gaelic speakers of the South (i.e. what is now the Republic of Ireland).  Typically these settlers were Protestants from the Scottish lowlands for whom the countryside of Northern Ireland looked similar to where they were from.

Arguably yes, but that's a criminal act.  Targeting the agents of oppression is totally fine, a pub is not one of them. Though the gfa exonerated them btw.
Only in the UK the home of colonialism would people even question this stuff, these are very basic long established tenets of international law, resisting illegal occupation is 100% fine and actually protected in the un charter.

So the act defines whether they are freedom fighters or not? You intimated they were all 100% fine to do what they did, but now you’ve changed the goalposts.

As me and Archie Bell have already said, tighten up, champ.

So the act defines whether they are freedom fighters or not? You intimated they were all 100% fine to do what they did, but now you’ve changed the goalposts.

As me and Archie Bell have already said, tighten up, champ.

No I didn't.  I said resisting occupation in your own country is legal.  Bombing a pub in another country is not doing that.

No I didn't.  I said resisting occupation in your own country is legal.  Bombing a pub in another country is not doing that.

No you didn’t. You said freedom fighters are 100% legitimised under international law. Anyway, who cares? No point in arguing semantics. I was merely trying to make a joke about my hatred for The Social or whatever it is called these days.

6 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I was under the impression that Northern Ireland was colonized to create a wedge between the Gaelic speakers of the North (i.e. what is now the Highlands of Scotland) and the Gaelic speakers of the South (i.e. what is now the Republic of Ireland).  Typically these settlers were Protestants from the Scottish lowlands for whom the countryside of Northern Ireland looked similar to where they were from.

Partly, also England had been attacked from Ulster several times by France too

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantation_of_Ulster

No you didn’t. You said freedom fighters are 100% legitimised under international law. Anyway, who cares? No point in arguing semantics. I was merely trying to make a joke about my hatred for The Social or whatever it is called these days.

They are.  People bombing pubs in England are not freedom fighters.

I'm actually looking forward to some gammon civil unrest. Street protests will be an excellent recreation of Village of the Damned, long overdue a remake imo.

Charles and Di’s wedding street party meets an Eddy Hearn boxing night. Sounds fantastic. Cocaine, heart attacks and plastic chairs everywhere.

26 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

What if the majority in your own country don't consider it occupation, and would rather everything stayed the same? If you disagree you have the right to shoot policemen and soldiers trying uphold the way it is because of "but 400 years ago likes"?

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What if the majority in your own country don't consider it occupation, and would rather everything stayed the same? If you disagree you have the right to shoot policemen and soldiers trying uphold the way it is because of "but 400 years ago likes"?

International law decides that.  By the same token you can't illegally invade, occupy and colonise somewhere then when people make an issue of it say but we've been here for ages.  That doesn't make the colonialism legal or legitimate.