Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

28 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The interview with the Leave.EU CEO on the radio was everything you'd expect.

"He lives here, he pays tax here, he can do what he likes with his money" - absolute desperation.

The issue is was it his money?  It’s the source of the money that is being investigated.

and nobody cares about this

Really?
The result is the result, absolutely but I reckon this is could be fascinating. The investigation on him a while ago...money spent on diamond mines with no diamonds. Money generated from insurance firms that didn’t appear to be delivering that much in the way of profits. The man made the largest political donation in the UK and you don’t think anyone cares about where the money has come from?
Money, sex and chocolate - people are always interested.

Really?
The result is the result, absolutely but I reckon this is could be fascinating. The investigation on him a while ago...money spent on diamond mines with no diamonds. Money generated from insurance firms that didn’t appear to be delivering that much in the way of profits. The man made the largest political donation in the UK and you don’t think anyone cares about where the money has come from?
Fair point but unfortunately it won't change anything

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Really?

Absolutely true, but the only people who care about this are people who want the referendum result overturned. 

I checked the Brexit supporting, right-wing newspaper websites and the story wasn't even mentioned.

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The issue is was it his money?  It’s the source of the money that is being investigated.

That's true, but her interview was glorious.

If it had been a post on here, it would have got the full verge of tears, whataboutery, deflection, etc treatment. Wonderful.

8 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Absolutely true, but the only people who care about this are people who want the referendum result overturned. 

I checked the Brexit supporting, right-wing newspaper websites and the story wasn't even mentioned.

It's on the front page of today's Daily Mail.

Yes, I was also shocked at this.

16 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I heard a report on the radio last night about the amount of donations to the Leave Campaign and the legal limit of the amount that could be spent, that left me completely baffled. (If they got more in donations that they were allowed to spend but didn't spend would that be an issue?).

But it was also emphasised in the report that it was the source of the money that might be a problem, as Granny has said..

Edited by Jacksgranda
To make sense

12 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Really?

You've got those in the wrong order in my case - chocolate, money and then that other thing that I can't remember...

NEW: Two new investigations crack wide open tonight. More pressure on @arron_banks as whistleblowers from inside his insurance company leak documents to @observerUK & @openDemocracy that suggest he lied to MPs & failed to declare Brexit expenses

Ahead of his tv “grilling” tomorrow.
#MoneySexChocolate

May's 'secret' Brexit deal avoids Irish backstop - report

It would seem that the real crunch date for #brexit is Nov 6th; can ⁦@theresa_may⁩ get her own party to agree to a soft Brino for now as a step towards a #brexit some time in the future?
https://t.co/coBTIKP6cD

Looks like there could be a deal, but I have a sinking feeling that it's just a way to avoid being blamed when it all unravels.